Walking Dead Season 6

Oh Shoot

Well, I must say say right off the bat that the black and white vs color scenes seem somewhat confusing.

"A mix between color and black-and-white scenes explain to viewers what happened in the Alexandria Safe-Zone following the deaths of Reg (Steve Coulter) and Pete (Corey Brill), as well as how the group of survivors got to face their latest threat … the biggest horde of walkers yet."

Maybe it is consistent with b/w = past and color=present, but hasn't been totally clear thus far at least to me. I guess because it's a "past" we didn't see, and we've lived the whole series pretty much in "real time" till now.

Even some of the ones already shown in b/w were in color in the preview for "First Time Again".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=30&v=s5dAxjZpnrY

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

B&W are flashbacks.  Color is current time.

Yeah, I get it .. now. But took me over 30 min. :) In fairness, was cooking a late dinner during. I always count on watching each one twice anyway!

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

I really wish they'd STOP overdubbing the sound of a hammer being cocked whenever someone handles a Glock.

Seems like the gun faux pas would have to be on purpose by now. Surely enough folks' have hooted that the producers/writers would know better, if they cared to be realistic about it.

Started with almost the first scene in whole series regarding the Glock safety -- and the "ejected revolver casing" from Andrea's demise was surely a classic too.

Lest we forget:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyRk24aIXdw

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

My very first thought with the horn was the wolves. They had to have seen what was going on and decided to change Ricks plan. Speaking of Ricks plan, I think it was stupid. The walker were in there, sitting ducks, calling more walkers in. Secure the road way leading down in a series of fortifications and barriers. New ones fall in and the old ones are contained. If the crowd in the quarry gets to be too large and a merry old time safely fore bombing them from the rim.   

To be fair to Rick (or the writers), the issue was that the one barricade was going to fall apart any minute, which it did while they were planning the dry run.  Also, as Resident Evil has shown us, the only thing worse than a zombie is a zombie on fire.

Interestingly, in World War Z (the book) and the Zombie Survival Guide, the moaning of the zombies attracts more zombies.

De Wolves were brought into the mix two seasons ago, have had little snippets of them, perhaps high time they figure in big time.

On the other hand, maybe it was Gabriel blowing his Horn. Heh heh. Bringing down the "divine retribution" or whatever. Seriously though, he's nuts and has only gotten nuttier over time, and now has been rebuffed by the head cheese.

- OS

I really wish they'd STOP overdubbing the sound of a hammer being cocked whenever someone handles a Glock.

even the 13 year old grandson picked up on that last night.  He said they do it all the time with the fake gun sounds

Btw, Morgan (Lennie James), if you haven't heard him talk as himself, is yet another Brit in the series.

So, Rick, The Gov,  Morgan and Maggie (sort of - has the Brit accent). Any others?

- OS

I like Morgan and think Lennie James is a fine actor, but his fake southern accent is among the worse I've ever heard.

Yeah reinforcing the barricades seems logical to us and still leave what if scenerios for future episodes.  The tractor trailers used to keep the walkers in the quarry appeared to me as to have unblocked space under the trailers.  Did anyone else notice this?    I'm not a walker expert and just started watching as of last season. 

What was up with the disapproving glances from Michone and Morgan when Rick put the dude out of his misery?.

Dunno is it was "disapproving" as much as "wow, serious stuff"? I mean, nobody would exactly grin at such, even our battle hardened TWD cadre.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

My very first thought with the horn was the wolves. They had to have seen what was going on and decided to change Ricks plan. Speaking of Ricks plan, I think it was stupid. The walker were in there, sitting ducks, calling more walkers in. Secure the road way leading down in a series of fortifications and barriers. New ones fall in and the old ones are contained. If the crowd in the quarry gets to be too large and a merry old time safely fore bombing them from the rim.   

That's what I was thinking. Keep enough in there to keep calling in more, but thin the herd from time to time to keep the risk down. They could come up with any number of ways of killing them other than fire bombing.

• Like 1

What was up with the disapproving glances from Michone and Morgan when Rick put the dude out of his misery?.

I think it was meant to show that in this case, it wasn't as simple as putting someone down who was a gonner. With the history between Rick and Carter, along with Rick's recent off-the-rails with which Michonne is familiar and the execution which Morgan witnessed, I think they're both concerned for Rick. It's that question in their mind of "is Rick killing Carter because it needs to be done, or because he wants to do it?". They both say to each other after that it needed to be done. That's true, but they both left unsaid what they were really thinking.

Edited by monkeylizard

Finally caught up on the episode, we arrived home late Sunday night to watch the episode.

At first, I thought the Wolves put the walkers in the quarry, however, it's been there since the beginning and Rick was right, that was the reason the community survived was the walker were lured elsewhere.  However, senior leadership at the community were basically unaware of the large number of walkers.  I recall at the beginning of the Alexandria episode, that the supply runs were going out 50 miles in a half-moon shape from Alexandria.

Having to do something with the walkers, I agree, but to try to lure them 20 miles and hope they don't come back????  I question the decision.  What about setting up barriers such as what Morgan had in King County, but in muliple layers?

Overall, walkers will need to be killed off and luring away or trapping is only temporary.

All appeared to go to plan and sirens at Alexandria......I assume the Wolves are involved in that.  

Yea, I thought that luring them away from a relatively good entrapment was stupid.  I would of just reinforced the road blocks and then used the pit as target practice for those inside the compound that needed training.  Even though the truck slid off the side, making noise on the opposite end of the quarry would of given them enough time to block it again, and better.  But I guess this gives them more of an opportunity to advance the story line, hope it gets better.