Knives

Guest Astra900

Guest Halfpint

Been carrying a Benchmade 523 for about six months now. Before that, it was a CRKT K.I.S.S., which I still have and use as a money clip from time to time. Anyway, here's the Benchmade.

yhst-37697109791737_2023_3410208600

Every day carry in my back pocket. Got real big on carrying a knife left handed for some reason, so I had to find one that had a reversible belt clip. About the only regret I have about it is not picking up the auto version we had at the shop a couple months ago for future use.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest emsputz
I have a Benchmade Instigator as my car knife

BMsnody02.jpg

BMsnody.jpg

I carry a CRKT H.U.G. in my pocket everyday.

CR5570.jpg

It is a new purchase though and only replaced my Gerber EZ-Out that I carried for many years.

06501_lg.jpg

I had a brief but ill fated relationship with a Smith and Wesson branded knife that could not keep its clip attached. No amount of lock tite or torque would keep it on.

21402JQQCZL._AA160_.jpg

I have also been working on a couple of sentimental knife projects.

I dug my first knife out of a box some months ago. It was my Cub Scout knife I got when I was a wee tot. It was rusted and corroded. I soaked it in a derusting agent and brushed as much of the rust away as I could. I then media blasted the metal components and reground a new edge on it.

CSKnife01.JPG

CSKnife02.JPG

I also have my grandfathers knife that was given to me on upon his passing. It was also rusted and damaged. I am going to do a more complete restoration on it as it has more value to me. I am going to completely disassemble it and have to re rivet it back together once I have restored the metal.

You did a beautiful job on the cubby knife. I have one exactly like it except the handle is blue instead of white. It is the first knife I ever owned, and I cut myself with it the first time I ever opened it. I was 10.:rolleyes:

Guest emsputz

Tungsten, this might be a good time to suggest a sub-forum for knives. Looks like this thread got a lot of response. More I think than some of the other threads in this sub-forum. Maybe a knife section in the trading post? J Smith would be a great moderator, if he would do it. Just my 2 cents worth.

Cool. Always interesting to see how people rate them all. I'm in the market for a new knife anyway, as I have no idea where my last one went during the move. :rolleyes:

Interesting that SOG didn't make your top 5. In my experience, they've been on par (or better) than CRKT. Basing it on quality though, not pricing.

I agree on the SOGs. I have 3 and they are great. When one of them had an issue, I was blown away by their awesome customer service. Not many companies will send you a brand new knife when you break a pocket clip while being too rough with it!

I have a SOG flash II and love it even though I never thought I would spend $60 bucks on a knife but I actually need to send mine into SOG and for casual carry I have a 1984 frost cutlery folder I carry. I also carry a Buck something or other from time to time its a really tough knife for the 30 bucks I paid for it.

Well, I see that knife "survival" topic seems to be mostly the day to day type, rather than "man against nature" type. I generally have 5 on me all the time:

knives.jpg

Cold Steel Recon 1 in back pocket, CS Super Edge around neck, CS Urban Pal and no name little folder on two part keychain, and multi-tool blade.

Maybe I won't need a pistol.

- OS

Guest RISC777
Gerber Gators are great knives! Have one with the half serrated edge myself.
The grip of the Gator and E-Z-Out are hard to beat. Gator has a belt sheath, E-Z-Out has the handy clip. The dang ATS-34 is a beach to sharpen, better get the diamond rods out.

I have always loved knives ever since I was a boy scout. I did learn that some camp rules don't allow butterfly knives the hard way. Here are a few of my assorted knives that I carry.

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Lately I have been carrying the Smith and Wesson HRT in the urban camo. Before that I had been carrying an auto opener, but realized that wouldn't be the best knife to have on me if I were to be pulled over etc. There is never a real rhyme or reason to what I carry at any given time, but like my firearm, I don't leave home without at least one, and I keep a few in my car console and glove box etc.

The skeleton style top, left, is that a Gerber?

And what is the fixed blade bottom, left in the third / bottom pic?

Yes that is a Gerber. it came in a hardshell package with the small skeletized handle gerber.

As for the other, it is the Explorer, not sure on model. It comes with a shoulder rig, so that you can wear it as you would a shoulder holster. I got it back in high school when I lived in Texas. I've never seen another one, and I haven't found anything on google either. I don't carry it with the shoulder rig, but rather parallel with my belt, as there is a loop on the back that will accommodate up to a 1 3/4" belt.

My everyday carry knife, as well. I wish I could disable the safety, though.

But you'll cut your a$$ off! A good knife should have at least two safeties! J/K, I hate the safety on the Sog Flash II. It is engaged at the worst times, namely at the top of a 40 foot ladder.

Guest devilsalmostfree

in my saddle bags, i carry a winchester hunting knife of some sort, carry 2 pocket knives, a machette & hatchet in the truck i haul my horses with, an ax inthe trailor, just in casers!

in my saddle bags, i carry a winchester hunting knife of some sort, carry 2 pocket knives, a machette & hatchet in the truck i haul my horses with, an ax inthe trailor, just in casers!

Sounds like me...handgun may actually be secondary weapon!

Matter of fact I just upgraded my neck knife, from Cold Steel Super Edge:

csstoreonline_2028_27839001

To CS Double Agent:

csstoreonline_2028_17743566

Love this baby. Big, but flat and light.

- OS