2) scope
3) trigger
4) tactical bolt knob
5) stock
6) a bigger mag
7) bipod
8) sling
whew is that all!!!

Agreed, but gonna learn to shoot it stock first. If I cant hit with it like this, everything else is a waste of money...[emoji12]

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

That's #4 there are 7 more

I was actually giving a 2nd vote for it along with the link in case he hadn't heard of it. I'll say, that is probably my favorite upgrade to a rifle I've done. I can't afford the Badger Ordnance version so KRG for me :up:

I was actually giving a 2nd vote for it along with the link in case he hadn't heard of it. I'll say, that is probably my favorite upgrade to a rifle I've done. I can't afford the Badger Ordnance version so KRG for me :up:

Mine started out as the OP's but mine is a 700P, it's put a lot of deer's down on the first shot, so I never upgraded to #6, if I did it again I'd put a AI stock on it instead of a Bell & Carson

2012-02-01_15-36-41_661_zps4fc9d5bc.jpg  

• Like 2

I am going to shoot as is for a few months and save up for a better stock. I was looking at an HS Precision. I will definitely look into getting the bolt knob you recommended. Looks like a decent alternative to cutting and threading the handle. Going to zero the scope this weekend and practice a little over the next few weeks. I am looking forward to rifle season, will be the first time I have hunted deer. Here is the rifle with the scope mounted

a0fe84780ab5acdfc56b14f6b780877a.jpg

• Like 3

I am going to shoot as is for a few months and save up for a better stock. I was looking at an HS Precision. I will definitely look into getting the bolt knob you recommended. Looks like a decent alternative to cutting and threading the handle. Going to zero the scope this weekend and practice a little over the next few weeks. I am looking forward to rifle season, will be the first time I have hunted deer. Here is the rifle with the scope mounted

a0fe84780ab5acdfc56b14f6b780877a.jpg

Isn't that a H&S stock you have already? or are you going to a tactical stock?

Honey I also need:

1) rings+base

2) scope

3) trigger

4) tactical bolt knob

5) stock

6) a bigger mag

7) bipod

8) sling

whew is that all!!!

Got one in 308. One hole groups at 150 yds with match ammo.

Don't need to replace the trigger. That one will adjust to 8 ozs, trust me.

Don't need the bolt knob. It's already there.

Don't need the stock either. It's bedded and free floated.

Hell!, it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Mine wouldn't adjust below 3.5 pounds.

The Hogue stock is definitely not free floated.  As soon as you put a bipod on it, it flexes and touches.

It really depends on your intended use.  Hunting at ranges <250yds?  Sure, leave it stock.  Shooting groups out to 600yds?  You will want to upgrade it. 

• Like 2
Johnny Rotten, on 11 Oct 2015 - 08:59 AM, said:

Honey I also need:

1) rings+base

2) scope

3) trigger

4) tactical bolt knob

5) stock

6) a bigger mag

7) bipod

8) sling

whew is that all!!!

a case of ammo. gotta practice, and gotta let buddies shoot that new iron.

• Like 1

By no means I'm an expert,my gun is 19yrs old, spent haft its life stock the rest as I posted above, stock form 2-300 yrd shots were the norm, tried long range 4-700yrds never was successful, the trigger and stock made a huge improvement, with practice I stopped a deer at 540yrds on the ground using a bipod. Oh and that's using match ammo. So for me it diffently made a difference.

Mine wouldn't adjust below 3.5 pounds.

The Hogue stock is definitely not free floated.  As soon as you put a bipod on it, it flexes and touches.

It really depends on your intended use.  Hunting at ranges <250yds?  Sure, leave it stock.  Shooting groups out to 600yds?  You will want to upgrade it. 

Humm, now I'm going to have to check it again. I did slide a dollar bill down the stock,but before I put the bipod on.