What kind of ammo do you use in your .642?

Guest TheBadLuckCharm

Guest TheBadLuckCharm

I found one with no lock yesterday, still haven't shot it yet

Debated over bersa thunder .380 or kel-tec .32...did I make a good choice?

We'll see.

Anyways I am looking for target ammo...NO +P.

I read .38 is different than .38 spl? So I can only use .38 spl?I am not sure! help! Bare with me,does more grain necessarily mean more recoil?

I want controlled recoil,and accuracy.I need something to use for cwp class that I can practice with now.

My husband bought these at the gunshow cuz they were cheap but a review says they're not good. What is the difference in 125 and 130? http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/65466-5.html

I also do not want ammo that will turn my gun black.

Thanks!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are 3 different .38 ammos......38s&w, .38 Special, and .38 Super. Your gun takes .38 Special. Here's a link to some low recoil .38 special ammo: http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=211732

Any ammo that says non corrosive will help keep your gun cleaner.....but all ammo will get your gun dirty to a certain extent. There's no ammo that I know of that won't blacken your gun a little.

As far as difference in 125 or 130 grain (bullet weight).....from what I've heard and read.....the heavier bullet hits harder, but travels a bit slower.....the lighter bullet is faster (velocity) but doesn't hit as hard. As a general rule, for self defense I usually get the heavier grain bullets to acheive more knock down power. To me, there doesn't seem to be much noticable difference in recoil between different grains of the same caliber.

Hope that helps a little :poop: