Upgrading my Tupperware

chipperi

I have carried the same Taurus PT145 since I got my permit. With the recent settlement/recall I have been eyeballing a replacement. I currently have my heart on a .45acp Glock.

It will be a carry gun so 30 30G4 30S 30SF I have ruled out the 36 on capacity and I wear a 18.5 ring size so single stacks don't fit these big mitts.

I can't find a store that has all three so I can fondle them all side by side. I held the 36 at Bass Pro the other day but I have already ruled that one out

If you compare them on Glocks site  https://us.glock.com/products/compare?g1=g30gen4&g2=g30s&g3=g30sf&g4=g30

They are all so very close in size and weight You Tube vids have helped somewhat.

Any body have the 4 mentioned and have some non Glock bashing input.

BTW I took my wife with me to BassPro and now she wants a Taurus 740slim so this will probably end up being a 2 gun purchase. Why are hobbies so expensive?? :)

The gen 4 Glock 21 & 30 is more comfortable in my hands than the previous gen 1,2 & 3 varients but it's still a pretty good sized gun. If your dead set on somethin of a tactical tupperware persuarsion then look at one of the SA XD compacts too. I don't know how close to Clarksville you are but TN Gun Country has an Indoor range with a fairly extensive Glock and other brand rental pistol inventory.

For a carry gun from those choices I carry the 30s. It fits the same holster (leather) as my Glock 19. My 30sf is a fine gun but you are back to the larger slide. 10 plus 1 and my Glock 21 mag for spare should get the job done if needed. My 30s has been a flawless gun.

I considered the XDs at first but they felt a ton heavier than the Glocks.

The XDS feels the same to me too. I have the Glock 30 and I recomend it. Mine is a Gen 2.5 and shoots great and has been 100% reliable. I carry it in an Alien Gear holster and sometimes in the Glock Sports Holster when hunting. It is a little thick but is well worth it.

They are heavier, but 45acp in such a small package, imo, that isn't such a bad thing if you are actually shooting it.

Problem with a heavier gun is I have a Flat A$$! Sometimes even with a good belt my pants want to head south......No one wants to see that! :)

Problem with a heavier gun is I have a Flat A$$! Sometimes even with a good belt my pants want to head south......No one wants to see that! :)

I made 2 thick leather belts a few years ago and attached d-rings spaced out just right to mate with the clips on web gear suspenders, I also made a pair of leather suspenders with clips to work with them. They are still fed through the belt loops of your pants. Of course I hide them under a shirt, those web gear suspenders might get you funny looks in public. I'm going to make a new set but i'm going to use webbing for the suspenders. If you tote around a Glock 21 all day the setup really makes a difference and you don't have to torque your belt very tight and no one ever see's it anyway.

[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/JMH42/media/Suspenders_zpsxqfabh7f.jpg.html]Suspenders_zpsxqfabh7f.jpg[/URL]