Walking Dead Season 6

Oh Shoot

Then it must have been on TTD. Someone definitely said about two months.

It was the actress that plays Machonne who said it on The Talking Dead. I believe she was asked point blank how much time had past and her answer was two months.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As soon as I found that truck, I'd have hauled a$$ back to Alexandria to secure my spoils. A bird in the hand and all, right?

Plus, I can't believe how anti-tactical Rick and Daryl were with Ninjesus/Jesse. He get close enough to kill them when he swiped the keys. How could you let a stranger anywhere near you in their world?

Then to make matters worse, they go running toward what sounds like superior fire with nothing but revolvers.

...not that anything else with Rick and Daryl made any sense for the whole damn episode...jeez! freaking idiots!

Good points.  I mean, I see why Daryl wanted to hit that vending machine to get a soft drink for the doc but if I have a huge load of supplies then I simply mentally mark where the vending machine was, take the huge load of supplies back to Alexandria and then, maybe, come back to hit the vending machine.  Sure, they owe the doctor a huge debt of gratitude but feeding and supplying her (and everyone else in Alexandria) for at least a few weeks from that truck would be more important than a romantic gesture from her to Tara.

Further, as you said, even if I stopped and got out if I suddenly heard what I assumed to be (as you put it) superior fire I would have to assume it just might be friends of those dudes that Daryl blew up and my first reaction would be to get my ascetabulum, the truck and all those supplies out of there.  I mean, they said they had been searching for weeks without finding anything and now, suddenly, they have found a truckload of supplies and at least one person - possibly multiple people (based on the sound of 'gunfire'.)  To me, that is, "Welp, time to go our butts to the house."

I understand why they would want a little more light-heartedness in this episode after all the heavy crap that has happened in the past, few episodes.  That said, in the friggin' zombie apocalypse light-heartedness, if it is to be had at all, comes in the form of just being able to relax a little and maybe enjoy each others' company (like in the CDC episode) not in a Benny Hill routine.  I have to admit that I did laugh when all that was going on but, upon further reflection, don't know that it was the best idea for the show, itself.

Oh, and given what the soft drink appeared (to me) to be I wouldn't even be surprised if Tara's talking in her sleep had nothing to do with the actual soft drink.  To me, the drink looked a whole lot like Orange Crush and I wouldn't be surprised if Rick and Daryl lost all of those supplies just because Tara is a fan of REM.

This is what I am referring to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mSmOcmk7uQ

Edited by JAB
  • Like 2

I agree with getting it back to the town ASAP. For all they knew, there was a case or 10 of "pop" in the back of that truck. Don't stop for a vending machine. Just get home. They don't know whose truck that is, and with Darryl's double-run in with Negan's guys, they know there are others out there and they're not the friendly type.

The hole in the story right now is why has Darryl run into Negan's goons twice, but Aaron never did in all of his runs? Maybe Negan is new to the area.

Edited by monkeylizard

And how much time has elapsed here from last episode to this one? Carl sure seems to have recovered fast.

And the picture of Rick, Michonne, Carl and the baby in the frame. Looks like we have a lot of tech still available.

Also...they sure have cleaned the bodies and streets really well. I saw no stains.

Last but not least. I saw this little hookup coming for a while. I don't read the comics or novels, so I had no inside knowledge on it.

All in all, a fair episode, but a bit lame with all the mistakes in action and judgment from Rick and Daryl.

1. Danai Gurira, who plays Michonne, said on 'The Walking Dead' that this week's episode took place about three months after last week's episode. (ETA -okay, if you guys are remembering her saying two months then maybe that was it - I recall her giving a definite time period and it was months.)

2. Well, we know that when Rick's group first came to Alexandria Deanna had a video camera set up to record the interviews with them. The impression that has been given all along (and I think has actually been said by more than one character) is that the Alexandrians have really never been 'out there' long term. They came to Alexandria more or less at the onset of the zombie outbreak. Also, remember that Alexandria was originally built to be a self-sufficient community where fairly high ranking government officials and their families could wait out an emergency, civil unrest or so on so it would stand to reason that equipment like printers, computers and other paraphernalia associated with running a government office 'in exile' would be pretty ubiquitous for those officials to use while sequestered at Alexandria.

3. As in comment 1, it has apparently been a few months since all the bodies were in the streets.

4. As I said in another post, I suspected it was coming because some fans have apparently been pushing for it on social media, etc. That doesn't mean a romance between Rick and Michonne makes any sense. I see them as best friends and almost like brother and sister not as a couple.

This isn't so much a 'spoiler' as an alternative storyline as it doesn't give any advanced information about the show but just in case - POSSIBLE COMIC BOOK SPOILER AHEAD:

At least to this point in the comics - which are well past where the show currently is - Rick and Michonne have NEVER had any kind of romantic element to their relationship. With no Daryl in the comics, Michonne kind of fills that role - she is Rick's best friend (he even states that at least once.) In the comics, Andrea was not the wishy-washy character she was in the show. She never had a relationship with the Governor (in fact, the Governor cut off Rick's hand the day they met - there was never much doubt that he was their enemy.) Dale didn't die on the farm and he and Andrea had a 'May-December' relationship until he did die (he actually died in the issues with the cannibals - it was Dale who got bitten, went off to die alone, got captured by The Hunters - there was no Terminus, just a roving group of cannibals - and got his leg cut off and eaten in the comics as happened with Bob in the show.) Eventually, in the comics, Rick ends up with Andrea. Michonne finds romance with another, pretty important character (who has not yet been introduced in the show.) The comics version of Andrea is their best sniper and is as tough and as valuable to the group as Michonne. Edited by JAB

I agree with getting it back to the town ASAP. For all they knew, there was a case or 10 of "pop" in the back of that truck. Don't stop for a vending machine. Just get home. They don't know whose truck that is, and with Darryl's double-run in with Negan's guys, they know there are others out there and they're not the friendly type.

The hole in the story right now is why has Darryl run into Negan's goons twice, but Aaron never did in all of his runs? Maybe Negan is new to the area.

and why have they not had a town meeting about a gang pledging alegiance to a man named Negan.  This would bring me to Governor 2.0 status in a hurry.  

• Like 1

I think either that was some desperation on the writers to wring out some excitement where there wasn't any, or they were having a dull day/writers block, or they were trying to show that the group's getting lazy after 2 months of easy living after the major events of the wall getting crashed in and the walker invasion. It sure showed Rick and Daryl being stupid, that's for sure. If Jesus is a scout for Negan, we could be in for some real intense episodes! 

About two months. I don't recall if they said something about that during the episode or if it was on TTD. Probably got a few rain showers during those months to help wash down the streets and such.

This got me thinking. I can't recall it ever raining on the show. Can anyone?

Best part of the episode... Gabriel shooting that savior. "Amen" :up:

Look how far he has come--at one time, he was queasy about watching cold-blooded cannibals die; now he is personally murdering someone he has just been told needs killin'.

After Rick played punching bag with the Zead head to mess up the nose. Best line of all to date was by the Hilltop guy talking to Rick. " The Saviors are scary but these pricks have nothing on you". Edited by MP5_Rizzo
  • Like 3

Andrew Lincoln was quoted as saying he couldn't sleep the night he read the season finale script.

I bet we lose Carol AND Glenn.

Dang. I better leave here and go watch the episode. Sounds like big things happened tonight.