Official Thread of 2015-2016 deer season

The are a lot of fox squirrels where I hunt.  I bigger concentration of them than anywhere else I've ever seen.  I had one in the tree right above me this morning and the little butthead crapped on me.  Felt and heard something hit the sleeve of my jacket and looked down to find a pea sized turd.  I think he was laughing at me.

:lol: Now that's funny (since it wasn't me) Haha

There are some big fox squirrels where I was at today but didn't see any out. I came out to move furniture as mentioned above. Then the person cancelled after I drove 50 miles for nothing and missed the mid day hunt. Ticked me off but drove all the way back out there for the last 2 hrs of the day. Still didn't see anything but I was in the woods! :rock:

Shot my biggest ever doe this afternoon.
A buddy & I went to his place to set another ladder stand up & she wandered out 350yds into a field, daring me to take a pop at her.
I obliged.
The 6.5 Berger VLD did the business.
I don't have a scale to weigh her, but after dressing out it took both of us to get her in the back of Tracey's truck!

20151122_151755_zpsiayspo1z.jpg

Edited by robtattoo
  • Like 8

Shot my biggest ever doe this afternoon.
A buddy & I went to his place to set another ladder stand up & she wandered out 350yds into a field, daring me to take a pop at her.
I obliged.
The 6.5 Berger VLD did the business.
I don't have a scale to weigh her, but after dressing out it took both of us to get her in the back of Tracey's truck!20151122_151755_zpsiayspo1z.jpg

Congratulations!

The are a lot of fox squirrels where I hunt. I bigger concentration of them than anywhere else I've ever seen. I had one in the tree right above me this morning and the little butthead crapped on me. Felt and heard something hit the sleeve of my jacket and looked down to find a pea sized turd. I think he was laughing at me.

Man, I've had that happen from birds. Flocks of starling land in the trees around then get pelted.

Got a doe this morning. De-boned it and have the rest in the Yeti so it can be trimmed and ground later on. I have NEVER seen this amount of fat and tallow on a deer. Wondering if it's an indication of a bad winter coming and they're fattening up against it?

That buck I shot in TX had a ton of fat on him too... although he was pretty old and used to feeders I'm sure.

But thats an interesting thought about winter Edited by SupaRice

We took 5 nice doe this past weekend.  Hope to meet our harvest objectives by the end of the season!  We got a few nice bucks running around that need a year or two before we would consider them shooters.  So great to see other people successful as well! 

Man!!! :wall: :wall: I shot a BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG one this morning, and I can't find it! :panic: :panic: :panic: :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake:

Yea I think this is a deer hunting thread not a fishing one lol haha hehe wish I could help you find it my man

I'm hoping it wasn't hit well. It was a fairly long shot, although I was comfortable with it. I found a blood trail for a while, and could find no more. I brought my son and my dog to help with the search, but no dice. Maybe we'll get another crack at him. This really sucks. I don't like wounding one at all.

It was a fairly long shot, but I felt comfortable with it. He moved slowly, like he was hurt, I got a second shot off and heard him take about three more steps. I assumed he was down, but I was wrong. I was able to follow a blood trail for a while, but could no longer find it. My dog could trail him about as far as I could. It's like the earth swallowed him up or something.

I thought I would be able to see him leave the area after the second shot if he wasn't. I waited a long while before going to where he was. I'm at a loss. :shrug:

Edited by gregintenn

You helped on this one Kahrman, used the Wby 270 mag we traded to take him!  THANKS it's a sweet shooter

Headed back tomorrow afternoon after turkey day dinner to spend the weekend looking for something bigger or some does!

Edited by Rightwinger