Glock 19 or full size M&P9

leprechaun

I called customer service to find out the hours and if they were open the day I wanted to go. The tech told me to bring all my Glock magazines and Glock pistols that I owned and they would go thru them and replace any worn parts in the pistols. I had some old magazines that the tech traded for new ones at no cost with my permission. I paid for Glock night sights for my pistols with no labor or extra parts. Not many manufacturers will give this service.
[quote name="deafdogdief" post="1309896" timestamp="1443493416"]How's that work? I want to have new sights put on my two model 19s and will be in that area later this week. Can I just bring them by? Schedule an appointment?[/quote]
Just go to the factory. Be there before the cutoff. I think 4p.m. Bring your mags and everything for the gun so they can go over everything.[/quote]

GT's in Rossville will put the same Glock night sights on for the same price.

Define MIM. I have several of the new and don't have an issue. I don't doubt your statement. I have heard and read a lot about BTF. Don't don't know what MIM is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Metal injection molding (MIM) is a metalworking process by which finely-powdered metal is mixed with a measured amount of binder material to comprise a "feedstock" capable of being handled by plastic processing equipment through a process known as injection mold forming.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_injection_molding

• Like 1

Me. I love the finger groves on a 19 Gen 4. Guess I go against the crowd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, the 4th gen G-19 does feel better in my hand then the 3rd gen and I'm sure most of that's due to the interchangeable back straps. FTMP I'm not a fan of finger groves on any polymer pistol, particularly the Glock, but it all works out just fine in the 4th gen G-19. 

• 2 weeks later...

Buy one of each and sell the one you like least. I own a Glock 19.  All the things the haters say about it is true.  I carry it every day and keep it close at night. It's the pistol you want to have in your hands, God help you, if you ever need one. The M&P is also a fine handgun.

Being the oddball here, I own both M&P and Glock pistols. My personal preference is the G19 for carry. Well...that was true until the Shield replaced it. anyway.

For range use, I still prefer the Glocks, but the M&P 9 and 22 pistols are pretty good too.

Just go with whatever feels right to you and you won't go wrong.