wheelchair competition shooting,

I've not seen anything specific in Tn. Are you leaning handgun, 3gun, clays, bullseye, ect?

If handgun, you hopefully could check out an indoor match. It would be a haul, but you are always welcome to come up to Gallatin and shoot our indoor matches.

I'll call a couple folks out your way that I know for you once we know what type of competition you want, and see if we can't find something that will interest you without you having to drive half across the state!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get in contact with your local IDPA club. We have had folks in wheelchairs at several matches, though they had pretty ruggedized chairs, usually. Sometimes the terrain at IDPA can be challenging. But folks there will help out in any way they can, too.

Henry County Gun Club. The range is flat and should be able to accommodate you. Most wheel chair shooters mount their holster on the wheel chair and holster between targets. I have seen some very nice all terrain wheel chairs, some with tracks.

i dont know all the competition types, very new to me, but id say handgun would be most interesting to me. im in paris tn

IDPA: International Defensive Pistol Association. Basically use a concealed handgun to engage paper targets in a "real-world" scenario. Scored by time and accuracy. I've never done it, but I've watched. I may try it soon. http://www.idpa.com

3gun: You use rifle, pistol and shotgun to engage paper, steel and clay targets. Each stage is setup with multiple targets. It is scored by time and accuracy. This is what I have been into for about 2yrs. http://3gunnation.com

Long range rifle: precision shooting at steel targets at various yardages (1000yds +). I want to get into this very badly. I just need more time and money, lol.

Sporting clays

Cowboy shoots

Those are the one's that come to mind Edited by Wingshooter

i dont know all the competition types, very new to me, but id say handgun would be most interesting to me. im in paris tn

Competitions boil down to "speed", "accuracy", or "combat simulation".   With some mix of these ideas for actual scoring; almost all of them have some sort of timed component.   

For example,  bullseye (conventional pistol is the technical name) you are in one place shooting a pistol (one handed, 1911 and a target 22) at a long range target (50 yards, for the official setups, but scaled targets are used to reduce this at many ranges) trying to put all your rounds in the same hole for the highest score ... but there is a timed stage where you do that same thing shooting rather rapidly.    IDPA is more of a combat simulation, accuracy means hitting a gigantic man sized target at short range, its all about how fast you can do it while moving thru their course staying behind cover and so on.    There is also that .22 race-gun silhouette (not sure of the official name of this type) where you shoot knock down targets rapidly at a fairly short range (the targets are not huge, though).    Stuff of that nature.   Glock has a sort of accuracy glock pistol only competition of some sort -- it was kinda weird but I saw people doing that one, its also timed.