One Year in Hell

The previous thread got me to thinking about this guy.I came across this guy - Selco - who survived in the Balkans during that particularly nasty war and what he offers in formation is pretty enlightening. Its less about preps and more about true survival. With all the crap going on in the country we still somehow think we won't be as bad as some third world place or worse. Check it out. I'm not suggesting you take his course. Just read his blog. Its free and it has a lot of good information on surviving. He writes in broken english but you get the picture.

http://shtfschool.com/

Edited by polecat
  • Like 2

The old adage "the bigger you are, the harder you fall" definitely will apply.

Truer words were never spoken.  Our collapse will be worse than any other country. 

I am pretty familiar with the Argentine collapse and I think the Balkans experience will mirror what will happen in the US especially in the larger cities. Nothing like the hatred of a civil war going on to stoke the fires of hatred even more so. 

Great post Gordon. I appreciate your insight on this and totally agree.

We witnessed this in a microcosm following Katrina back home. Society has a very thin veneer...very thin.

Face it, our J.I.T. or Just In Time 3 day inventory system is simply too fragile. We've all seen it fall apart locally here in TN at the mere prediction of bad weather.

I'm not calling Gloom & Doom...but reality is difficult to ignore. We are responsible for ourselves and those whose care is entrusted to us... to protect, provide food and shelter, and we best know how to provide emergency medical attention to them, and ourselves as well.

I don't know what tomorrow or the next few years will bring...but chances are it won't be friggin' rainbows & unicorns...

I am familiar with Selco's writings as well as FerFal's. I believe I still have Fernando's book on my shelf...if I haven't loaned it out already. They both offer valuable insight into our collective potential future.

But whatever comes down the pike, efforts at improving your self-sufficiency and ability to care for yourself and loved ones is never wasted time and resources. :2cents:

• 2 weeks later...