Walking Dead Season 6

Oh Shoot

Glenn's thing is getting out of tight spots.  Under the dumpster??  Who knows.

I theorize, they may have more than one 'next episode' and base it on fan reaction??  That would be something.  You can't really scoff....these guys are breaking all the rules for TV. 

• Like 2

One thing that is not consistent on the show is how much a Walker eats.  Whenever there are multiple Walkers eating a victim, then you would think that there would be little to no remains (other than a skeleton) left.  Yet we see half-eaten Walkers all the time, usually lying on the ground because they are immobile, mostly.

• Like 1

I don't know if it matter but on Talking Dead they showed all walker and non walker deaths, they named the characters whose names we knew.

They did not name Glenn.

I hope that means something, but the director's comments about Glenn just muddied the waters further. I hope the grimace on his face was over seeing them pull the other guy's guts out, but he was all kinds of surrounded. If he survives after what they showed us, I'd be surprised.

One thing that is not consistent on the show is how much a Walker eats.  Whenever there are multiple Walkers eating a victim, then you would think that there would be little to no remains (other than a skeleton) left.  Yet we see half-eaten Walkers all the time, usually lying on the ground because they are immobile, mostly.

I thought that same thing. What would draw all the zombies away from a meal so often that there's anything left but bones? My only guess is that once the virus is activated they lose the taste once the bitten die and quit eating.

If Glenn's dead, then why wasn't he listed in the Memoriam of the Talking Dead when they had everyone else but him?. They have never left anyone that died off of that and how would they do it now if he did die? Say they made a mistake and put it in next weeks show? Don't say flashbacks, because Lizzie, Mika, the Governor and others were in Tyreeses flashbacks, yet was named in the Memoriam of the Talking Dead when they died.  LOL....No, he ain't dead. In another note, did anyone notice the Daryl look alike walker in the pet shop scene? It was the screen shot out of the window when the walkers first turned towards the door. My wife ran the recorder back and stopped it. It had his hairdo down to a tee. We thought it was him for a minute, but then they moved to him riding back to meet Abraham and Sasha.   

Edited by Randall53
  • Like 1

The trouble with TWD and theory is that it's waaaaay to easy to overthink it. The writing really isn't that clever tbh. Honestly, despite the fact that I liked his character, I hope he's dead. In such a huge dog pile of zombies that bite everything, there's almost no chance that his leg or something wouldn't get bitten.

Maybe like Rick finding that magical M1 Abrams underbelly hatch (yes I know they used Chieftans not Abrams) he will suddenly fall into a manhole cover beneath him. :D

The whole point is for us to THINK he's dead or THINK he's not dead. It's a draw. We'll all be on the edge of our lazy-boys next week to find out

But next week they'll be getting back to Alexandria, figuring out what happened, realize that Glenn is missing, then go look for him. All they'll find is some trace evidence of where he was, but no signs of him alive or dead. They'll find dead Nicholas, but not Glenn. Then we have to tune in the NEXT week to see where that leads.

That's my prediction.

Is Glenn really dead??

From io9: http://io9.com/god-damn-you-to-hell-the-walking-dead-1738671259

I think it would be incredibly shitty for the show to troll us in this fashion, although when I watched the scene I did notice that Nicholas’ body seemed to fall on top of Glenn, meaning it was possible that the zombies were eating the body on top of him and not Glenn himself. In fact, because I didn’t really want Glenn to be dead, I reminded myself that if you cover yourself in gore the zombies don’t notice you, so technically Glenn could have gotten coated in Nicholas juice, and, if he stayed quiet and got very lucky, the zombies could have left after they finished eating Nick.

So is Glenn dead? I still gotta think yes, mainly because I think it would be terribly, cheap and shitty for TWD to have done this as a fake-out. I’m not saying it’s impossible, but I’ll be way more infuriated if Glenn pops back up and is fine, than by his death.

I’m guessing Glenn will come back as a zombie, possibly to give Maggie one horrific farewell scene and/or to make sure Herschel’s watch ends up in someone’s hands (which is why the show took a moment last night to remind us that the watch existed). I assume once someone puts Zombie-Glenn out of his undead misery Yuen will make the customary TTD rounds. A flashback would also be acceptable, but if I had to guess between the two scenarios I’d put all my money on Zombie-Glenn.

