Walking Dead Season 6

Oh Shoot

Unless I missed something, what distracted the walkers away from the dumpster?  They showed the heard and a couple of them turned their heads and left the area.  The others followed.  Enid was up on the roof so I don't think it was her.

I think the can rolling down the alley was supposed to be what lured the walkers away. Not that I think that would actually be the case, given the circumstances and story about walkers in general.

Being of unsound mind...my off the wall idea about the Glenn story is this.

After listening to TTD last night, I suspect Glenn might survive and Maggie get killed off. Just an evil twist I'd like to see. Glenn is a much more popular character, and a better draw in the story as far as I'm concerned.

Just my thoughts on it.  

That would be a great twist, but a lousy long-term outcome. Lauren Cohen is a lotter hotter than Steven Yeun.  :D

True...but less interesting character. But if all these comments about the comic are true, I better get ready to say goodbye again to Glenn.

I don't get the thousands of Walkers piling up against the wall. I could see it at the prison with a fence where the walkers could see through, but on a tall wall like that, it seems like if everyone was just quiet for a day or two, the walkers would all lose interest and mosey off.

And I don't think Glenn is going anywhere soon. On The Talking Dead, during his interview, it was mentioned that he was finishing up the season. Since this week is the mid-season finale, I took that to mean the actual end of the season episodes. I suspect he'll live long enough to see his baby. Could make for some interesting story lines protecting his preggers wife.

True...but less interesting character. But if all these comments about the comic are true, I better get ready to say goodbye again to Glenn.

In the comics, Maggie becomes a whole lot more interesting after Glenn dies and she has to 'step up' even more.

Comics spoiler:

After Glenn is killed Maggie moves to the Hilltop community because she believes that is the safest thing to do for her baby.  Their leader is a wishy-washy, self-centered, spineless jerkwad.  When push comes to shove, he won't do what needs to be done and people end up following Maggie.  In fact, she ends up being the leader of Hilltop just like Rick became leader of Alexandria.  Basically, she single-handedly gets the folks of Hilltop to stand up with Rick and the other communities to fight against Negan.  In the comics, without her convincing the Hilltop folks to fight and leading them as they do so, the settlements have no chance against Negan and the Saviors.  As leader, while she is generally more 'gentle' than Rick she also shows that she can be even harder than Rick when the need arises.  So Maggie plays a pretty pivotal role in the comics as time goes on.  Also, her being pregnant is very important to the storyline, not just a cheap shot to make it even worse when Glenn dies (although it does that, too) because if it weren't for the baby she wouldn't have gone to Hilltop in the first place.

Of course, the whole thing with her having a baby is different in the comics because Judith isn't there in the comics.  In the comic storyline, Lori didn't die giving birth to Judith.  Instead, when the Governor and his people hit the prison Lori is running away and carrying Judith.  One of the Governor's people shoots Lori and the bullet passes through her and hits Judith, killing them both.  When they see that Lori was carrying a baby, the Governor's people realize that he was lying to them about what kind of people Rick's group was and they turn on him.  The Governor doesn't survive the assault on the prison in the comics (and, IMO, the TV show would have been better if he had died there rather than returning later, too.)  So, in the comics, there aren't two major characters with babies at Alexandria.

Edited by JAB

I don't get the thousands of Walkers piling up against the wall. I could see it at the prison with a fence where the walkers could see through, but on a tall wall like that, it seems like if everyone was just quiet for a day or two, the walkers would all lose interest and mosey off

I'm with you. They all wandered off from Glenn's dumpster after a day. They may not wander far from the wall, but they wouldn't be piling up against it. It would look more like the wandering morasses we saw in Atlanta before they get disturbed by anyone.

Either way, the church collapse makes it all moot anyway. They're coming in.

I still don't understand why certain security things have been neglected, like having defensible structures within the town walls. If things go bad, everyone goes to a set hardened location or three where there are staged weapons and supplies. That also spreads out the risk of losing things. Right now, one small fire would wipe out all of their food and weapons. Another would wipe out all of their medicine. It's not like they haven't had time. How many hours have they spent walking around the streets or hanging out on their porches?

