Walking Dead Season 6

Oh Shoot

Honestly I think Abraham is the one who bought it. *shrug*

I could see that. Especially with his optimistic outlook and wanting to have kids and all. That's always a good sign someone's not going to make it.
  • Like 1

My first inclination is to think Glenn as he's been living on borrowed time since the dumpster incident.  Abraham, on the other hand didn't show nearly the fear that the rest of the bunch did.  That could have worked for him or against him during the selection. 

• Like 1

I have also thought that maybe it's not even written who dies yet. Could the cliffhanger have bought some time for them? Unlikely though possible.

Yes.  I think it was Kirkman who said that no cast member knows who got the bat.

Reading thru blogs and opinions, not too many are happy with the finale or the episodes leading up to it.  There was one I read that brought up some things to ponder.... at the beginning, the saviors were beating a guy from "The Library" but he said everyone there was dead.  Have the comics mentioned anything about it? :shrug:  Also the 2 guys in body armor that appear willing to help Carol.  Never said where they're from.  Obviously not the hilltop.

IMHO, the bashing of this episode will cease next weekend when Fear The Walking Dead returns and the haters focus on that. :popcorn:

• Like 2
The two guys with the horses probably come from the Kingdom, one of the other settlements Jesus mentioned. He didn't mention it by name, but that is the name in the comics. Edited by dawgdoc
  • Like 3

For my money, I think it was Abraham that Negan whacked. Earlier in the episode he was talking to Sasha about maybe having kids. In this show, making plans for the future is a sure sign something bad is going to happen to ya.  :stick:

OTOH, could be that the producers are waiting for contract negotiations for next season. Whoever puts up the biggest fuss or wants the most money will likely be the victim. 

• Like 5
On the TD, Kirkman said there were clues for the slueths to try and figure it out. I don't know about that, but I don't think it's Glen. From the time Negan picked out the. victim and swung the bat ther was a couple of seconds and Maggie would have been screaming, even though she's sick. I'm still thinking its Daryl. His popularity has soared and I think he wants out pursue other possibilities.

I'm hoping the writers pull a Shyamalan and next season opens with EVERYONE getting their head bashed in.  Despite his comments to the contrary, Negan could always 'Change his mind'.  

LOL!!!

It wouldn't be suprising if he killed one of his own people because "they failed to contain rick's people" or something.

I'd like to vote for Rick. He's getting to be an obnoxious character. Just too one dimensional. With him gone, we could get stories going with other characters.

Abraham for instance. More about Morgan and Maggie possibly setting off on their own.

Edited by hipower
  • Like 2

I'd like to vote for Rick. He's getting to be an obnoxious character. Just too one dimensional. With him gone, we could get stories going with other characters.

Abraham for instance. More about Morgan and Maggie possibly setting off on their own.

I think we can be 100% sure it wasn't Rick or Carl as, just before he started swinging Lucille, Negan said something like, "If anyone moves cut out the kid's other eye and feed it to his father."  That means it wasn't either of them who were getting the bat.

I think Rick has to live, anyhow, because this will be another, major shift in his character.  As the T.V. show version of events has played out, Rick has to take a good bit of the blame for how things have turned out.  Not necessarily because he chose to hit the Saviors first - that might not have been a bad idea if done right - but because he got cocky and assumed that his group of asskickers were the ultimate group of asskickers left alive on the planet.  He didn't take time to have his group find out more about the Saviors or anything else before rushing in headlong to make them aware of his group and the rest of Alexandria.  In the end, hopefully these events will 'bring him down a peg' and make him realize that an effective leader knows when to lie low and when to attack.

As far as his character having become 'obnoxious' lately, I think that is intended to show that people like The Governor (or, perhaps, even Negan) don't necessarily start out as megalomaniacs and heartless killers.  Even someone as basically 'good' as Rick was/is can become a Governor type leader given the right circumstances.  I think it also shows that the 'hope' offered by Alexandria has gone to his head a bit too much.  When they first came there many in the group worried that being in Alexandria would make them 'weak'.  I would argue that it has, although not necessarily in the way they feared.  I think it has made them 'weak' in that it makes them feel safe and because of that they have forgotten to be cautious.

As for Morgan, I was hoping that if the show didn't follow the comics then it would be him who would have his head bashed in.  He is the character I am sick of - although shooting that Savior multiple times in the season finale might be the beginning of his road to redemption.  Speaking of which, did anyone else think that the Savior he shot - the one who was going to kill Carol - thereby basically ending his period of refusing to kill looked a bit like Eastman - the guy who taught Morgan to swing a stick and started him on his period of refusing to kill to begin with?

