Walking Dead Season 6

Oh Shoot

It seems to be that the best tactic would have been to get a large earth mover or cat with a secure cabin and just mow them down. Drive back and forth until the pit floor is mush... an easy days work and problem solved. Maybe no one knows how to drive a bulldozer?

• Like 2

I would not risk putting someone down there, specially when you can do it at a distance.  Molotov cocktails anyone?

BTW, anyone notice the faster walkers?  Makes you wonder if they will start making them a bit more dangerous.  

It seems to be that the best tactic would have been to get a large earth mover or cat with a secure cabin and just mow them down. Drive back and forth until the pit floor is mush... an easy days work and problem solved. Maybe no one knows how to drive a bulldozer?

Either of these would be fun.
12a80e56168bb121300b8559e8a921f2.jpg1652a3b56e0ab86a636c3350de8c96db.jpg
  • Like 3
The black/white v color thing reminded me a lot of True Detective, except it was done better in that show (at least the first season anyway, never watched the second).
Either way it was a decent start to the season and it'll keep me around till next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Edited by npgunner

Bulldoze the ones up on the road out off the side into the pit. They die when they splat. Backup and do it again as more come up the road. Use 2 or 3 hardened dozers to keep it cycling and cover one another.

Leave a few walkers in there to keep calling in more. Go back every few weeks/months and wash-rinse-repeat.

Set barricades at several points in case the road collapses when you're not there to watch.

• Like 2

They have power and access to loads of supplies in the nearby cities. Why don't they have a surveillance system? They need cameras on the walls with motion detectors, plus the same on every roadway within 5 miles. Grab a few bucket trucks and start running cabling. A couple of cameras on the quarry would have been a great way to keep remote watch on their natural walker trap. Step 2 is to set up a bunch of Morgan's walker traps to catch stragglers, plus remote-triggered explosives along the roadways and the perimeter for non-walkers.

The whole episode I kept thinking they were luring them away to some awesome mass destruction. Then we find out they were just pointing them in another direction and releasing them. The first thing I thought was, well that's a pretty crappy thing to do to whatever band of survivors might be down the road. It would mean certain death for anyone in their path.

It was interesting too how in the trailers leading up to the episode, they made you think one thing, and the actual episode reveals something completely different. For instance the scene with Rick yelling "You think you can take this community away from me?" I thought was either Morgan, or one of the Wolves. Turns out it was much to do about nothing with the guy just talking tough.

I also thought the scene where they were building the walls along the road, and the walkers appeared was interesting. It showed the old locals how much they really need our rag-tag band. They were too scared to even shoot them, much less hand to hand combat. Not sure if Rick was holding back on taking action because he wanted them to learn, or at least try, or if he was wanting to make a point of what they were capable of.

• Like 1
I took the black and white to color kind of like they were living in Mayberry. (I mean Rick is no Andy Griffith but...) Like a make believe place. If you look at the cinematography it was done single plane focus, shadows on the wall and all just like back in the day. And this event forced them to see the world for what it was.

I enjoyed it. Change of pace.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

It looks like next week will be Rick's group trying to get back home.  They could have intercut the two stories; some would say they would interrupt the action, but at some points tonight I was thinking that either the Wolves were running out of victims because so many people were gone, or the time was being artificially lengthened.  It just seems that the raid would have been over quicker.  Although it does not seem like the Wolves are employing much logic in their attack.  Apparently part of their weird cultish beliefs is to make Walker torsos for some reason because they were taking their time cutting up the bodies.

Forgot about the timer. I'm going to assume there just weren't as many potential victims because many were gone. Also, they must have being going house to house, which took some time.

Since I know how big the actual neighborhood is, it may be affecting my view. On the show, they could be implying it is bigger. I think they use just a couple of model homes to film different interior scenes for multiple houses.

Yeah. We've only seen the inside of 5 homes. Rick's, Deana's, Jessie's, the one used for the hospital, and the one used for the supplies/armory. Those could all be done in probably 2 or 3 model homes.

Kevin Smith on TTD was amazingly funny. His opening comments hooked me for the whole episode. I usually FFWD through much of it, just watching the behind the scenes stuff and the interviews with the actual cast, but Smith was funny the whole time. Referring to last week's black & white episode as The Walking Clerks was perfect.

Edited by monkeylizard
  • Like 1

For eight hundred fifty gazillionth time Carol showed what a completely well-rounded badass she has become. She's more crafty, ruthless, fearless, and wise than any 3 characters combined.

(I'd have sworn she only set that timer for 15 minutes, because my wife, who can't boil toast...as she puts it, rolled her eyes at me when I said that ain't gonna be done in 15 minutes.)

I have a couple of questions:

1. From Talking Dead: Who's got the best grasp on post-ZA life, Rick/Carol or Morgan?

2. My wife's question: How the heck did Morgan get back to town so fast, but Rick and them won't make it back til next week?

Edited by BigK
  • Like 1

Morgan and guns.

Seems a big continuity problem here regarding Morgan and guns. Thought idea was he didn't have any truck with them, yet:

- When Carol is leading him on chain as ruse to get to the armory, you can clearly see a handgun in holster on his right side. (which the passing Wolves who give her kudos didn't notice either)

- Then after Carol shoots the tied up Wolf that tried to kill Gabriel, she hands a handgun to both Morgan and Gabriel, Morgan gives his to Gabriel, saying something or other to the effect he doesn't believe in using them. But we already know he has one on his hip, which also begs the question of why she even gave him one in the first place?

You can also see the heater on his hip toward the end when he and Carol are doing the aftermath walk around.

WTF?

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 3