Nobody Talking Bout Dem Voles, Huh?

Oh Shoot

I feel asleep sometime during the 3rd quarter and woke up right at the end of the game as they said the final score. I just shook my head and turned off the light.

Typical Tennessee.

I didn't start watching until the 3rd quarter so my hopes weren't that high, dam MTSU Imploded on Vandy too....

He couldn't win the big game either....Florida and Aladamnbama....LOL

?? Fulmer was 11-5 against Bama.

And yeah, only 5-12 against FL, but 5 is a helluva lot better than zip in the last 11 years, huh? Plus one of them was on the way to a national championship.

So let's put Fat Phil's record in a bit of context here.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 3

?? Fulmer was 11-5 against Bama.

And yeah, only 5-12 against FL, but 5 is a helluva lot better than zip in the last 11 years, huh? Plus one of them was on the way to a national championship.

So let's put Fat Phil's record in a bit of context here.

- OS

But that was with Payton, dang I miss him, they need to recruit him, if not as a coach then as a cheerleader..

Outsider perspective...which some might not agree with BUT I'll say it anyway.

University of Tennessee needs to show some humility and try to bring Fulmer back in...admit they screwed up by kicking him out and try to get the program back on track. People freaked out because he had a couple of bad years, but the man only had 6 seasons under 9 wins and 3 of the 6 were 8 win seasons. Butch is great at recruiting BUT he's not the guy who is going to fix Tennessee...he wasn't great in Cincinnati so what made people think he would be great in the SEC? He could win that conference but he couldn't beat outsiders...which should have been the sign. I mean Dooley beat him when he was at his best in Cincinnati in 2011..........Butch won 10 games that year BUT once again, he couldn't beat any outsiders so he was basically beating up on his conference only.

In 2007 Fulmer won the east with 10 wins AND won his bowl game. The following year he had 5 wins and people flipped out and over reacted...should have never fired him in my opinion.

Edited by tennesseetiger

But that was with Payton, dang I miss him, they need to recruit him, if not as a coach then as a cheerleader..

You can have your own opinion, but not your own facts.  And you can't spell Peyton.  :)

- Tee Martin was the QB of the national championship team.

- Fulmer beat FL 3 more times after Peyton

- Fulmer beat Bama 6 more times after Peyton

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 3

..he wasn't great in Cincinnati so what made people think he would be great in the SEC? He could win that conference but he couldn't beat outsiders...which should have been the sign. I mean Dooley beat him when he was at his best in Cincinnati in 2011..........Butch won 10 games that year BUT once again, he couldn't beat any outsiders so he was basically beating up on his conference only.

In 2010 Jones and Cincinnati only won four games, Half of those wins were non conference.

In 2011 they went 10-3 with 5 wins against non conference opponents including wins over NC State and Vanderbilt.

IN 2012 Jones and the Bearcats went 10-3 with with 5 out of conference wins. Including a bowl win over an ACC team.

To say Jones could only beat weak conference teams is simply not true.

Jones is a decent enough coach.  UT fans have no patience.

• Like 1

In 2010 Jones and Cincinnati only won four games, Half of those wins were non conference.

In 2011 they went 10-3 with 5 wins against non conference opponents including wins over NC State and Vanderbilt.

IN 2012 Jones and the Bearcats went 10-3 with with 5 out of conference wins. Including a bowl win over an ACC team.

To say Jones could only beat weak conference teams is simply not true.

Jones is a decent enough coach.  UT fans have no patience.

I wouldn't say UT fans don't have patience...they haven't had a solid coach in almost 10 years lol I would also say UT made a bad coaching choice "Butch was like #3 or #4 on the list" and they are paying for it now because they got in a bind. He was not ever the first choice for UT.

Butch Jones played Vanderbilt in 2011 and it was Franklin's first year as a head coach at Vandy...guarantee you some serious money that Butch would have lost that same game in 2012 or 2013. Franklin took Cincinnati to the wire with a very young and brand new Vandy team. The best Cincinnati team that Butch Jones EVER put together barely beat a weak and young Vanderbilt...let that sink in lol 

Here's a list of teams that Butch Jones has managed to beat since he's been at UT...pretty impressive.....

CQhbfbEU8AIQwci.jpg

To put it in to perspective on why Tennessee fans are probably getting aggravated is the fact that Lane Kiffin walked in to Knoxville and won 7 games his first season...at this point, Butch Jones pretty much has the same record as Dooley did and he's got much better players. I could see why that would piss some people off lol

Full disclosure, not a Tennesse fan...just know a decent amount about the program.

Edited by tennesseetiger

Jones is a decent enough coach. UT fans have no patience.

This is true. I've been a fan since I can remember and I will always be one. Next year will be a better year (I know, I get tired of saying it too). My issue isn't with Butch as much as it is our offensive coordinator. With the play calls he's made, such as trying to throw 40+ yards down field on 4th and 13 on Saturday instead of a quick slant for 15 yards which is a much higher percentage pass for us, I wouldn't hate it if he was on the first thing smoking tomorrow. Losing sucks, but I'm ok with losing. Losing because of multiple blown play calls like the example I gave, I can't handle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can have your own opinion, but not your own facts.  And you can't spell Peyton.  :)

- Tee Martin was the QB of the national championship team.

- Fulmer beat FL 3 more times after Peyton

- Fulmer beat Bama 6 more times after Peyton

- OS

Well crap and I spent the night at a holiday inn express :P

I'm only defending my daughters college, she's a senior but my wife tells me she kan't  (can't) make her mine up, so she's going after her masters now, I guess, so I thought this would be my last season, how I got 2-4 more yrs :unsure: 

Am I the only person that is excited because Tennessee isn't behind all 4 quarters anymore?

I don't know what hurts more. I know where you're coming from, I really love to see the improvements from 2-3 years ago. But losing close games, sometimes on account of dumb coaching, hurts worse than outright losing to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Edited by KKing

I don't know what hurts more. I know where you're coming from, I really love to see the improvements from 2-3 years ago. But losing close games, sometimes on account of dumb coaching, hurts worse than outright losing to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't seen them loose any close games yet, though I have seen them blow some pretty big leads.  I'm just hoping next year we can figure out how to play for 4 quarters.  There is no good reason that we shouldn't be 5-0 now.  No matter how bad it gets Tennessee will always be my team, there is nothing lower than a former TN fan wearing a Bama shirt.  Former Tennessee fans that jump on the Bama bandwagon should be made to live in that horrid state.

Edited by 10-Ring
  • Like 1

I am trying to be patient, but I also don't want to hold criticism when its warranted.  I felt Deboard called a good game against Arkansas, but the players had some poor execution, especially throwing the ball down field, fumble in red zone, missed field goal.  I do put the Florida game 100 percent on the coaching staff.  It's their job to set the table for the players to do what they do, and I think they failed at that.  I can only hope that they are finding a way to fix these issues.  I try to remind myself, if Medley hits the 55 yarder, and we make a stop against OU, we wouldn't be having this conversation.  Probably be crowning Butch king of the world, at least Orange World.