Walking Dead Season 6

Oh Shoot

And all-powerful nanobugs and superpowers - Revolution is one of the few shows I've watched that rivals Under the Dome for how bad it was, and that's saying something ...

I hated to see that show go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just watched it. The doc was just starting to become a stronger player. Did she have a connection to the baby? I know Dennis was her twin brother, but what about the baby... younger sibling or unspecified?

Daryl got his bike back and now the crossbow! I think we'll see some war next episode. I wonder if Carol will come back again to save the day

Did Eugene go nuts or what? :rofl: Edited by Wingshooter
  • Like 2
Why does one need a machine shop to reload?

I doubt Eugene is smart enough to make his own swaging dies and either swage .22 LR brass or extrude copper tubing into jackets for their ARs. At best, they could move away from small bore and cast for everything.

I still don't see a reason to though. No way all the ammo in THIS country was expended in the short amount of time this show has been on. There was only about a year or two where there were any significant number of people left.
There are BILLIONS of rounds of ammo in this country. They just need to stop hanging around the same place and move on.
There's more ammo in one weekend at Knob Creek than this show has fired in all seasons combined.
I would say we TGOers have more ammo than has been expended on this show since the pilot. That's figuring in what ammo was fired that we didn't actually see.

I love the show but they should get some better experts and strive for more realistic facts and figures.

Personally, I think they should head west to the Mississippi river. You could live your entire life on the water. Since everything is free if you're man enough to take it, you could get a few river barges from Ingram and get a running front end loader to fill the coal haulers with good top soil. Then you got a floating garden with an easy to access water supply. No drought problems!
anchor down in deeper waters and fish and farm. Runners like Daryl could travel and bring back anything from barges to yachts if they had usable fuel.
  • Like 1

Personally, I think they should head west to the Mississippi river. You could live your entire life on the water. Since everything is free if you're man enough to take it, you could get a few river barges from Ingram and get a running front end loader to fill the coal haulers with good top soil. Then you got a floating garden with an easy to access water supply. No drought problems!
anchor down in deeper waters and fish and farm. Runners like Daryl could travel and bring back anything from barges to yachts if they had usable fuel.

I have had this thought myself. That is what I would do.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

NO disrespect Caster but quit thinking logically.  This is a TV show about post apocalyptic life complete with zombies.  We are gun people here that are more firearm savvy than maybe the average viewer just accepts as plausible because of their ignorance to all things firearm related.  I do agree a complete machine shop is not necessary  because like you say there should be a fair amount of ammo still stashed in peoples homes and in retail stores.  I'm sure the store supplies would disappear quicker but surely there are some that remain untouched or maybe I'm way off on that one.  Using the same thought process there should be sporting good and gun shops that have reloading equipment for the taking.  My first thought when Eugene explained his vision of producing ammunition was what about powder and primers.  The same place they would scavenge these items there should be reloading equipment as well.

As for the Doctor Denise, all I have to say about that is, she never saw it coming! :biglol:

• Like 3

Using the same thought process there should be sporting good and gun shops that have reloading equipment for the taking. My first thought when Eugene explained his vision of producing ammunition was what about powder and primers. The same place they would scavenge these items there should be reloading equipment as well.

Comic book post - not a spoiler since the episode has aired.

In the comic Eugene found an actual Reloading setup. I forget now if it was a gun store setup or one of those small ammo manufacturer shops, but they were able to sit down and start cranking out ammo almost immediately and came in very useful.
  • Like 2

Well, if they were to move on, as Caster suggested, maybe they could scavenge a lot of ammo.  Then, again, maybe a lot of that ammo is already in the hands of other groups who would be more than willing to use a portion of said ammo to maintain control of the rest of it.  Also, which would you rather do - sit in a nice, fairly secure facility and crank out rounds at your leisure or risk going in to possibly walker infested stores, etc. in the hopes that there might be some ammo left there that someone else hasn't already scavenged?

