Crieve Hall Home Invasion / Kidnapping

Robbers are getting smarter, go where there is disposable income and sheep.

Not much to steal in the hood; my guess is the homes worth robbing in the hood have owners who would meet the perp with extreme prejudice and an illegally obtained handgun Edited by Gotthegoods

There's quite a bit of disposable income around where I live. Lots of guns and crotchety olpharts who'll use them without a lot of provocation too. Home invaders don't want to make too many assumptions that could come back and bite them in the butt around this neck of the woods, although I hope they do. :pleased:

Edited by EssOne

I don't even go to my mail box out by the road without a gun and my hand on it in my pocket.   I have known of folks getting robbed while out cutting their grass. There is really no where that is actually safe anymore. Robbers are getting more brave these days. I'm just glad no one was hurt in that one.............jmho

• Like 5

There's quite a bit of disposable income around where I live. Lots of guns and crotchety olpharts who'll use them without a lot of provocation too. Home invaders don't want to make too many assumptions that could come back and bite them in the butt around this neck of the woods, although I hope they do. :pleased:

I refuse to feel sorry for any of them if they get dead doing a home invasion, they get what they ask for. I'm writing this with my Glock on my side.

• Like 2

Robbers are getting smarter, go where there is disposable income and sheep.

I can't find the story link but they are still dumb also. There was a man that got shot and killed by a woman when he broke into her house. Turns out he and a buddy broke into this same house 2 years ago and one of them got shot in the arm and both arrested for it.

I always wondered how they got up the nerve to enter someones home knowing that there's a very good chance the homeowner owns a gun, let alone going to the same house that you got shot at before.

I always wondered how they got up the nerve to enter someones home knowing that there's a very good chance the homeowner owns a gun, let alone going to the same house that you got shot at before.

Crack or smack or meth often explains that.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1

Everyone thinks you're crazy for carrying in your house until #### like this goes down. That was five miles or so from where I live.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

People can think I am crazy all they want.  My CCW stays on my side as long as I am awake and goes on the nightstand beside me when I sleep.  If I didn't have dogs in the house at night that I am confident would bark if someone were breaking in, I might even wear it in bed.  

• Like 3

As Mac and others have wisely opined; there is no location immune from this sort of thuggism... Ya need to be ready if, God forbid, that terrible time comes to your door... There have been several in our neck of the woods as well... A couple of the would be robbers are layin in the graveyard... It's an idea whose time has come...

Keep your tools handy at all times...

leroy