Amazing new holster design

This is thinking out of the box and in return I believe they have created one of the best solutions out there for concealed carry, especially those who wear dress clothes every day. Easy access for you while making it virtually impossible for anyone else to get and without the need for retention devices that can slow down your draw. It also removes a lot of the issues with standard holsters and it also protects your firearm from the damaging effects of body fluids such as sweat or oil.

Here is a video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-hcS5hpMCM&feature=player_embedded
  • Like 6

Also looks like it can serve multiple purposes.

I'll be traveling to the UK next year, looks like a good discreet carry option for cash, passports, etc..

My only minor concern is that it looks to be pretty supple, like glove leather-- which leads me to concerns with how long it will last in terms of serviceability.

Thanks for posting--On my list now.

Edited by tartanphantom

You know...I've been thinking...that's not always a good thing. :ugh:

This definitely looks to be a great niche holster, certainly great for an NPE (Non-Permissive Environment). The draw is similar to drawing from a deep appendix bellyband carry I use in certain environments. The grip on the handgun is carried underneath the beltline. It too requires 2 hands to draw the handgun, and it too makes for a difficult re-holstering, at the very least a cautious and purposeful 2 hand re-holstering. That is the primary reason I usually choose to carry a Hip-grip J-frame in this manner.

This is not a compliant, merely an observation.

But this holster looks to have a more positive drawstroke than my occasional bellyband carry.

I'm putting this one on my "potential purchase" list. I can definitely see value in it.

:2cents:

The big issue I see is that the talk about not needing bigger pants. But how are you going to slip the gun up through if your pants are their normal size? Or what about a skinny guy like me who desperately needs his belt tight enough to keep his pants on? How are you supposed to draw the gun if your are sitting? (like in your car...)

I would try it before I totally dismiss it, but I believe there are some huge issues with drawing it if you needed to in certain situations.

Folks who conceal carry while working EP may benefit from this product if it's as good as shown in the video.  Also good for everyday people in business attire, again if it's really as good as shown.  At the least, it would be another option in the kit bag, and like others, I admire the ingenuity.

I'm skeptical about it being as comfortable as they claim with something the size of a Glock 19 or larger, though...but that might be because I'm a bigger than average guy and can't imagine a pistol being comfortable at the 1 o'clock position.

Cool idea.  I'd like to hear some first hand reviews. 

Draw from a car when sitting?

Easy, when you've already removed it from the belt holster and put it in the console holster, door pocket, etc.  Drawing from most any sort of on-body concealment while buckled into a car is a PITA. 

Edited by peejman

The big issue I see is that the talk about not needing bigger pants. But how are you going to slip the gun up through if your pants are their normal size? Or what about a skinny guy like me who desperately needs his belt tight enough to keep his pants on? How are you supposed to draw the gun if your are sitting? (like in your car...)

I would try it before I totally dismiss it, but I believe there are some huge issues with drawing it if you needed to in certain situations.

You bring up a valid point, when I conceal carry there are pants, and shirts, that just do not work well.  Even with looser fitting pants I have to let out a couple notches on my belt and wear longer loose fitting shirts.

I'm going to mirrow the expressed thoughts of others regarding the probable actual comfort and concealment level of this holster in anything other then AIWBH carry. It's suppleness pretty much indicates you'll have to really think about carrying a striker fired pistol w/o an external safety. Aside from those concerns I think its innovative and an excellent ideal. It' also given me an Ideal I'm going to be trying on a holster.

Hmmmmm......,

Might be something that one of my J-Frames might like.

This might be the solution to all those "Church-Ladies" who always want to give you a hug after the service.

Yea...., I've had a couple of those kind folks recoil away like they just touched the devil after getting a surprised "felt something" from my waist!   :rofl:

I'd like to hear some first-hand reviews. My primary concern is that I prefer to wear my belt reasonably tight and it would be difficult to extract the pouch from the waistband. I'd also be a bit concerned about the weapon popping out of the pouch if you pulled it up too forcefully. 

I'd also think that it would make a pretty big bulge on the thigh unless you're a big guy or wear really loose fitting pants. 

Having said all that, I can see times I would work for me, assuming the above criticisms could be overcome.

I think it would take some work to obtain a one hand access and that is a valid concern. Although slower than a traditional draw, I think it could be developed.

As jgradyc mentions...a forceful pull may make the gun airborne...doubtful...but possible.

I just purchased a K of ammo, so I'll have to wait a bit to order one. But I would really like to explore it's potential.