Edited by JAB
I just watched it, and I also just caught up on the thread. I never read ahead because I don't want to spoil it, but in this case I would have known to just skip to the end. Finale sucked.

I think maggie or glenn would have screamed if it was one of them. We know it's not Rick or Carl. That leaves Abraham, Sasha, Michone, Eugene, Dayrl or Aaron (who did I miss?). I think Rick might have cried out if it was Michone, but maybe he couldn't SEE himself eating Carl's eye so he kept quiet :shrug:

I think it's Eugene or Aaron. The group in the RV all said their goodbys to Eugene before they left on foot, and Rick shot him a look like he thought Eugene talked and betrayed them. Eugene has also been striving to prove that he is tougher than everyone thought, and whoever took the bat was "taking it like a champ." Plus Rick has the plans to carry out Eugene's contribution in reloading.

Aaron is not as prominent in the group, so I think he's an easy choice without loosing the core group.

I'll be waiting next season for Morgan and busted up Carol to swoop in and save the day again. Maybe with the help of the horsemen. Edited by Wingshooter

Fun fact for walking dead/gamer types:

Steven Ogg (guy who did the talking at the first roadblock and beyond) is the same guy who did the voice of Trevor in Grand Theft Auto V.

That is him! I swear he looked familiar because I Googled what the real people looked like a while ago.

That is him! I swear he looked familiar because I Googled what the real people looked like a while ago.

When he first started talking I thought "man, he would make a GREAT Trevor" and sure enough... hah.

*edit* can't spell

Edited by NoBanStan
  • Like 1

I just watched it, and I also just caught up on the thread. I never read ahead because I don't want to spoil it, but in this case I would have known to just skip to the end. Finale sucked.

I think maggie or glenn would have screamed if it was one of them. We know it's not Rick or Carl. That leaves Abraham, Sasha, Michone, Eugene, Dayrl or Aaron (who did I miss?). I think Rick might have cried out if it was Michone, but maybe he couldn't SEE himself eating Carl's eye so he kept quiet :shrug:

I think it's Eugene or Aaron. The group in the RV all said their goodbys to Eugene before they left on foot, and Rick shot him a look like he thought Eugene talked and betrayed them. Eugene has also been striving to prove that he is tougher than everyone thought, and whoever took the bat was "taking it like a champ." Plus Rick has the plans to carry out Eugene's contribution in reloading.

Aaron is not as prominent in the group, so I think he's an easy choice without loosing the core group.

I'll be waiting next season for Morgan and busted up Carol to swoop in and save the day again. Maybe with the help of the horsemen.

More than one person in the thread has said that they don't think it was Glenn who got the bat because Maggie would have screamed.  The same probably would have been true of Sasha if Abraham were the one killed - after all, they were just talking about having babies a few hours earlier.  I swear, though, that I thought I DID hear a woman cry out right after the first hit with Lucille.  If it was Glenn then - given the physical condition Maggie was in - Maggie may well have let out a short cry and passed out.  Further, remember that we saw the whole thing from the point of view of the person who was getting their head bashed in.  Having one's grey matter turned into pate by a barbed-wire wrapped Louisville Slugger would probably play havoc with one's perceptions.  In other words, Maggie (or anyone else) might have been screaming her guts out and the person being beaten to death might not have even noticed.

I like Glenn's character.  I really do.  That said, of the options available at the time I actually hope it was Glenn who was killed because...well, I'll just say that I think that would be the death that would move the story forward in the best/most interesting manner.  Killing Abraham would not have the same gut-punch effect on the viewer (or probably even the majority of the group) that killing Glenn (or Darryl) would have - and I still think Darryl is one of the two best/most interesting characters on the show (Carl being the other - yeah, I meant 'Carl', not 'Carol', although I know a lot of folks will disagree.)  Aaron would be the obvious choice for killing a 'main' cast member without really killing a 'main' cast member but, again, would anyone really care all that much?  I guess it would be 'symbolic' in a way as he is the only long-term Alexandrian who is with the members of the group who are being threatened and as he was previously the guy who went out looking for other survivors and brought them back to Alexandria, including Rick's group but there wouldn't be much of a visceral/emotional reaction (on the part of the audience) to him buying it.  No spoiler here but I will say that the show has been sticking closer to the comic storyline, lately (not completely but more so) and if that trend continues Eugene has too much to contribute and his character has too much 'growing' left to do to cut his story line short.