The big thing, though, is that the whole point is not having to move on.  The core group has been 'out there', some of them for maybe two or three years (or more) at this point.  They want a place where they can settle down and have more stable lives - maybe even start to rebuild civilization, especially now that they know there are other groups in other settlements.  I'm not saying their decision is right or wrong but Alexandria and the ability to live there long term, maybe even for generations to come, is their main motivation right now.  The whole point, then, in having more ammo is so that they can defend Alexandria and maybe even use some of that ammo as a trade good for trade relations with other settlements.  Not only are the characters not interested in moving on but that actually runs completely counter to what they do want right now.  That kind of makes sense, too, with Maggie pregnant and Judith getting to an age where it would be difficult to carry her and fight walkers but where she is not yet old/strong/big enough to keep up with the rest of the group.

Another thing - let's say that if they went on the move they could gather up a warehouse full of ammo.  How are they going to carry it all?  Realistically, without a base of operations like Alexandria where they can have something of an armory, each member of the group could probably manage to carry a long gun, a handgun for backup and a few hundred rounds for each, if that.

I don't think that the idea was that they would be scavenging reloading supplies, etc.  I think that the idea is that Eugene either knows or can figure out how to make gunpowder.  I also guess that - in a comic book/television show world, at least - with a full machine shop at his disposal he would be able to figure out how to either make primers or 're-charge' spent ones.  He did say that he planned to use spent brass casings but that they would need to find a lot of lead.  I doubt the idea would be to manufacture jacketed bullets.  I would think more along the lines of hard cast lead.  Would that work in all the guns they have?  Well, again, in a television show it probably would - and even if it wouldn't I'd rather have an almost endless supply of ammo for some guns rather than worry about not being able to make ammo for all of them.  That would also allow them to use the ammo they can manufacture for more general purpose/practice applications and save the 'better' stuff for when there is a real need for it.

As far as scavenging primers, etc. I am not so sure that the places they could scavenge those would necessarily also have ammo that could be easily scavenged.  Think about it this way - even if there aren't many people left now there was probably a lot of looting in the early days.  Those looters were probably a lot more interested in factory ammo than in reloading components.  For that matter, I have done a little reloading but to be completely honest - considering there would be limits on how much I could grab/carry at a time as well as limits on how much stuff I could pack in my vehicle to take back home or bug out, in those early days I'd also be much more interested in using that weight and space allotment on loaded, ready to use ammo than on reloading components.  With that in mind, the idea that there wouldn't have been many folks left by the time reloading became a concern actually works in favor of being able to scavenge reloading components in stores whose shelves were probably stripped bare of ammo in the first few hours after people realized what was happening.  At least, that would be my expectation.

Edited by JAB

So Denise got the arrow that Abraham got in the graphic novel.Does that mean somebody else gets to meet Lucille?

Since they had Eugene and Abraham doing a very similar scene to the comics, I kept waiting for the surprise arrow. When Abraham left, I thought maybe they would find his body. I had given up on the scene when suddenly Denise gets it. Great misdirection and another lesson that we can look to the comics for hints but can't depend on them for concrete spoilers.

As for the plethora of ammo in private houses, they would have to go door to door, room to room to find it all, and they showed the difficulties of that before they found the prison and again at Noah's neighborhood. I bet letting rotting Walkers out of houses got old after awhile. With the expected number of houses in the suburbs around D.C., they should have access to a bunch of canned food also, but maybe previous expeditions have been too risky.
Searching house to house would take hours. Glenn said it a couple of seasons ago,"everything of use that is left will be hidden. " How many people here have Ammo scattered around their houses. I have several thousand rounds in my house at any given time and none of it is stored in the same place. A case of 54r here and another case of 45acp somewhere else. And none of it is sitting out in the open. I am willing to bet any 2 people could spend hours searching my house and not find all the Ammo.

There are 3 guns that I always enjoy seeing in the episodes... Rick's Colt of course, Sasha's supressed AR and Abraham's M16.

It has me wanting to build an old school A2 :)

i've got a brownells A1 upper in my cart waiting ;)

• Like 1
  • Administrator

I was actually rather glad to see Denise take an arrow through the  melon.  She was a spaz and would have gotten the rest killed.  Eugene is on my list too;  he's baggage, so far.  I was sad to see that the bullet only grazed him.

I like Eugene. He's the most intelligent of the bunch and is now coming around to where he might be able to take care of himself and contribute to the group's self-sufficiency rather than surviving off scrounging which is not sustainable in any one area. Edited by Garufa
  • Like 1