Walking Dead Season 6

Oh Shoot

I'll have to watch it again. Don't recall seeing a car in the background. :squint:

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/between-daryl-negan-viewers-missed-130055619.html

I missed it during the live broadcast, but the clip they have embedded at the bottom of that article does show a vehicle pulling up a split second before the explosion obscures the view.

That would be an interesting turn of events for sure. While I like Daryl's character, it would damage their ratings for sure if he got clipped. Can't be too sure that I'd keep watching if Daryl weren't there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I missed it during the live broadcast, but the clip they have embedded at the bottom of that article does show a vehicle pulling up a split second before the explosion obscures the view.

That would be an interesting turn of events for sure. While I like Daryl's character, it would damage their ratings for sure if he got clipped. Can't be too sure that I'd keep watching if Daryl weren't there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If they killed off Daryl, they would have to fill his void quickly with a character of similar qualities or I'm with you, doubt I'd watch much more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

They are about to jerk the rug out from under some folks with Glenn. They want you to think he's untouchable but I believe his is coming and it ain't a nice way to go......

I agree.  I have been saying that ever since it was apparent that he wasn't killed when he fell off the dumpster.  When he (presumably) gets the bat it will just further underline the senselessness of it all - this guy who has survived so many times when he really shouldn't have and some maniac - not even a zombie - snuffs him just like that.

I think Carl's character has evolved. He's not the little brat anymore. He's a tough teen now. I was in the same boat. Tired of him but he came around.

Sent from the Fortress of Solitude.

I have really never understood the dislike of Carl.  I never saw him as a 'brat'.  Sure, he back-talked Rick a lot but that was because Rick was being a dumbass.  When Carl told Rick that if he had killed certain people when he had the chance then Laurie, T-Dog, Merle and others would still be alive Carl was right.  When Carl reminded Rick that he (Rick) had told Carl back at the farm that he would have to grow up and pointed out that Rick also needed to accept that things had changed and do a little 'growing up', as well, Carl was right.  When Carl made the decision to off the Governor's guy who was coming toward him, Herschel, Judith and Beth with a shotgun Carl was right and he was right to stand up for himself and his decision when Herschel and Rick wanted to whine about it later.  Heck, with the possible exception of Carol, Carl is the only character in the whole show - including Daryl and Michonne - who truly seems to understand what living in a post-apocalyptic world means.  He is pretty tough and resourceful and, in the comics, becomes even more of a badass after he loses his eye.  In fact, there is a part in the comics where the person who is supposed to be watching after Carl while Rick is away from Alexandria is really worried because Carl had disappeared and Abraham tells her something to the effect of, "The only people who need to worry about Carl are the ones who piss him off."  There is even a point where Negen - the sociopathic main villain at the time, tells Carl something to the effect of, "I gotta be honest with you, kid.  You scare the ____ out of me."

• Like 1

Uh-huh... as they face their "greatest villain yet."  A guy with a baseball bat.  Somehow that doesn't compare to ending up on the menu at Terminus. :2cents:

Not just a guy with a baseball bat.  A highly charismatic, totally sociopathic leader of a group of people - many of whom are also sociopaths, etc. - who runs a racket by which he and his people extort supplies from Alexandria and other, similar communities of survivors in exchange for 'protection' (and the funny thing is, he and his men often do protect those communities from the walkers.)  A guy who carries a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire - a baseball bat he has named 'Lucille' and which he talks to - because he likes carrying a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire.  A guy who is a smart enough leader that he and his men don't even generally use guns when fighting walkers because walkers can be dealt with by other means - they save their guns and ammo for the living.  A guy who caves a long-time member of Rick's group's head in with said barbed-wire wrapped baseball bat in an almost offhand manner just to prove a point.  A guy who makes the Governor look like a mere annoyance and who - even while you are hating his guts - you can't help but kinda like.

My only concern is that the show let the Governor drag on too long.  If they had stuck to the storyline from the comics, the Governor would have been around for maybe one season and possibly not even an entire season.  Neven, on the other hand, and the fight against him takes up quite a few issues of the comic.  I just hope that letting the Governor drag on for so long doesn't lessen the impact that Negen has.

As for Terminus, etc. in the comics there is a group of cannibals called 'The Hunters' who parallel the 'Terminus' folks but there was no, actual Terminus.  Likewise, the cannibal group only lasted a few issues and were dealt with by Rick and his group in an even more brutal manner than in the church scene in the show.  Instead of hacking them up all at once, Rick's group tied them up and made them watch as Rick's group hacked them (the cannibals) up one at a time, more or less in cold blood.  Even with the expansion of the role and threat of the cannibals in the show, however, if they stick pretty close to the way Negen and his group (the Saviors) are portrayed in the comics he really will be the greatest villain, yet.

Edited by JAB

This thread is about The Walking Dead. The Walking Dead is a comic book as well as a television show. In fact, without the comic the show wouldn't exist. So, to me, discussing the comic as it relates to the show is valid. I do try and alert people when I am going to mention a possible spoiler but don't always remember to do so. I will not, however, promise to refrain from discussing it.
  • Like 2

I've never read a comic book and probably never will. I like the show and don't really care how it follows a comic book. Knowing what is going to happen takes all of the fun out of it. I try to steer clear of "comic book spoilers".

Fair enough. I, on the other hand, enjoy the show at least partly - maybe even largely - because it IS based on a comic. It is every bit as much a 'comic book' show as Batman, Superman, The Avengers and so on are comic book movies. To me, part of the fun is in comparing the show to the comics and discussing the similarities and differences. In fact, if not for having read some of the comics I may well have given up on the show, already, during some of its slower or stupider moments - which tend to occur when they stray furthest from the basic comics storyline.
  • Like 1

its fine as long as yall don't prohecy the future by comparing the present to what will happen in the comics.  I agree that I don't like reading spoilers.  Just put a disclaimer at the top of your post that says "comic book spoiler" 

This x 1,000. I don't know anything about the comics and want to keep it that way, but I still want to post about the show.

Just a bold tag at the top of a post that says Comic Spoiler or something like that would help. Thanks!

Edited by monkeylizard
  • Like 2
I love watching the show, never read the comic and think maybe the simplest solution to all this would be for someone to start a separate thread on the comic and how it relates to the show. That way those who don't want to read the spoilers wouldn't if they were posted in another thread.

Dunno, just my $.02. Take it for what it's worth.

• Like 2

Rick and Daryll......two effin idiots.

*sigh*

Really. The whole truck thing was Keystone Kops.

Wasn't watching that closely at the time, but please tell me how HippieNinja Boy got on the roof of the truck after they left him tied up and drove away?

- OS

• Like 3

Really. The whole truck thing was Keystone Kops.

Wasn't watching that closely at the time, but please tell me how HippieNinja Boy got on the roof of the truck after they left him tied up and drove away?

- OS

Exactly!

Genesis 27:3
Now then, get your equipment---your quiver and bow---and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.