New suppressor

Where do ya'll get your suppressors in Nashville? I'm waiting on my SBR paperwork to come in and have a 7.62 suppressor that will work for now once the paperwork goes through but in building the rifle I want... I'll need(want) a  QD 6" suppressor. I have a QD surefire for my 5.56 and luxury of that makes me want the same for the SBR. 

Going on a future 300 blk out SBR and it'll be exclusive to that but might as well get a 7.62 

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I buy most of mine through Capitol Armory in Texas or Silencer Shop and form 3 them to Everything Weapons. EW has some good deals on some (I bought a AAC SR7 back at Christmas) but those big companies will run sales on holidays and you can get stupid deals. Worth the extra 6 weeks of transfer in most cases.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Royal range is starting to get cans, they are trying to beat SilencerShop's prices. However you will have to pay tax.

I saw that when I was in there. Its just too hard for retail stores to compete with online purchases most times. I like to support local when its a small difference. Royal Range has a Salvo12 for just under $1100 and I got one on a fire sale at Capitol for $750 out the door. They do have a great selection though.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
  • 3 weeks later...

Pros and cons of 6.8 over 300 blk? Because for some reason I can't get a 6.8 out of my head

Where i hunt in Alabama. If i had one AR it would be a 11.5 or 10.5 6.8 SBR with quick Detach Suppressor Because I don't shoot over 175 yards and  the 6.8 is capable further than the 300. It's a more powerful round and more of a do it all gun it seems like. Plus it's been very very accurate for me. 

The reason I bought the 300 was I had ordered the 6.8 in 16" and didn't know that SBR'ing was as easy as it was. Since i had at 16" on the way I figured go with the shortest gun I could that made sense. The 300 will do everything I need but the 6.8 will do it a little better. I eventually may sell the 300 or sell the 16"6.8 upper and go with a 6.8 SBR and have two SBRs

Bison said 8.5" barrel in 6.8 wouldn't be great for the suppressor and noise.  the 10.5 or 11.5 gives the powder enough time to burn off, but the 300 is fine with the short barrel. I wanted something as compact as possible. In case I bring my bolt gun along too 

The Pros for 300 were- Shorter barrel 

Cons less range 

6.8 Pros- cheaper ammo if buying factory and more range and punch 

Cons Longer barrel plus suppressor 

Edited by jwhjwh54

I THINK i maybe done with NFA stuff for a bit.

Said no one ever.....
My NFA toys are my favs. Many suppressors, a few integrals, and now SBRing multiple guns :)
I always have one in the hopper. When one stamp comes in, another goes out [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
How much is blaster 6.8? I was at academy sports and they had the 125OTM for the 300 for $11.99/20.

And you can find decent hunting ammunition for less than $1 per round.

But yeah, the 300 is a 150 yard max round for deer when shooting supersonic. Inside of 100 I would probably rather have my 245 grain cast at max velocity. Velocity would be around 1,500 I would guess. And out of my 10 twist gun they will immediately tumble creating a would channel that is wider than any bullet hopes to expand.

A quick look on lucky gunner says, $20.75 for Hornady BTHP and about $16 for American eagle FMJ/20

American eagle FMJ online for 9.99 and you can find 115 fusions for 17-18 in store and online (rare in store but I have before) 

I think I may end up transitioning to the 68 SBR but for this season it'll be the 300! 

Went by AH reloading and got some 300 supplies. Friendly and good prices 

I found it odd that s caliber that used more powder and bigger brass would cost less.

I believe it's a combination of things. .300blk uses standard .30cal projectiles which are cheaper due to the volume sold, whereas 6.8 uses .277cal bullets which aren't as widespread in use. .300blk is based off of 5.56 which simplifies brass production I'm sure. 6.8 is based off from .30Rem (obsolete) case, and likely shares no machining with anything else. .300blk is the big thing right now and simply more popular than 6.8. Supply and demand pricing.