Sheared off zerk fitting

Lumber_Jack

Glad it worked, there's not many other options you could use on that part without damaging the bushing.

Yeah, it worked great. I'm gonna pull the bushing a clean the grease out to make sure there aren't any metal shaving in there from the one I used that was too small
BTW....

I've been told the urethane bushings, they don't break down, collapse and crack over time like rubber. They tend to just fall apart completely. So if those bushings are old, or even look like they need replacing, better do it now rather than have to pull it all back apart later to do it.

New bushings don't cost that much. At least they didn't for my 97 Mustang GT. I got mine from Summit Racing and fwiw, they were cheaper than getting them direct from Hotchkis.

BTW....

I've been told the urethane bushings, they don't break down, collapse and crack over time like rubber. They tend to just fall apart completely. So if those bushings are old, or even look like they need replacing, better do it now rather than have to pull it all back apart later to do it.

New bushings don't cost that much. At least they didn't for my 97 Mustang GT. I got mine from Summit Racing and fwiw, they were cheaper than getting them direct from Hotchkis.

The bushings for these are like new. I think the dude only drove like 4k miles on them. I love people who change their minds constantly, it makes for good deals [emoji51]
  • Like 1

I love people who change their minds constantly, it makes for good deals [emoji51]

It's about time for you to get rid of some of those old crusty guns in the closet isn't it?

I'll be patiently waiting in the classifieds.

• Like 1

I you can find them, left handed drill bits work great. Most times the bit itself will back it out but if not, you still have the hole for the ez-out.

The only places I've ever found them at were small, independent hardware stores and online.

I just checked online and supposedly, Northern Tools have them.

Harbor Freight has a little set for like $6. I usually buy a set every now and then just to keep them around. For that price and the purpose I just consider them disposable but they're handy when you need them.