Reporter Shot on Live TV in Virginia

The shooter is in custody after shooting himself when confronted by authorities. They say he is still alive but may not survive or be able to stand trial. Either way he will find himself in hell both before and after his death. I can only hope that he regains full cognitive function but is unable to move anything other than his eyeballs. That would be hell for anyone to be stuck in the tomb that is your own mind with no escape possible.

I watched the video the shooter took, it is sad and disturbing. What is really disturbing is the shooter pulled the gun out then stood there pointing it at the three victims before he began shooting. I guess at one point he realizes his gun does not have a round chambered so he chambers a round then begins firing 3-5 seconds later. All the victims were distracted by the interview and never noticed the shooter or had a clue about his intentions. It could also be that his former fellow employees might not have viewed him as a threat as well.

It truly is sad as the reporter just moved in with her long time boyfriend and they were planning on getting married soon.

We need to seriously look at the "justice" system. Not so much this case but other cases where the crimes were violent. Violent criminals should be classified differently and be punished differently than those who commit non violent crimes. I would have ZERO issue with some form of daily corporal punishment of anyone who is convicted of murder, rape, molestation or any of the other seriously violent crimes. Hold a separate trial to determine whether the crime was violent AND premeditated and if so let the daily punishment begin. Feed them nutritionally adequate meals that are made without the concern of how it tastes. Some sort of mush, like a thickened soup, that they get from a tube in the wall of their cell a few times a day. Feed them all the same thing and just enough to keep them alive, definitely not enough for them to work out or have the energy to escape or fight officers.

Right now someone who rapes a child then kills them gets to have most things we do on the outside. They also get free healthcare, paid for the work they do in prison, television, conjugal visits, televisions, free college, free food, not responsibilities and all of this in exchange for sitting in an air conditioned room. What criminals should do is fear our justice system but they don't because it is nothing more than a family reunion for most. Most criminals have it better than our soldiers which is sad.

• Like 3

I found the video the shooter made. I got part to where he first brandishes the firearm and thought "why are you going to watch this sh*t that he wants you to see?" and just turned it off.

Low life sack of sh*t. 

I had the same thoughts while watching it. Kind of wish I didn't now but it did serve as a reminder to try to be more aware of my surroundings. It's honestly shocking that they didn't notice him standing there with a gun pointed at them.

I had the same thoughts while watching it. Kind of wish I didn't now but it did serve as a reminder to try to be more aware of my surroundings. It's honestly shocking that they didn't notice him standing there with a gun pointed at them.

Well, they're filming live so it's kinda like talking to your CEO.. you're going to intentionally ignore everyone/everything around you to focus on that task. I have to imagine they're used to onlookers and people trying to get on camera. They probably sensed the guy was there in peripheral but didn't bother to look at him directly.

Well, they're filming live so it's kinda like talking to your CEO.. you're going to intentionally ignore everyone/everything around you to focus on that task. I have to imagine they're used to onlookers and people trying to get on camera. They probably sensed the guy was there in peripheral but didn't bother to look at him directly.

Yeah I could see that I guess.

I can only hope that he regains full cognitive function but is unable to move anything other than his eyeballs. That would be hell for anyone to be stuck in the tomb that is your own mind with no escape possible.

No chit! This is one of my biggest fears, and I've instructed my family to just let me die if I'm in this state.

Here is the POV video he recorded with gun fire if anybody wants to see it before it is taken down...you will see somebody get shot so if you dont want to see that dont watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1_7DwXEDU8&feature=youtu.be

Edited by tennesseetiger

Here is the POV video he recorded with gun fire if anybody wants to see it before it is taken down...you will see somebody get shot so if you dont want to see that dont watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1_7DwXEDU8&feature=youtu.be

Honestly I would prefer this not be here as it serves no purpose besides watching innocents die and giving this moron what he wanted, views.

No offense to you sir.
  • Like 2

Honestly I would prefer this not be here as it serves no purpose besides watching innocents die and giving this moron what he wanted, views.

No offense to you sir.

Thats up to you guys and the mods...just passing along the POV video he released to the world. If you guys want to take it down I have no issues with that.

Thats up to you guys and the mods...just passing along the POV video he released to the world. If you guys want to take it down I have no issues with that.

Sure and rethinking it, you have as much right to post it as I have to not watch it. Saying I don't like it doesn't make mine the correct opinion.
  • Like 1
It's amazing that this guy was able to get so close, fumble around, and still kill those two. If anyone around had been carrying they would have had PLENTY of time to take this guy out before he did any damage. Unbelievable.
  • Like 1

It's amazing that this guy was able to get so close, fumble around, and still kill those two. If anyone around had been carrying they would have had PLENTY of time to take this guy out before he did any damage. Unbelievable.

I can understand the camera man not seeing him "had his back to him the whole time" and even the reporter BUT that woman being interviewed should have seen him from a mile away...even if you cant move your head because you are on TV you can still use your eyes to watch what is going on.

I can understand the camera man not seeing him "had his back to him the whole time" and even the reporter BUT that woman being interviewed should have seen him from a mile away...even if you cant move your head because you are on TV you can still use your eyes to watch what is going on.

I don't think it's very respectful to criticize a victim for not having YOUR situational awareness. Most people don't consider such things as we do - particularly women who tend to not have this instinctively.

Edited by SWJewellTN
  • Like 1

I don't think it's very respectful to criticize a victim for not having YOUR situational awareness. Most people don't consider such things as we do - particularly women who tend to not have this instinctively.

I was not criticizing anyone...I really wasn't. I was simply commenting in reference "and even quoted them" to something somebody said about the situational awareness piece. Nobody is to blame but the guy with a gun at the end of the day...just hard to understand how somebody with eyes pointed in the direction of a guy with a gun did not see him pull it out or walk up. I mean absolutely no disrespect. Just discussing what happened.

These discussions and comments are nothing new either...flip through any thread in reference to a shooting on this site that you want and you will see this stuff being discussed over and over again.

Edited by tennesseetiger
Something feels hokey about the video.
The guy walks up and points his gun and no one notices. I can only assume the weapon wasn't charged and he pulls back to load it. Then he fires multiple times and the gal takes off running.
I understand fight or flight adrenaline but most humans will fall especially an injured lady.

Not making light or calling bs on a situation where someone obviously died, it just feels off.

Either way, sad. Very sad.

When do we white folk riot? We're this the other way around.....oh never mind. Edited by Caster
  • Like 3