Walking Dead Season 6

Oh Shoot

The interracial thing doesn't bother me. Heck, I think Michonne (and the actress who plays her) is pretty hot, myself. I still think this is a HUGE mistake - not because of races but because of these two, specific characters. Rick and Michonne are best friends. Yeah, I know the whole thing about being best friends with your partner but their relationship is best as Platonic best friends, almost like brother and sister. To me, Rick hooking up with Michonne (with the obvious differences) is like Rick hooking up with Daryl. It just doesn't work. I know some fans have apparently been pushing for this for a while but it is a bonehead move, IMO. In fact, even given other 'less than stellar' moments over the course of the series, I will go so far as to say that in a season or two folks might be looking back on this as the precise moment when the show jumped the shark. I feel that strongly that they just made a huge error. I'm not saying I will stop watching because of it but I am seriously disappointed in the show runners for this one. Edited by JAB

Jessie who? Rick rebounded in a hurry.

Hatest thou not the Player. Hatest thou, instead, the Game.

-The Book of Grimes, Chapter 7 Verse 8

Seriously, though, they DID say on The Talking Dead that it has been something like two or three months since last week's episode.

Edited by JAB
  • Like 2

BTW.....why do they have a baby monitor for Judith, but not one on the jail? Or anywhere else for that matter?

Hadn't thought about it but that is a good point.  It would seem that those monitors - especially as they apparently work in low-light conditions - might be better used.  Maybe I can understand not having one on the jail because it seems to be very rare that they have a prisoner in there.  Still, I would think that such things would be useful to people patrolling the walls at night.  Give a person a section of wall and then set up those monitors to cover any night time 'blind spots' in their area with the view screens mounted in their 'crow's nest' area where they can see at a glance what is going on in those blind spots.  Mount them in such a way that the light is obscured from view from outside the wall.  For keeping an eye on Judith - especially as she is now probably past the age where 'crib death' is a major concern - they could always go old school and actually just check on the baby.

It seems that the major thing the folks on the show don't learn from previous mistakes is that, sure, when you have down time it is great to relax, plant crops and so on but don't forget that there are still enemies 'out there'.  Just rebuilding or shoring up walls and patrolling those walls (or fences when they were at the prison) isn't enough.  They know the Wolves are still out there and they have already breached the walls once.  They know that there are still walkers out there and a new herd could show up at any moment.  They know that Negen's group is out there and have to realize that the ones Daryl blew up were probably just a scouting group just like the scouting groups Alexandria sends out.  Daryl has encountered them twice, now (in the woods with the folks who stole his motorcycle and on the road when he blew that group up) and has to realize that they are at least as organized as the Alexandrians.  So while there is down time you put other defenses in place, enhance your ability to see threats coming, train everyone with the strength to hold a knife how to fight (just like Carol was doing with the kids at the prison) so that you no longer have anyone in the town who is an easy kill/automatic victim and generally make attacking your community 'not worth it' to any groups of the living who might think they want to take your stuff.  Forget having a single gate to keep out unwanted visitors.  I'd have a 50 yard long 'hallway' of security fencing, topped with barbed wire - we know there are farm supply and hardware stores around and such things aren't exactly what the average, on-the-move scavenger would take - with an unlocked gate and at least two, locked gates before the main gate.  I'd scavenge a key making machine and a bunch of key blanks from a hardware store and every member of my community who is old enough would have keys to those gates.  This would serve two purposes:  1. If you are outside and beset by walkers you will have a safe place to escape/wait until someone can open the main gate.  The unlocked but latched first gate means you can get inside a fence without having to stop and fumble with a key with walkers on your tail.  This would also help limit the possibility of some of those same, pursuing walkers getting inside the walls.  2.  Anyone who wants to come through the front gate first has to pass through a 'killing field' area where one or two people in a hardened position on top of the wall would be picking them off while they were trying to unlock the locked gates.  There would be a rule known to all Alexandrians and clearly posted at the unlocked and first locked gates that upon passing the first locked gate everyone must remove any clothing that obscures the face - no hats, scarves and so on.  Failure to do so would get you shot.  The gates might not stop potential, living threats from getting in but even if they steal keys from some Alexandrians outside the wall they still have to pause to unlock the gates while taking fire from above.  But, hey, I'm probably just paranoid.

Speaking of down time and babies, I wonder if we can expect a sudden up-tick in the population of Alexandria in about nine months (of on-the-show time, that is.)

Edited by JAB

I also can't figure out why their vehicles look like they just rolled off the used car lot instead of something from Mad Max. Up armor and arm the snot out of those things.

Project 1 = Walls, defensive positions, and walker traps. They seem to be well on their way to getting this back in order

Project 2 = Surveillance and clearing out the woods. They need open land around the walls with cameras mounted along all entrance roads for several miles out and cameras in the woods. Plus more at the quarry.

Project 3 = A fleet of armored vehicles built around an armored big rig.

Inside the walls they need to be focused on expanding/decentralizing the solar array, getting food going, and creating fall-back positions if/when the walls are breached. Some ATVs prepped and ready to escape via the drainage tunnel they showed in the fall might be a good idea.

Really. The whole truck thing was Keystone Kops.

Wasn't watching that closely at the time, but please tell me how HippieNinja Boy got on the roof of the truck after they left him tied up and drove away?

- OS

Easy, he's a long lost descendant of Houdini ...

BTW.....why do they have a baby monitor for Judith, but not one on the jail? Or anywhere else for that matter?

Because they don't keep babies in jail, just bad guys who break out and escape almost as often as the bad guys on the old "24" series ...

BTW, I want to know what type of batteries are in all these cars they keep firing up, obviously I'm buying the wrong brands ...

• Like 4

Wasn't watching that closely at the time, but please tell me how HippieNinja Boy got on the roof of the truck after they left him tied up and drove away?

- OS

Well he did say his friends nicknamed him Jesus so....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

- OS

Yeah so rick gets in the seat, twirls the keys, Daryl eludes to getting soda for the Doc. all that time Harry is untying and jumping on the truck.  Then for what reason does he start making all that damn noise.  He should have just rode on the bumper quietly until stopped and stole the truck again.  

I assumed the noise was him bouncing around on top when they turned down the dirt road and it wasn't as smooth as the paved road, but yeah, I'm with you. I expected him to be on the back bumper and was surprised when he wasn't when Rick pulled away from tied up Jesus and they showed the back of the truck. But I did note that they did NOT show him in the side mirrors and it seemed as if Lincoln was trying real hard NOT to look at the side mirrors.

Edited by monkeylizard

- OS

As soon as I found that truck, I'd have hauled a$$ back to Alexandria to secure my spoils. A bird in the hand and all, right?

Plus, I can't believe how anti-tactical Rick and Daryl were with Ninjesus/Jesse. He get close enough to kill them when he swiped the keys. How could you let a stranger anywhere near you in their world?

Then to make matters worse, they go running toward what sounds like superior fire with nothing but revolvers.

...not that anything else with Rick and Daryl made any sense for the whole damn episode...jeez! freaking idiots!

And how much time has elapsed here from last episode to this one? Carl sure seems to have recovered fast.  

And the picture of Rick, Michonne, Carl and the baby in the frame. Looks like we have a lot of tech still available.

Also...they sure have cleaned the bodies and streets really well. I saw no stains.

Last but not least. I saw this little hookup coming for a while. I don't read the comics or novels, so I had no inside knowledge on it.

All in all, a fair episode, but a bit lame with all the mistakes in action and judgment from Rick and Daryl.

And how much time has elapsed here from last episode to this one? Carl sure seems to have recovered fast.  

And the picture of Rick, Michonne, Carl and the baby in the frame. Looks like we have a lot of tech still available.

Also...they sure have cleaned the bodies and streets really well. I saw no stains.

Last but not least. I saw this little hookup coming for a while. I don't read the comics or novels, so I had no inside knowledge on it.

All in all, a fair episode, but a bit lame with all the mistakes in action and judgment from Rick and Daryl.

About two months. I don't recall if they said something about that during the episode or if it was on TTD. Probably got a few rain showers during those months to help wash down the streets and such.

Aaron had pictures of Alexandria for recruiting so they have some photo capabilities. That's not surprising though. These are modern homes so you'd expect them to have PCs and printers. If not, it wouldn't be hard to find some along with digital cameras and ink cartridges. I doubt anybody raided the local Staples for printer ink during the zombie apocalypse.

Edited by monkeylizard

Thinking about the PC, printer, photo thing: I should add a thumb-drive to my bug-out kit with family photos on it. I'd hate to lose those and my cloud backups would probably be useless if there's ever a need to bug out.

It also makes me wonder why the kids don't have XboxOne and PS4, and the adults don't have a killer DVD collection and big screen TVs. They have electricity. It's not for a lack of free time. The kids have time to hang out and read comics. The adults have time to sit on their porches and make art sculptures.

Edited by monkeylizard

Thinking about the PC, printer, photo thing: I should add a thumb-drive to my bug-out kit with family photos on it. I'd hate to lose those and my cloud backups would probably be useless if there's ever a need to bug out.

It also makes me wonder why the kids don't have XboxOne and PS4, and the adults don't have a killer DVD collection and big screen TVs. They have electricity. It's not for a lack of free time. The kids have time to hang out and read comics. The adults have time to sit on their porches and make art sculptures.

If you ever have to bug out technology should be the last thing on your mind as there's not going to be any.

As far as the show goes they're probably too busy living.  Feeding and sheltering one's self can actually be a full time job, especially in a world where nothing is provided.

Edited by Garufa
  • Like 1

I thought at one time they were having problems with the solar energy.  Noah got killed on a supply run in which Eugene was looking for the correct parts, and they never really indicated if things ever got fixed.  I would imagine that there is some upper limit on the amount of power each house can use based on battery capacity and the solar recharging.  I would take the lack of entertainment to partially be due to conservation of a finite resource.

I also wonder if one of the purposes for the time jump was so that they didn't have to deal with the make-up for Carl's eye.  A wound like that cannot just be closed; first it has to granulate and then epithelialize.  It would take a while before it will just look like an empty, flesh-covered eye socket.  Since he still has a bandage, it may only be two weeks or so, or it could be a month.  

I thought at one time they were having problems with the solar energy.  Noah got killed on a supply run in which Eugene was looking for the correct parts, and they never really indicated if things ever got fixed.  I would imagine that there is some upper limit on the amount of power each house can use based on battery capacity and the solar recharging.  I would take the lack of entertainment to partially be due to conservation of a finite resource.

I also wonder if one of the purposes for the time jump was so that they didn't have to deal with the make-up for Carl's eye.  A wound like that cannot just be closed; first it has to granulate and then epithelialize.  It would take a while before it will just look like an empty, flesh-covered eye socket.  Since he still has a bandage, it may only be two weeks or so, or it could be a month.  

The only time they spoke of time, they said several weeks; not a specific time frame.  But with the photo, cleanup and repairs they make it seem like over a month at least.