So I have a Form 1 addiction

I got my trust 6 months ago, I have discovered that the only limitation I have with building Form 1 firearms is my wife.

So far I have 2 approved, an 11.5in SBR and a 5.56 suppressor.

20150516_100819.jpg

Now that I have deployed and the wife can't complain to me in person I've submitted 2 more SBR's and prepping for 2 more cans. Going to do a 5.5in 9mm PDW and another 5.56 of some variety. Not sure just yet.

Now all I need to do is find someone with a lathe, that accepts beer as payment, to do 20 minutes of machine work when I get home.

Anyone else have the Form 1 bug?

• Like 2

Yep, especially with suppressors, once you get one, pretty much every firearm decision you make after that is filtered through that lens.

Good to see you on!

I know right?

I won't even look at a gun now unless it can be suppressed. :ph34r:

And it's nice to be back, life got in the way for a while. Now that i'm deployed that happens a lot less often.

Always make questionable financial decisions when deployed. Especially if you're married. The excitement of having you back trumps your decision making process. Especially if hazard pay is involved. That's how I got my Jeep finished.

The only thing that keeps me from dropping more Form 1's is the fact full time school with part time work means that I don't have the time to hit the range to justify spending the money.

I'll just live vicariously through all of you until that situation changes.  :P

The only thing that keeps me from dropping more Form 1's is the fact full time school with part time work means that I don't have the time to hit the range to justify spending the money.

I'll just live vicariously through all of you until that situation changes.  :P

But dat GI Bill.

And this is why I need to log in more often, a fellow shooter, vet, Boro resident, and student. How have we not run into one another?

But dat GI Bill.

And this is why I need to log in more often, a fellow shooter, vet, Boro resident, and student. How have we not run into one another?

I only got to Murfreesboro in late 2013.  Before that I was in Kuwait, Fort Campbell, or Afghanistan since 2009.

The GI Bill is great, but I'm trying to keep money fluid so that when I graduate I have enough for a down payment for a house and a new car if needed wherever I wind up.  Form 1'd guns and suppressors aren't exactly the easiest things to sell off if funds need to be regained.

I only got to Murfreesboro in late 2013.  Before that I was in Kuwait, Fort Campbell, or Afghanistan since 2009.

The GI Bill is great, but I'm trying to keep money fluid so that when I graduate I have enough for a down payment for a house and a new car if needed wherever I wind up.  Form 1'd guns and suppressors aren't exactly the easiest things to sell off if funds need to be regained.

I moved there after redeploying in 2013, started school in 2014.

And I know the feeling. Bills got paid, but no money for extra shit like Form 1's. But now I'm in a tax free zone with Haz pay, so I've got enough coming in to play and still save a good chunk.

Damnit - makes me one to Form 1 a Draco and my PS90 now...

Missed a deployment with the 101st since I was trying to 4187 to 3-5 SFG then by the time that pooch got un-screwed they left.

Ah well, the wife and I are getting out soon and scooping some contractor jobs...we still want to buy some cans, just havent had the patience to wait

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Right now Form 1 and Form 4 are taking about the same amount of time if you use a trust. So, in proper fashion, get both.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

So I figured out what I want my gun to be.

12.5in 5.56 SBR, thinking about a side charging upper, UCIW stock, SLR Solo 9in rail, F1 reflex QD suppressor.

Still trying to decide what optic, I may throw the 1-4 I have on it and put something else on the 11.5.

Oh, and dropped 2 more stamps for the cans. :rock:

I can relate man! I just got done with my 10.5" SBR and already planning the next! I really want to do a pistol caliber sub gun style sbr, like an MPX or Scorpion. Very addicting stuff.

I'm about 90% complete on parts for a 5.5in 9mm SBR "for the wife."

All I need is a LPK, and the suppressor parts.

• 3 months later...

Minor thread necromancy here. You can only use a Form 1 for a suppressor if you're building your own, right? Any commercially bought suppressor still has to go through a FFL right?

YES. Commercial supressors are on either form 3(dealer transfer) or form 4.
  • Like 2

Minor thread necromancy here. You can only use a Form 1 for a suppressor if you're building your own, right? Any commercially bought suppressor still has to go through a FFL right?

I think that's perfectly acceptable for threads involving stamp collecting!   :cheers:

• Like 1