Walking Dead Season 6

Oh Shoot

Andrew Lincoln was quoted as saying he couldn't sleep the night he read the season finale script.

I bet we lose Carol AND Glenn.

Now that would be something... when is the last time they killed off 2 major characters?

Now that would be something... when is the last time they killed off 2 major characters?

Last week?  :)   I am not sure it seems like every other week they are killing off someone important.  This isn't a show that has any problem killing off someone.  For me none has every been or likely will every be as bad as Hershel death.  Although Glen might be a close 2nd.

Thanks

Robert

Good episode. Only BS I saw was Glenn and the other dude in a small room with a G3 and an FAL....and they were having conversations afterwards. Uhh..right.

Not really surprising, I have been in an enclosed area like that and hardly registered the rounds going off.  Those who hunt may of experienced something like that; a shot while hunting vs a shot at the range "sounds" different.

Not really surprising, I have been in an enclosed area like that and hardly registered the rounds going off. Those who hunt may of experienced something like that; a shot while hunting vs a shot at the range "sounds" different.

"Auditory Exclusion" often happens in fire fights. But doesn't prevent actual hearing loss. It's just the brains lack of perception of noise due to stress or other factors.

You've been in about a 12x12' room with the door shut and two full auto .308's going off and you didn't register the rounds going off? Really? You sir, are tougher than me.

No, not a 12x12 room...more like 8x8 aluminum enclosure w/doors open and an M134 Minigun going off.  And no, not tougher; like I said you would be surprised about the effect of it.  You probably do suffer damage to your hearing anyway(Tinnitus is a b.), but in your mind you do not register the fact that there are mini explosions gone off; you are more concentrated on where the fire is going and what may be coming back at you.  Watch any of the YouTube videos out there filmed by our troops, most are not wearing hearing protection.

So, on television, do they wear flesh-colored ear protection or something?  I assume the noise is still loud even without live rounds, but I have never been around blank-firing guns.

On The Talking Dead, during the behind the scenes section for the shoot-out, it looked like Andrew Lincoln had some type of conventional ear plugs.  I must admit, I'm usually not intently staring at the actors' ear canals during fight scenes.

So, on television, do they wear flesh-colored ear protection or something?  I assume the noise is still loud even without live rounds, but I have never been around blank-firing guns.

On The Talking Dead, during the behind the scenes section for the shoot-out, it looked like Andrew Lincoln had some type of conventional ear plugs.  I must admit, I'm usually not intently staring at the actors' ear canals during fight scenes.

Good question I guess it depends on what they use.  If standard blanks they are definitely loud, but if they use squibs, the sound may be added later.

Thanks for the link.  From what I saw on the behind the scenes footage, they were mostly using blanks.  I also remember a crew member who was wearing ear muffs, so I assume it must have been loud, especially in an enclosed space.  

Would squibs be enough to fully cycle the actions of the semi-automatics?  The only squib that I have (fortunately) experienced jammed the gun because it didn't fully eject.

No because a true squib load does not exit the barrel.

No because a true squib load does not exit the barrel.

Two different squibs, the one you seem to be talking about is what we call a round that is improperly loaded.  In special effects, they call the fake gunshots squibs; these guys seem to be advertising they work on TWD: http://squibfx.com. I've also heard them call the part that works the gun a squib instead of a blank but that may be incorrect.

Y'all do know they somewhat follow the comic series......so you can find out  who and about when someone is going to be taken off the show.  

Not really.  There are major characters who are still alive in the comics who are dead on the show and vice versa, not to mention major characters on the show who don't even exist in the comics.

Examples (COMIC BOOK SPOILER):

1.  In the comics, Carol died while the group was living at the prison.  She had a mental breakdown and fed herself to a captive walker that they had chained up inside the walls for study.  So, as she is already dead in the comics and has been for a long time, the television version of her is kind of a wild card.  Carol's daughter, Sophia, is still alive at this point in the comics.

2.  In the comics, Dale didn't die on the farm.  It was Dale who got bitten and then captured by the cannibals (there was no Terminus, just a roving group of cannibals called 'The Hunters".)  It was Dale who had his leg eaten by the cannibals and who died shortly thereafter - just like what happened to Bob on the show.

3.  Andrea is still alive in the comics.  She never 'hooked up' with the governor.  In fact, she and Dale had a May-December thing going until he died and then she and Rick ended up together (rather than Rick and Michonne.)

4.  Lori did not die in childbirth in the comics.  Instead, the governor's people shot her when they invaded the prison.

5.  Judith (Carl's baby sister) is not still alive in the comics.  Lori was carrying her when the prison was invaded and the bullet that killed Lori passed through Lori's body and killed Judith.

6.  The Governor died at the prison.  The lady who shot Lori saw that she was carrying a baby and realized that the Governor was lying to them about Rick's group being the bad guys.  As a result - and because he lies resulted in her killing a baby - she shot the governor and then she and the other Woodbury folks fled into the prison to escape the walkers.  They left the Governor and the walkers got him (a time when the comic had a much better storyline than in the show, IMO.)

7.  In the comics, Herschel died at the prison but in a completely different way than in the show.

8.  In the comics, Tyreese died at the prison.  It was Tyreese and not Herschel who the Governor decapitated with Michonne's sword.

And so on.  What I am getting at is that not only are some characters live on the show well past the point where they die in the comics and vice versa but some characters from the show die in exactly the same way as completely different characters die in the comics.  Plus neither Daryl nor Merle even exist in the comics,

Edited by JAB

I think it's gonna be Daryl. 

I hope you are wrong but have this bad feeling you might be right.  In fact,  just last night I told the people with whom I watch the show that I think it is very possible that Daryl will be killed off soon.  My reasoning has to do with how his character has been treated on the show, lately.  It is almost like they are trying to remove the very things that make him Daryl, thereby curbing some of the fan outcry if they kill him off.

What is the main thing that people identify with Daryl?  The crossbow - which he no longer has and has seemingly made no effort to replace.  Whether or not it is a 'practical' weapon in reality it has long been his chosen weapon and has served him well to this point.  Surely he could find another somewhere along the course of his and Rick's trips to scavenge, if he really wanted to.  Not that the revolver is a bad idea - I'd say carry the crossbow for stealth and keep the revolver on his hip for when a single-loading crossbow just won't cut it.  What is the second thing that people probably identify most with Daryl?  A motorcycle - which he no longer has and has seemingly made no effort to replace.  There are abandoned vehicles everywhere so there are probably motorcycles among them.  Daryl knows how to repair anything that might be wrong with them and could probably scavenge needed parts from other abandoned motorcycles.  So, it isn't just that the crossbow and motorcycle are gone - it is almost like the part of his 'Darylness' that caused him to carry the crossbow and ride the motorcycle are gone, too.  Further, his demeanor is largely different.  In becoming less belligerent (not exactly the right word but its the best I can thing of right now) he has also become less charismatic.  He has become less Daryl.  In fact, in some ways he has just plain become 'less' and now is becoming just another guy on the show.  I know that characters must change or stagnate but these sudden, wholesale changes to what makes the character who he has always been cause me to think that the goal is to lessen the blow (i.e. the loss of viewers and ratings) if they kill Daryl off.  Or maybe these changes are just for contrast for when Daryl goes back to really being Daryl after one of the other, major characters buys it.

Edited by JAB

Best part of the episode... Gabriel shooting that savior. "Amen" :up:

That was good.  I also like when Rick stabbed the guy in the neck, stood up covered in his blood and all the Hilltop folks are staring at him, shocked, he just gets this incredulous look on his face and says, "What?"  Then he does the same thing when the Hilltop guy is freaked out by him using the severed head as a punching bag.

Edited by JAB

Another reason for the writers to kill off Darryl has nothing to do with the show and everything to do with Norman Reedus becoming a more in-demand actor.

That said, I think it's going to be Carol or Darryl. But because I think that, it will probably be someone else. :)

Edited by monkeylizard
All of you AR guys correct me if I am wrong, but don't you have to have some barrel restriction or obstruction for a gas charged system to cycle with blanks. Just food for thought.

JTM
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk