Knives

Guest Astra900

I have always loved knives ever since I was a boy scout. I did learn that some camp rules don't allow butterfly knives the hard way. Here are a few of my assorted knives that I carry.

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Lately I have been carrying the Smith and Wesson HRT in the urban camo. Before that I had been carrying an auto opener, but realized that wouldn't be the best knife to have on me if I were to be pulled over etc. There is never a real rhyme or reason to what I carry at any given time, but like my firearm, I don't leave home without at least one, and I keep a few in my car console and glove box etc.

I have that same Silver Falcon. Bought it almost 20 years ago in SE Arkansas.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Verbal Kint

Just received this in my email this morning. Not really a fan of Glocktalk, but some of you might like the Glock tool / Knife combo... and it's a Spyderco & Lonewolf collaboration limited at 100 pieces.

Figured you guys might be interested, so passing along the info. :P

---

Glock Talk Tenth Anniversary Commemorative Knife [GTLWD1]

$74.99

LWD-AT2.jpg

GT is proud to announce the release of 100 10th Glock Talk Anniversary commemorative Knives. The knives are the Lone Wolf Distributors Tactical Armorer’s Tool knife, built by Spyderco and based on the Endura 4. Lone Wolf Distributors will be engraving the GT logo, commemorative message and a serial number on the blades. Here is a link to the knife on LWD’s website:

http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=4396

I am going to include a picture of the knife from Lone Wolf Distributors’ website, with their engraving, until I get one of the knives in my hand to take product pictures. I am also including a picture of the proposed engraving art. It is subject to change, but will replace the Lone Wolf engraving and will look something like this picture.

WE are laying this on pretty quickly and the guys at Lone Wolf are really stepping up to make it happen. We should be able to start shipping by 17 December. Orders will be processed and shipped in the order they are received.

The knives being shipped will start at the number 20 of 100. Several of the earlier numbered knives are being used for a GT membership drive and several others are being reserved for another surprise offering, which will be announced soon.

We apologize, but it will not be possible to requested specific knife numbers. The logistics of doing this would be difficult.

This is a great knife and every purchase helps to keep Glock Talk going. Thanks for your support. Happy Holidays.

GTKnifeArt1-jpg-500.jpg

I like that spyder web Glock.

I carry a Gerber Paraframe Mini as my everyday "dress knife". It is small 5" opened, 2 3/4" closed. People with knife envy will laugh at it, but it still will hurt if I stick them with it..cough cough...punisher, canyn....cough cough. I have been looking to upgrdade to a bigger, more casual knife for the nights and weekends.

G08485.gif

I like that spyder web Glock.

People with knife envy will laugh at it, but it still will hurt if I stick them with it..cough cough...punisher, canyn....cough cough. I have been looking to upgrdade to a bigger, more casual knife for the nights and weekends.

G08485.gif

Your mother has knife envy. :P That is a sharp knife though, excuse the pun. I'll have to show you my new Buck folder next time I see ya.

Guest TnDeerHunter

My carry knive is a SOG FLASH ll But I do have a small collection of custum Corby knives. Harold Corby is a knive maker who lives in Johnson City Tn. He builds fix blades mostly but also makes some fine switchblades.

My stepson brought me a K-Bar from when he was active USMC. I'm sure illegal to carry and it means too much to me to have something happen to it. I keep my Leatherman with me. Carried it both on and off duty, used it a LOT!!! Have had it now for about 20 yrs. Not a spot of rust,touch up the blade with steel once in a while. Can't beat leatherman for an all purpose tool.

• 1 month later...
Guest Bulletman

Should be here in a couple days,Il let you know.Its a folding knife with spring assist opening.Best price was Amazon.com.I paid $59.Many sites as high as $110.

I keep my CRK K.I.S.S. on me all the time, except work..damn the TSA. I have had it 5 years, usually use it when I am fishing, but even used it last month to trim the top branch of the Christmas tree. I had to sharpen it for the first time after the whole tree thing. I love it, open and close with 1 hand.

Now you guys have me shoping for another knife damnit. I have several pocket knives, the CRK being my current favorite. I have an old 3" locking blade folder I got when I was a kid, needs cleaned and sharpened.

Guest ProguninTN

I've been carrying one of my cheapo knives. I have some cheap folders, I don't even know their make/models. I guess I'm afraid of damaging my good ones which I sometimes carry. Those are a Swiss Army knife, Puma, Smith & Wesson, and a Harley Davidson. (They don't just make motorcycles you know.) I also borrowed some of my fathers knives...Benchmade and Leatherman make good ones.

Guest ProguninTN
Well okay, but they don't make knives.

Nor does S&W.

- OS

Okay, so it appears from searching that Benchmade manufactured the knives for Harley Davidson. However, S&W DOES make knives.

I have this one.

http://www.knifecenter.com/kc_new/store_detail.html?s=SWHRT3

Okay, so it appears from searching that Benchmade manufactured the knives for Harley Davidson. However, S&W DOES make knives.

I have this one.

http://www.knifecenter.com/kc_new/store_detail.html?s=SWHRT3

I actually happen to have that exact knife during my experimentation with neck knives before settling in on Cold Steel.

It says "China" right on the blade, I'm sure yours does too.

Box says "Taylor Brands LLC / Made in China / Official Licensee of Smith & Wesson Corp. / Manufactured by Taylor Brands, LLC"

I assure you, Smith and Wesson does NOT make knives...or motorcycles, Harley doesn't make knives, or guns :tinfoil:

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
Cagey old bass turd, ain't he? :tinfoil:

At my last (really LAST, I hope) employment gig, I looked into getting a shirt with COF emblazoned on it, after a young manager I had taken to task called me a "Crusty Old Fart".

I considered it a compliment.

Incidentally, Taylor Brands doesn't really "make" the knives either, although they are in Kingsport! They also don't "make" Shrade.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot