Walking Dead Season 6

Oh Shoot

Not really a comic book spoiler:

Speaking about the comic (iirc, it was before there even was a TWD television show) Kirkman indicated that this is a story about a zombie 'apocalypse'.  In the beginning, he said that no character is truly 'safe' (at least in the comic) and that he wasn't sure which characters might die before it was over with.  He even specifically said even though the story is largely told from Rick's point of view or with Rick as the central character (especially in the earlier issues) that he wasn't sure that even Rick wouldn't die at some point, perhaps with the story shifting to a different 'focal character.'  Personally, I have always had a feeling that the comic will ultimately turn out to be Carl's story, not Rick's, and that Rick will either die or just sort of fade to the background at some point along the way.  I don't think it is Rick's time to die on the show yet, however.

POSSIBLE SPOILER:

In the comics, Negan appears in issue 100.  By that point, Rick has already lost a hand (the Governor cut off Rick's hand the very first time they met before there were even any hostilities between the two groups.)  Rick has also been shot twice by the time Negan shows up.  In the course of the war with the Saviors, Rick gets shot at least one more time (with a crossbow - you can guess by who.)  He also gets his leg broken and it heals so badly that he needs a cane to walk and will pretty much be walking with a cane for the rest of his life.  Running from walkers?  Yeah, not so much.  In fact, there is even a point where he comes out and says that when it comes to actively attacking and fighting groups of walkers he (Rick) is a liability.  In the comics he is having to accept that his role is now much more that of a 'political' leader and no longer that of one of the main fighters of the group.

Pretty sure that he has also said that in the TV show, it IS Rick's story and there is no show without Rick. 

I believe it was at that point that Carol shot the big propane tank and caused the explosion.

Yup, I'm sure that's right.

I said it at the time, and it still remains so, that out of all the death that's been protrayed on TWD, the depiction of that bat cracking against those skulls has been just absolutely the most chilling of all.

- OS

• Like 2

If y'all wanna go with foreshadowing, don't forget that Glenn picked up the bat in the town where Sasha's brother died.  

glenn-uptobat-image-20.jpg

And wasn't he at the end of the line with his head over a bathtub when the Terminus people were preparing dinner?

• Administrator

The only way Daryl will die is if Norman Reedus decides he wants to quit the show. Even then, killing Daryl will basically be killing the show. 

When Dwight shot Daryl the week before, the hardcore fans on the internet nearly freaked out.  :panic: So I seriously doubt it will be him.

I understand the logic, but you're talking about a country of people who elected Obama twice.  As a society, we are gluttons for punishment and tend to lick the boot of those who would step on our necks with it.  While that may sound harsh and like a bit of a stretch, I posit that the viewing public who threatens "If Daryl dies, We Riot!" are as full of hot air as the folks who keep voting corrupt politicians into office and then ask why we keep getting screwed over by said same politicians.

Just my extremely pessimistic opinion on that.   :)

• Like 4

I understand the logic, but you're talking about a country of people who elected Obama twice.  As a society, we are gluttons for punishment and tend to lick the boot of those who would step on our necks with it.  While that may sound harsh and like a bit of a stretch, I posit that the viewing public who threatens "If Daryl dies, We Riot!" are as full of hot air as the folks who keep voting corrupt politicians into office and then ask why we keep getting screwed over by said same politicians.

You Sir, win this thread, if not the internet for the day. Bravo Zulu!

I posit that the viewing public who threatens "If Daryl dies, We Riot!" are as full of hot air as the folks who keep voting corrupt politicians into office and then ask why we keep getting screwed over by said same politicians.

Yes indeed David and in their next breath are screaming for term limitations, since they don't have enough sense to enforce term limits at the voting booth.

Not really a comic book spoiler:

Personally, I have always had a feeling that the comic will ultimately turn out to be Carl's story, not Rick's, and that Rick will either die or just sort of fade to the background at some point along the way.  I don't think it is Rick's time to die on the show yet, however.

I've thought that, too.  

If Morgan has the skills and equipment to weld up a jail cell, then he has the skills and equipment to take a stab at Mad Maxing those cars and the RV.

The Walking Dead if it was filmed in Georgia, the country not the state.

040815mmax.png

Edited by monkeylizard
  • Like 1

Good point but you are forgetting one thing - the way the minds of many members of the general public work in modern times.  I mean, sure they might not get too worked up about who is making all the legal and political decisions for the country but that stuff is too complex for an ordinary person to understand.  That is why we have professional politicians tho handle those things.  This, on the other hand, is a beloved character on a popular television show.  This is important!

(I hope the note of sarcasm came through.)

Edited by JAB
  • Like 2
  • Administrator

Good point but you are forgetting one thing - the way the minds of many members of the general public work in modern times.  I mean, sure they might not get too worked up about who is making all the legal and political decisions for the country but that stuff is too complex for an ordinary person to understand.  That is why we have professional politicians tho handle those things.  This, on the other hand, is a beloved character on a popular television show.  This is important!

(I hope the note of sarcasm came through.)

Sadly you may be right.  Who knew that Idiocracy was going to end up being a documentary?  :lol:

I'm not sure there will be roits in the streets.....but I sure don't wanna be in those people's living room the night he dies!