Which flashlight is the best?

I was looking for a small flashlight and was in a TSC store getting wild critter food and on a discount table they had some small lights like I was looking for. It's called a Jobsmart and operates on 3 AAA batteries. I have to admit this has got to be the best small light I have ever owned. Has adjustable beam with that goes from wide to pin point and I can see a rabbit easily at 250 to 300 feet away in neighbors yard on pinpoint. I went out the other night to check to see if I could see cables on poles that run through my back yard and it lit up the cables and transformers on the poles with no problems. Hope to be able to get a second one or two when I go back to TSC. 

"When Cree Research invented the new square LED light, they made all other flashlights obsolete." I have a collection of flash lights almost as big as my pocket knife collection. I like the old filament bulbs that give off a yellowish light rarer than the white light of today's flash lights. The new square LED by Cree is the best thing I have ever seen in flashlight technology. You will see more and more flashlights with a Cree LED.

I'm happy for them, it's capitalism. Right? :usa:

No argument. Charge whatever the market will bear.

Last night I learned that my defiant works quite well as a mower headlight. Tough to get finished mowing when it gets dark 45 mins after I get home. The kids thought it was great fun as well.
  • Like 1

The Fenix PD 20 is part of my EDC. One of my fishing buddies gave it to me about a year ago. I can see out to 100 yards with it fairly decent. It's a nice light, and I'm happy with it, especially, since it was free. If I ever had to replace the Fenix I would want a smaller light.

One thing I don't like about the the PD20 is having to manually twist the bulb end of the light, from low mode, into turbo mode. Then, haveing to click the button to activate the strobe light. I'd rather be able to "click" through low, turbo, and strobe.

I like my gear to have more than one purpose. The constant SOS mode could save my life one day.

Get the PD35. No bulb turning. Push button is right were your thumb sits. Using it in and around the house checking for "bumps" I normally don't come off the first setting of 10 lumen. Push and hold for strobe.

Get the PD35. No bulb turning. Push button is right were your thumb sits. Using it in and around the house checking for "bumps" I normally don't come off the first setting of 10 lumen. Push and hold for strobe.

Thanks! I'll check that one out.

Just a follow up to let everyone know that neither of these lights were worth buying.  The x2000 is junk and the Sipik clone, while a decent light, is a whiter white than my other Sipik clones.