Nobody Talking Bout Dem Voles, Huh?

Oh Shoot

11 in a row.

Why didn't Jones go for two after the last touchdown?  No time for 3 possessions for Florida, nothing more lost if it failed, 12 point lead same as 13 point lead if Fla scores twice with PATs, which is exactly what happened.

I think it's got to be some sort of long term gambling fix by the syndicate or something, it just seems beyond all the odds.

- OS

It's almost a given anymore over the past couple of years, Vols will hang in and be winning to either halftime or 4th quarter, and then give the game away.

Go for 2 points, make a 4th down stop, something and FINISH a meaningful game.
Coach Jones has improved this team, no doubt, but still a ways to go.
Tennessee football is the laughing stock of the SEC and will soon be relegated to the same class as other small time teams. They continue to blow the game in the 4th quarter with regularity. It's the same every fall. Weather gets crispy, people have camp fires, and Tennessee starts hunting a new savior/coach.

Sent from the backwoods

Looks like the Fulmer Curse is still winning.   :death:

Fulmer did beat Florida 5 times and one was on the way to the National Championship ... I'm sure most fans see that as the Glory Days by comparison.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1

Fulmer did beat Florida 5 times and one was on the way to the National Championship ... I'm sure most fans see that as the Glory Days by comparison.

- OS

I work in the same town Fulmer's parents live in, they live in a very modest home on a street I use as a short cut, they also have a huge UT mail box with a goal post all made out of HD steel, back then I never watched or cared about UT but I knew when they lost because someone would take out their frustration on that mailbox, they would pull it down or drive through it, I bet Fulmer had a mobil welding fabricator on call during the football season...LOL

• Like 1

This lose was 100% the coaches fault. Your up 12 with 10 mins left YOU GO FOR 2. no way Florida gets the ball three times and scores two of those as field goals, completely incompetent and inexcusable.

As I listened to his excuse once again I further realized just how much like a politician he is.

Yes, he should have gone for two.  The bigger concern is the one-dimensional offense.  Run plays and QB draws on 3rd and long means either the staff is afraid to throw the ball, or they know something we don't.  Dobbs is not some true freshman QB--why not throw the ball more than the occasional screen?

I honestly think Dobbs has serious accuracy issues. He misses passes that should be automatic. He's a good kid and can run but I'm not sold on him as a good QB.

I hate that Butch doesn't come into the presser and claim responsibility. I hope he apologized to the team, cause he didn't apologize to the fans. He needs to own their mistakes Edited by Lumber_Jack
  • Like 1

/\ That sucks! /\

A UGA fan here -  who used to enjoy watching TN find ways to loose, but that ended about a season ago. Its just gotten so bad, I've found myself pulling for them to get decent wins.

Once again, Tennessee snatches defeat from the jaws of victory.

Yep, this EXACTLY - no other way to describe it.

Hell, maybe it's a state of Tennessee thing. Titans have pissed away a good lead too. 

I sat in the humid stadium on Sunday watching the Titans and thought to myself, "If I wanted to watch this again I could just go turn on the DVR".

If I were Mariota, I'd tell the Titans if they don't draft offensive lineman and tackles with all their picks next year, I'm quitting!