Knives

Guest Astra900

Guest Astra900

Don't know if anyone has started a thread about knives before, but NO self respecting gentleman would be caught without one. I can't see any survival situation going far with out one. SO? What do you have, what do you want, what do you like?

I have several Gerber products, not the least of which is my latest edition:

http://www.gerberstore.com/index.php?xpage=itempage&xid=736

It's a very tough knife, good bit of features, and razor sharp.

I carry a gerber multi tool every day. BUT, what I really want, but can't afford....yet:devil: Is the Dozier wilderness KS-7 Check it out under hunting knives.

http://www.dozierknives.com/

That's a gentleman's field knife if I ever saw one:up:

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am kind of into knives.

I have Spydercos mostly for folders,also a CRK Sebenza (the best folding knife in the world bar none)

For fixed blades I like the CRK one piece line and Busse Combat knives.

Busse Combat is set up into three companies or really lines of knives.

Busse Combat,made with infi steel,most expensive of the three

Swamp Rat Knife Works,made with mostly SR101 steel but have had a model or two done with ATS34 and infi

Scrap Yard Knives,least expensive with molded rubber type handles,great kinves at a lower cost.

The knives I grab when I head to the woods are a Spyderco Military and either a Busse ASH-1 or the CRK,the CRK has a hollow handle that I have a fire starter,fishing kit,needles,sharpening stones and iodine tablets in.

Heres a few pics.

Scrap Yard Mud Puppy

SANY0448.jpg

Swamp Rat Uncle Mojo

SANY0447.jpg

Busse Combat Custom Shop Nuclear EDC

SANY0427.jpg

Guest Astra900

All look nice, but the Busse Combat Custom Shop Nuclear EDC...... I covet thy neighbors knife:D

I really want one of those Bob Dozier knives. Anyone know anything about them????

Guest utarch00

Carbon fiber scaled Spyderco Military and my Range finder Sebenza

SANY0398-1.jpg

Nice Sebbie. I Love mine.

I have a Strider SNG, CRK Sebenza, Kersaw JYDII, Emerson LaGriffe, Becker BK-7 & BK-11, Swiss Army Alox Cadet, Boker ?, a few CRKTs

The SNG, Sebbie, & Cadet are my EDC.

I've carried this same knife daily for ten years now.

Winchester-22-49435-rw-17498-8919.jpg

Mine's not quite as pretty though, shad guts just don't wash off after a while.

Edited by dkirby

I carry my KaBar Mule everywhere and it has the wear to show it. I cook with it in the house, use it to poke the fire, I've cleaned fish with it, used it to open cans, used it as a hammer, and it's got a lifetime warranty.

knifeuse.jpg

Here is a picture of all of my knives; the Mule, a baby KaBar (backpack knife), and a Buck 110 my dad gave me just like the one he had growing up.

knives.jpg

All look nice, but the Busse Combat Custom Shop Nuclear EDC...... I covet thy neighbors knife:D

I really want one of those Bob Dozier knives. Anyone know anything about them????

Dozier makes great knives,right up there in the top 5 IMHO.

Also check out Tom Krein,he was Bobs shop foreman for years and now has his own shop.

I love that EDC,I was lucky enough to get in on it at Blade at the Busse price.Busse is one of the only knives I know of that cost more on the secondary market.I had Rainwalker make the sheath for it.

Guest Verbal Kint
Dozier makes great knives,right up there in the top 5 IMHO.

It's interesting that you say that, as I'm curious what people think. So who are the top 5, in your opinion?

IMO it would go on fixed blades like this

Busse

CRK

Krein

Dozier

RAT Cutlery,really good knives at a very good price.

Folders would go

CRK

Strider,PT,SNG and SMF

Spyderco,would be #1 if price is an issue

Benchmade

Buck,some models

Edited by J Smith
Guest Verbal Kint

Folders would go

CRK

Strider,PT,SNG and SMF

Spyderco,would be #1 if price is an issue

Benchmade

Buck,some models

Cool. Always interesting to see how people rate them all. I'm in the market for a new knife anyway, as I have no idea where my last one went during the move. :up:

Interesting that SOG didn't make your top 5. In my experience, they've been on par (or better) than CRKT. Basing it on quality though, not pricing.

Guest Jason F.

I have a Benchmade Instigator as my car knife

BMsnody02.jpg

BMsnody.jpg

I carry a CRKT H.U.G. in my pocket everyday.

CR5570.jpg

It is a new purchase though and only replaced my Gerber EZ-Out that I carried for many years.

06501_lg.jpg

I had a brief but ill fated relationship with a Smith and Wesson branded knife that could not keep its clip attached. No amount of lock tite or torque would keep it on.

21402JQQCZL._AA160_.jpg

I have also been working on a couple of sentimental knife projects.

I dug my first knife out of a box some months ago. It was my Cub Scout knife I got when I was a wee tot. It was rusted and corroded. I soaked it in a derusting agent and brushed as much of the rust away as I could. I then media blasted the metal components and reground a new edge on it.

CSKnife01.JPG

CSKnife02.JPG

I also have my grandfathers knife that was given to me on upon his passing. It was also rusted and damaged. I am going to do a more complete restoration on it as it has more value to me. I am going to completely disassemble it and have to re rivet it back together once I have restored the metal.

Cool. Always interesting to see how people rate them all. I'm in the market for a new knife anyway, as I have no idea where my last one went during the move. :rolleyes:

Interesting that SOG didn't make your top 5. In my experience, they've been on par (or better) than CRKT. Basing it on quality though, not pricing.

CRKT is not bad.Sog is good but for some reason I have never gotten one.

Cold Steel isn't bad either but I can't stand the owner and the hype ads he runs.

Many good companies out there that would tie with the 5th folder company I listed.ZT knives by Kershaw are also very good knives.

I carry either a Kershaw Onion serrated or a Gerber Paraframe I serrated. Love them both. The Onion is a lot lighter then the Gerber.

My shealth knife is an old custom Taylor I picked up back in the 80s carried during Desert Stoem and still have it.

I also carry a Leatherman or a Gerber Multi-tool and a couple of swiss army knives on occasion. Carried an officer model during Desert Storm as well.

If I had the change to throw around, I'd buy one of these.

http://www.topsknives.com/product_info.php?cPath=2&products_id=155