Finally bought a Ruger Alaskan

djerdl

This one has been on my wish list for a few years, and everything just kind of fell in to place for it to be the right time to pick it up. I've got to give it to the guys at Guns and Leather in Greenbrier. They're great to work with, even if it is a heck of a drive from the Boro.
  • Like 2
I'm loving it so far. I took it over to the indoor range at On Target. The 454 felt like a punch to the chest. I've never actually had the blowback push my shirt back and flip my hair up.. pretty cool

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Thanks. I ordered a Simply Rugged right after a got the pistol. Should only be another week or so until it gets here. I can't wait to be able to carry it hiking, and occasionally around town.

Love the bear paw design. Who makes that one?
  • Like 1

Simply Rugged holsters are the simply the best all leather revolver holster there is currently. I own 4 for wheel guns and 1 for mid size simi autos. I have one for N Frame smith but it totes an Alaskan just fine!  I have yet to get there "Chesty" rig but have always wanted one. You will be pleased with it and if not you can always sell it to me :rofl:  Rob is the best kept secrete on leather wheel gun holsters!

I emailed him today, and he said he thinks it's on his "out for delivery table". Hopefully I'll get it in by mid next week. I'm really looking forward to carrying this beast while hiking etc. I'll probably pick up the Chesty Rig later in the fall.
I did end up having to order the heavier 300gr hard cast rounds off of Midway. No one locally carries anything bigger than a 260gr hollow point in .454.
  • 1 month later...
Sure, I'll post a couple when I get home this morning. I ended up ordering a couple different grips- the non gel pad hogues, and a set of badger rosewood boot grips. Haven't tried them out yet, though. The gel version seem too big and too soft in my hands. I'm going out to the range Monday to test both and some ammo.