Walking Dead Season 6

Oh Shoot

Letting them know that Maggie was pregnant was part of her plan.  You can clearly see the mood change once they found out Maggie was pregnant.   Remember, in their eyes, the Saviors are the good guys, and not many good guys would hold the sins of the mother against the unborn child.   At the very least, Carol figured they would be less likely to shoot Maggie first if they needed to send Rick a message, so you could see it as a potential self-sacrifice.  

The caring about the baby's welfare was both genuine AND part of her long con, I believe.

• Like 2

Started off kind of slow but glad it picked up at the end.  Negan is the ultimate villain? Ha!  Not after seeing how Rick's gang have been handling things... rocket launcher, setting people on fire, and Gabriel finding his inner "Clint Eastwood."   Three episodes left til we find out how Negan gets his revenge. 

Letting them know that Maggie was pregnant was part of her plan.  You can clearly see the mood change once they found out Maggie was pregnant.   Remember, in their eyes, the Saviors are the good guys, and not many good guys would hold the sins of the mother against the unborn child.   At the very least, Carol figured they would be less likely to shoot Maggie first if they needed to send Rick a message, so you could see it as a potential self-sacrifice.  

The caring about the baby's welfare was both genuine AND part of her long con, I believe.

Also, don't forget that she was dealing with a group consisting mostly of women.  She was playing the odds that women would, in general, be at least somewhat prone to be 'protective' of a pregnant woman or at least sympathetic to her - especially if any of them had or had ever had children.  And it worked, too - 'Chelle (the dark haired one who ended up 'interrogating' Maggie) became a bit of an ally there for a while.  Remember, she got Molls to put out the cigarette and not smoke near Maggie and then she didn't lay a hand on Maggie when she was interrogating her as to where her home was, etc.  It was also probably a ploy by Carol to make them - at least subconsciously - think of Maggie as weak or less of a threat because of her 'condition', just like Carol, herself, plaid the 'nervous birdie' to get them to underestimate her.

As for the Savior's thinking they are the good guys, I am not so sure about that.  They have to know that they have been extorting supplies from non-combative people and that their side has outright murdered members of those groups just to force them to give up supplies.  Those ladies were at the outpost so they have to know that their people kidnapped a non-threatening guy from Hilltop, beat him and were threatening to kill him unless the Hilltop folks brought them Gregory's head just because they suspected that Gregory shorted them a little on the supplies that they (the Saviors) were stealing from Hilltop.  "Send us regular shipments consisting of half of everything you have, even if it leaves you without enough to survive, or we will kill you all," is the 'deal' the Saviors make with any group they come across.  That is not the kind of deal that 'good guys' make.  They weren't a bit surprised to hear that the group on the bikes had been planning to kill Daryl, Abraham and Sascha and then take all of their stuff the very first time any of them had officially met.  Those ladies were too smart not to realize that 'good guys' don't do things like that and there is no way they are part of the Saviors and don't know how they operate.  No, I think what they meant when they told Carol "You are not the good guys," was that there are no good guys, anymore.  I think they believe that the idea of 'good guys' is now nonsense and a thing of the past - if such a thing were ever real in the first place - and that now there are only those who survive and those who don't - and that, as (at least in their minds) you don't survive by being 'good guys'.  At the very least I think they tell themselves that in order to justify to themselves the kinds of things that the Saviors do.  So, in their minds, anyone who has survived this long - including Maggie, Carol and Rick's entire group - has to have done some things that would keep them from being 'good guys'.  Besides, if they accept that maybe Rick's group are 'the good guys' then they have to accept that good guys do still exist - in which case that makes them - the Saviors - very definitely 'bad guys'.

I am actually not all that impressed with the decision to make Carol act so torn up about what she had to do in this episode.  I know she has been upset about the little kid getting killed by the Walkers and other, recent events but remember this is the same Carol who raided Terminus, shot the leader of Terminus and then purposefully left her to be eaten alive by the Walkers.  This is the same Carol who, when she thought the Alexandrians were going to kick Rick out said, "We still have our knives.  That's all we need against these people."  Sure, she might have to do some things that she regrets but I just don't seen her getting all weepy and such over taking out some people who were planning to kill her and all of her friends.  I don't know - maybe Morgan and his load of B.S. has gotten to her more than we realized.

Edited by JAB

Just watched the episode this morning, and it had it's good points, and a few not so good.