I think that one of the clues as to who got the bat was the 'first person' view and the fact that we kept seeing from the first person view of one of the folks who were being held inside the train car - meaning I think it was one of that group who died.  That would mean it was Daryl, Glenn, Michonne, Sasha or Rosita.  I don't think Darryl got the bat because he had already been shot and was looking pretty bad.  Why 'make an example' of someone who looks like he just might not survive his wounds/infection, etc. anyhow?  I could be wrong, though. 

Michonne could be 'the one', I guess.  The scene is reminiscent of when The Governor had her and Herschel on their knees outside the prison.  The Governor killed Herschel (with Michonne's sword) but she managed to get away.  It would kind of be a 'full circle' kind of thing if she were killed while in the same position - on her knees - by another psycho leader of an enemy group.  Of course, that might not be such a good choice for the storyline because it might be the straw that breaks Rick's sanity for good, even worse than when Lori died.

Rosita could be 'the one' but I don't think so.  As with Aaron, would her death really have that great an impact on the audience (well, it would for those of us who think she is mega-hot in that tied-up shirt and pigtails looking like a post-apocalyptic stripper whose gimmick is the militaristic version of a naughty schoolgirl but...)

Sasha could be 'it' and I do think there are some, possible clues that lean toward her.  For one, when Tyreese (her brother) was bitten and died they kept showing things from his 'first person' point of view.  It would make sense, then, to reflect that if Sasha - his sister - were killed.  Further, we had Abraham at the end of the previous episode talking about how it was scary letting anyone that close considering the world in which they lived.  That could have been a bit of fore-shadowing.  Of course, unless Abraham completely blacked out, I can't imagine him kneeling there and letting Sasha get her head bashed in without doing something regardless of the threats made by Negan.

So, that brings us back to Glenn.  His death would have a huge impact on the group as well as the audience.  Here is a guy whose main skill set at the first of the series was escaping - getting in and out of infested areas without getting bitten, etc.  He has dodged 'certain' death at least twice this season, alone.  He never killed a living human being until this season - and didn't he and Heath have a discussion about that very thing and something about there being a price to pay for doing so before they went to raid the Savior outpost?  Then the recurring theme leading up to the head bashing - and even Negan, himself said it - was all about paying a price for one's actions.  His death would be not only the ultimate example of paying that 'price' but would have a huge impact on Rick and Daryl as well as Maggie.  After all, Rick made the decision to raid the Saviors and start planned killing of them in the first place - which is what put Glenn on his knees in front of Negan.  Glenn also saved Rick's life when Rick first came to Atlanta.  Not only saved his life but was instrumental with re-uniting him with his family and really starting his entire post-apocalyptic journey.  That is pretty huge, then, if Glenn buys it and it is largely Rick's fault.  Further, despite their early clashes because of Darryl's rascism-by-osmosis because of Merle, pretty early on Darryl was willing to risk his life to chase the folks who kidnapped Glenn and get Glenn back.  Now, Glenn is in this predicament largely because Darryl went running off on his own and Glenn (along with Michonne, Sasha and Rosita) came out to try and talk some sense into him.  Darryl also drew (unplanned) first blood from the Saviors with that rocket launcher.  Further, if Negan knows that it was Maggie and Carol who killed his people at the meat packing plant (and why wouldn't he as the whole thing was discussed by the Saviors - his people - on their walkie-talkies?) he might see killing Glenn as a way to punish Maggie since he knows (due to Glenn's outburst when he threatened to kill Maggie) that the two of them are together.  Along with all of those 'negative' impacts, there would also be a chance to throw in a 'hope for the future' theme in that part of Glenn would live on in the baby he and Maggie have conceived (if Maggie and the baby survive.)

As far as Carol and Morgan swooping in and saving the day, I don't think that will happen.  I don't think the day is going to be saved.  I think Negan is going to do exactly what he said - kill one of them and force the rest of them to work for him.  I think he is going to be the 'big bad' for a long time to come, probably for the next, two seasons or so if not longer (assuming the show lasts that long.)

Edited by JAB
  • Like 2
I went back and watched the ending again. The line up from Negan's left to right perspective was: glenn rosita daryl michone abraham maggie rick sasha aaron carl eugene. To me, he appears to move to the right from rick. That would indicate sasha, aaron, carl or eugene if he actually moved that direction. It seems carl is out becasue of the refernce to cutting his other eye out and feeding it to rick. I guess they could still do that even if carl got the bat, but doesn't seem likely.

I also keep thinking about the blockades on the road. There was a lot of reference that rick should be extra nice to the people in the RV because you don't know if it's their last day on earth. If that holds true as foreshadowing, Glenn and Daryl wern't in the RV.

Aaron would be an easy way out all while still leaving the audience "suffering" with suspense till next season. Aaron could be a win-win for the ratings and writers.