Glock 19 2nd Gen

kesava

How much is too much to pay for one with no box, glock 19 gen 2? It come with 5 mags, 2 OEM, 2 KCI, 1 30 round KCI, with about 2k down the pipe It's in good condition and mainly stayed in this guys bedside drawer, but he's upgrading to a Sig P320. Glocks are crazy reliable but he's asking 375.00 and doesnt seem to want to budge on the price. Should I pay it?

• Like 1

Gen2 to me are what made Glock who they are.  As long as the gun is clean and free from monkey business (trigger, stippling, coating, etc.), then that is a good price, even w/o the mags.  You can figure $20 each on the OEM mag, $10 ea on the KCI and $20 on the KCI large cap, so you getting the gun @ $375 less the $40 on mags (gun should could with 1 mag), so $335 not a bad deal at all.  If you buy, and get sick, and you are traveling to E. Tenn, I would be obliged to help a feller out to recoup their investment ;)

• Like 3
Good price for a private sale, but if you have to pay for shipping or transfer, then it's just ok.

The KCI mags do not really add any value. They are good for inducing malfunctions in original form. The bodies are generally good, the internals stink.

If the gun is in the condition you say it is, you are in the ballpark.
Yes, buy it now.

Look for police trade ins. They're better priced. Your purchase here would definitely NOT be wasted money, though.

Police trade in Glocks in 9mm are pretty rare because 40/357/45 have been used primarily over the last two decades. Those that have continued to use 9mm often have them destroyed at the end of their life.

Yes, buy it now.
Police trade in Glocks in 9mm are pretty rare because 40/357/45 have been used primarily over the last two decades. Those that have continued to use 9mm often have them destroyed at the end of their life.

I have seen a few at Smokey Mountain Knife Works and GT distributors here near Chattanooga. Not a problem for me to find them. 40's are really common. I do see them a lot. The 9mm's last about twice as long [~[100,000] from what I have read. I don't see a consistent theme about 9mm's being destroyed. Interesting. Seems like a waste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I only make it into SMKW about once every six months so I can't comment on the availability there, but GT's hardly ever gets trade in 9mm Glocks. There was not a single one there at GT's 30 minutes ago; more in the 40 variety than you could imagine. I do see some 9mm on Aim Surplus occasionally, but the are closer to $400 than $300.

I received an eblast from AIM Surplus recently for Glock 19 LEO trade in w/ minor holster wear and 1 magazine  $359.95.  If you really think you want a Glock, buy it!

I went to their website and the image they were using was of Gen 2's

Edited by MP5Rizzo
  • 2 weeks later...

Received notification after 5pm yesterday (10/14/2015)  that Aim Surplus has Gen2 back in stock for $359 + ~$15 shipping.  I grabbed one.  Better hurry if you want one:

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?groupid=5330&name=Glock+19+9mm+Gen+2+Law+Enforcement+Trade+In

PS I have had the email notification from them for 3 years, this is about 5x I have received the notification, but the 1st time I placed an order with them already without being sold out. 

• Like 1

$400 after transfer fees is a bit steep for a Gen 2, imo. If you want something that isn't too common, then it's a decent deal.

The 19 was/is the most plentiful sold Gen2 out there.  So if the market is saturated with them, I agree the pricing should be lower.  However, I have been looking for a decent stock no gimmick untouched Gen2 Glock for a number of years (yes years), and I can find plenty in the $400 plus range, but $400 less range, is difficult.  I watch Armslist, I watch GB, I watch here on TGO, and of course I watch/listen in my community.  They are just not here.  So in my mind, and I guess that is all that matters in this purchase, I think this is good deal.   Just hope its not from the bottom of the barrel in selection, but honestly I don't care, its a Glock.

Maybe in Syracuse, NY they are plentiful and well South of $400. 

• Like 1

Update, the gun came into today to my FFL, it shipped on Friday (10/16).  Barrel has some smiles, but over-all 90% gun.  Very very pleased.  I will post some pics in a few.  :up:  :up: :up:  :up:  

Edited by Runco
  • Like 1

The 19 was/is the most plentiful sold Gen2 out there.  So if the market is saturated with them, I agree the pricing should be lower.  However, I have been looking for a decent stock no gimmick untouched Gen2 Glock for a number of years (yes years), and I can find plenty in the $400 plus range, but $400 less range, is difficult.  I watch Armslist, I watch GB, I watch here on TGO, and of course I watch/listen in my community.  They are just not here.  So in my mind, and I guess that is all that matters in this purchase, I think this is good deal.   Just hope its not from the bottom of the barrel in selection, but honestly I don't care, its a Glock.

Maybe in Syracuse, NY they are plentiful and well South of $400. 

Not that long ago, I bought an all-matching, unfired Gen 2 G19 for $400 on GB.  Still in the Tupperware.  They're out there, you just need to be ready to go when they show up.

Did an even trade with one of our behind-enemy-lines brothers for some brand new Gen 4 mags so that he could take the 2 preban mags that came with the gun.