I see the changes in Carol and Maggie. Carol is getting confused and starting to "feel" the deeds they have performed to get where the group is now. That is weighing on her; and possibly weakening the character. Carol seemed very hesitant to shoot Red.

And with Maggie taking the lead at the last stand on the killing floor. And before that, a general attitude change. She seems to be getting colder in her dealings with people and her group. Actually see her in more a leadership role coming. Whether as a replacement for Rick and Michonne, or a splinter group within Hilltop or the original camp(if enough left after the swarming).

I actually think I'm going to watch this episode again. It has several strong clues to the Negan Group. When Red was communicating, all the code and military style references make me think that Negan is going to be a Big game changer for Rick and company.

I'm basing this on what I've seen on the show, and my thoughts on it.

I've never read any of the comics, nor the novels that have been published, so it's all guesswork.

• Like 1

I really liked this episode. Everything Carol did while a captive was just an act. She is a master of psychological warfare.

Her crisis at the end of the show was a realization that she is just like Red, and at any moment could become heartless and unfeeling just like her. I think the fact that she knew her kill number was 18 was something for her to hold on to that lives still matter. whereas Red had just stopped counting.

This business of everyone being Negan is interesting to me. Carol knew the secret, but Rick was hasty to off the guy at the end who said he was Negan. He would have been better off keeping him alive a bit longer. I think he was about to spill it.

I really liked this episode. Everything Carol did while a captive was just an act. She is a master of psychological warfare.

Her crisis at the end of the show was a realization that she is just like Red, and at any moment could become heartless and unfeeling just like her. I think the fact that she knew her kill number was 18 was something for her to hold on to that lives still matter. whereas Red had just stopped counting.

This business of everyone being Negan is interesting to me. Carol knew the secret, but Rick was hasty to off the guy at the end who said he was Negan. He would have been better off keeping him alive a bit longer. I think he was about to spill it.

I thought so at first, but they portrayed her as going a bit soft as soon as she heard Maggie was pregnant.  Then after they killed all those Negan groupies she continued to act squirrely, I hope they are not setting her up for PTSD.

#carolcrush

Me Too. I find her to be one of my favorite characters. And she has been since  standing up to her late husband.

Watching the metamorphosis from whiny beaten housewife to the strong protector that she has become has been great.

I'd welcome his loss at this point

Heck, if I were an Alexandrian and I found out he had been keeping a Wolf among us, endangering the lives of others so he could play therapist then give me an extra can of Spam from the supply room and I'd take him out, myself. :death:

And I'd do it in such a way that he'd never even have a chance to use that stupid stick. :stick:

Edited by JAB
  • Like 2

I'm glad they killed off Paula in a hurry. Her accent was grating on my ears.

I was too busy enjoying her with my eyes to notice her accent with my ears.  Even with dingy clothes and so on to try and make her look like a scuzzy, scavenging marauder living in the zombie apocalypse Alicia Witt was almost too pretty and too 'bright eyed' for the role.

Edited by JAB
  • Like 1

I was too busy enjoying her with my eyes to notice her accent with my ears.  Even with dingy clothes and so on to try and make her look like a scuzzy, scavenging marauder living in the zombie apocalypse Alicia Witt was almost too pretty and too 'bright eyed' for the role.

There has always been something about some red heads that caught my eye too.

Alicia-Witt-11.JPG

• Like 4

I'm thinking Carol is slipping into a dangerous place mentally, even though she was active in killing several more people. She would never have hesitated to shoot the red head before, but was having a problem in this episode. At the end of the last scene, she was squeezing the cross she had sharpened to escape and blood dripped out of her hand. This was a response to Rick shooting the bad guy in the head. She would never have done that before. Something is changing in her mind and its not a good thing. I see Maggie becoming a ferocious wolf den mother when in danger because of her baby. 

• Like 4

A full cartridge is the coin of the land.

I am going to carve that into my reloading bench.

I have long said that is what it would resort to in a ZPAW. That was one of the things I liked about Revolution, only the really powerful had cartridge fed firearms.

• Like 1

I have long said that is what it would resort to in a ZPAW. That was one of the things I liked about Revolution, only the really powerful had cartridge fed firearms.

And all-powerful nanobugs and superpowers - Revolution is one of the few shows I've watched that rivals Under the Dome for how bad it was, and that's saying something ...