Interesting opinion but since Nicholas killed himself, why would the walkers feast on a dead body?  Also Glenn wasn't completely covered by Nicholas, his head was visible.

Then again, blood wasn't spewing out of Glenn's mouth (as would be expected when being devoured) and those entrails seemed kind of high up to be Glenn's ...

:confused: :dunno: :stare: :shrug:   Guess we'll find out in the weeks to come. 

Is Glenn really dead??

From io9: http://io9.com/god-damn-you-to-hell-the-walking-dead-1738671259

Interesting opinion but since Nicholas killed himself, why would the walkers feast on a dead body?  Also Glenn wasn't completely covered by Nicholas, his head was visible.

Then again, blood wasn't spewing out of Glenn's mouth (as would be expected when being devoured) and those entrails seemed kind of high up to be Glenn's ...

:confused: :dunno: :stare: :shrug:   Guess we'll find out in the weeks to come. 

I've already said it would be a really cheap shot to let Glenn get out of this one alive, so the author agrees with me. :)

Would harken back to the chintzy cliffhanger days of the many serials where the hero or damsel faces certain doom at the end of each episode but always prevails. The writers have thus far never resorted to this or any miracle deus ex machina type stuff to save a favorite, so I really don't expect them to start now.

But of course, I've been wrong 2 or 3 times in my life. ;) ;)

- OS

• Like 2

I've already said it would be a really cheap shot to let Glenn get out of this one alive, so the author agrees with me. :)

Would harken back to the chintzy cliffhanger days of the many serials where the hero or damsel faces certain doom at the end of each episode but always prevails. The writers have thus far never resorted to this or any miracle deus ex machina type stuff to save a favorite, so I really don't expect them to start now.

But of course, I've been wrong 2 or 3 times in my life. ;) ;)

- OS

As much as I didn't want to see Glenn dead, I would be much more satisfied if that were the case.  I don't like the idea of a revolving core group, yes some have to die, but some of the "new" people are going to have to grow up fast to fill Glenn's shoes.  

• Like 1

When I re-watched the episode, I noticed that it opened focused solely on Glen, even though they were all running, and if Glen is dead, then his last words to Rick mirrored the first time they talked via radio.  Nicholas and Glen wore very similar clothes so we can't use the visible portion of shirt as the body was torn open to know for sure to whom it belonged.

It didn't look like there was enough room under that dumpster to me, so if he survives, it would be more unbelievable than the living dead.  Now, if he got bit multiple times but got away, and he was going to die anyway, I might could suspend by belief a little.  Even if Nicholas's body was directly on top of him, there is no realistic way, short of a miracle, that he did not get bit +/- eaten.  In that last overhead scene, presumably Nicholas was directly on top of him because all the Walkers were centered on one narrow area.

Also, on my way back from the Gulf, I drove through the town where they filmed these scenes on the last episode.

• Like 1

It didn't look like there was enough room under that dumpster to me

I went back and looked. Actually that dumpster is unusually tall underneath. Couple that with the door that's right beside the dumpster that Glen tried to open just before they climbed up onto the dumpster being a possible source of help/escape, and the flare gun.....we will see Glenn again alive and kicking.

Edited by Randall53
  • Like 1

I went back and looked. Actually that dumpster is unusually tall. Couple that with the door that's right beside the dumpster that Glen tried to open just before they climbed up onto the dumpster being a possible source of help/escape, and the flare gun.....we will see Glenn again alive and kicking.

That would be such low theater I might well give up on it.

Of course, if he's really alive, they could kill him off for sure in the next episode, which could be a saving grace double gotcha.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

The whole point is for us to THINK he's dead or THINK he's not dead. It's a draw. We'll all be on the edge of our lazy-boys next week to find out

Who knows what they do about Glenn but I do not believe he died.  a previous post was spot on.

My wild ass speculation is he appears after finally assumed dead, final moment of the season, Glenn in the distance walking in sight of someone from the group. ( no doubt I will be wrong)