If that was my town, I'd have the supply caches spread out and have a full surveillance system established on the perimeter. Surely they can find cameras on buildings. Plus loads and loads of barbed/razor wire around the perimeter. Maybe not on top of the walls. I think that does something to the psyche of the inhabitant. Too much like the prison. But certainly on the ground. I'd also have Aaron's super-secret tunnel mapped out, secured, booby trapped, covered six ways to sundown with cameras, and ready for a quick exit. Build that thing up with a ramp access from the surface inside the town, stage some ATVS and be ready to roll. Find some cement trucks and start pouring tank traps around the walls to keep something like the semi-truck from happening. Then come up with a way to secure the main gate. Perhaps the wheel spikes from a car rental place, or if you could get to a secured military/gov building, take the flip up gate/pop-up poles. Just some K-rails from a road construction crew laid out to force a zig-zag would keep someone from crashing the gate (but also slows you down in a hasty exit/return). Then set up boat loads of crazy-town-Morgan's walker traps. Oh yeah....clear out the trees surrounding the town for at least 200 yards.

All of the above requires a certain mindset the leader, Deanna, does not have. She and her group were living with blinders on. They acted like the eorld out side had mot died. None of them had a clue about how to harden their community against threats.

I know, but Rick and Co. have been in town long enough to be implementing some of those things. Certainly not most of them, but they could have gotten a good start.

I was thinkng that Rick's group has only been there for a short time. Rick got in the fight not too long after arriving, and he still had wounds visible in the flashbacks of the season opener. There has been an unspecified time of planning and buildng the walls along the walker route. Everything since the quarry collapse has been 24 hours.

True. And I have a hard time thinking that this group who has been out in the wild for the last year+ would just start to acclimate so quickly. I get that there hasn't been a lot of time passing, but they've had time to wander up and down the streets and chat on porches. I'd think this group wouldn't be wasting a second in fortifying the town. Once that's done, then it's time to get comfortable. Maybe just the presence of the walls made them a little too complacent in a hurry.

Edited by monkeylizard

I think Carl is about to lose that eye

Since Rick didn't lose a hand for which I assume is the practical reason of having to digitally remove it in every scene, I wonder how bad exactly Carl will get injured?  I'm thinking it won't look as dramatic as the comic.  He may just look like a lil' Governor when it is all done.

Since Rick didn't lose a hand for which I assume is the practical reason of having to digitally remove it in every scene, I wonder how bad exactly Carl will get injured?  I'm thinking it won't look as dramatic as the comic.  He may just look like a lil' Governor when it is all done.

What am I missing? Why do you guys think he might lose an eye?

I've been wondering about that myself. Lot's of stuff yet to go.

What am I missing? Why do you guys think he might lose an eye?

They are getting back on track of following the comic storyline, but they have history of taking elements and applying them to other characters (Dale loses the leg in the comics and then gets eaten by cannibals later; Tyrese was the one decapitated by the Governor).  So we can't actually say for sure, and its just speculation, but the way they seem to be setting up Carl's conflict with angst kid suggests that it may happen.  Since Carl may have plot armor that prevents his death, and his has already been shot in the body once, losing an eye seems logical.  The only question is when and how.

I figure it is a 50/50 chance the kid either tries to outright murder him or he is a lousy shot when trying to shoot a walker.

Edited by dawgdoc
You know, if blondie is into making stuff outta metal why don't she make make some plate armor for Michone? I'm telling ya, you get Michone in some plate mail, a back up sword and some kind of amphetamine and she would have the best chance at cleaning them out.
  • Like 1

You know, if blondie is into making stuff outta metal why don't she make make some plate armor for Michone? I'm telling ya, you get Michone in some plate mail, a back up sword and some kind of amphetamine and she would have the best chance at cleaning them out.

Spring loaded cocking head spikes would be handy. Course, all the zeds now seem to have paper mache thin skulls now.

- OS

I've had enough of Morgan defending the enemy too. All life is NOT precious. In fact, very little life is truly precious.
Hate to say it but I hope Morgan goes down for it.

...oops, looks like he took it. I hope she broke his neck. Edited by Caster

So we got and hour and a half of Morgan going all Karate Kid on us, but we just get an hour for the mid-season finale? And they all spend most of that hour holed up in garages? That was kind of a sucky regular episode, much less a mid-season finale.

Did nobody think to tell everyone in the group leaving the house to STFU when they were outside?