After seeing this post from Fighting Sheep Dog

http://www.tngunowne...-auto-for-free/

Made me think about the reason why a Police Dept would have a need for a Belt-Fed MG, PD's are pretty much under the microscope for a shootings how a days, hell during Ferguson the PD rolled up with a MRAP and had a sniper up top, the media and our beloved president cried overkill for the whole MRAP thing, could you just imagine if it was equipped with a Bravo 240, M60 or a Saw and someone decided to exchange fire with them and they just lit him up with a 50 to 100rd burst to end the treat, I'm pretty sure this would get a lot of attention.

I get the project a unbeatable force thing but what in Tn would need this?

I can understand state and local PD protecting the border's and having whatever it takes to end a threat from a drug smuggler or terrorist, I'll attach a photo of a customer we supply trailer parts to, this boat I believe cruises the Rio Grand River in Tx, I totally dig the single and duel mount bravos.untitled_zpsyszjcik0.png

Edited by Johnny Rotten
I can't imagine why TN would need it but that doesn't stop them from having MRAPs and HMMWVs.

Texas I can definitely see having it for the border, not to mention Texas could secede at any moment they choose and survive just fine.MGs would come in handy for the TX Army lol

The FSD shoot is to raise money for Toys for Tots.  It's not a LE sanctioned or demonstration.  I can assure everyone here none of these weapons are owned by any LE agency nor would they sponsor any such event... that, you can definitely thank the media for. 

We do hope to raise money for a good cause and let you folks shoot some guns you might not have had an opportunity to shoot before.  None of us backing this are pocketing a cent from it.  On top of that I'm sure it's going to cost us all several thousand in maintenance after the shoot.  These things are not cheap to keep running and I'm not talking about the ammo. 

But come on JR, not you too ;o) .. et tu Brute ;o) ... As far as to why... I have to ask why not? We all remember the BOA robbery in LA with the full autos and the police were outgunned for over an hour?  They were outgunned because of the touchy feely media pressure.  You are correct though, the media has every department on their toes and under normal circumstances most of this weaponry would not be needed.  Our SWAT only has a few select fire weapons but we ourselves have been in a few shootings recently where our deputies did not even have patrol rifles.  Just by fate backup arrived who did and ended the firefight and we went home.  I can tell you  It's a daunting task to engage someone with a rifle, even a deer rifle and all you have is a G22.  Is a 240B or SAW needed, 99.9% of the time heck no... I hope and pray they're never needed but at the same time I see nothing wrong with any agency being prepared.  You don't normally need a sledgehammer to drive a thumbtack but if you show up and there's a railroad tie that needs hammering would be nice to have that sledgehammer.  The same media that looks at that boat or any of our guns and says why would also be the one when 50 people are killed by some jacked up meth head with an arsenal at his disposal asking why we were not prepared for the worse.  You can't win with these jerks and I for one don't waste an ounce of worry on what our leader thinks is too much... when he walks around without his secret service detail armed to the tee then he can throw stones at us. 

Our job is to protect the public and ALL of us go home... period... it's not supposed to be fair.. we don't start the fights but we are tasked with meeting force with force. 

We ARE responsible for every round that leaves any of our weapons and every officer knows that.  Given this, media or not, I would never expect any LE agency, border or not, to roll up onto any public demonstration anywhere (not just TN) with a MRAP mounted with LMGs.  Same token though, I'm sure the THP doesn't fire up the boat above when they want to check to be sure folks fishing licenses are up to date... these weapons have specific purposes and would be used in special circumstances.  I'm sure Ferguson had much more firepower than they showed up with... but their officers riding up in MRAP with the crowd throwing rocks and god knows what, I don't see any harm in that at all.  My media rant is why should those in charge of order be concerned with how they look when they're up against people who clearly have no issue with disobeying the laws.... The first level of force in any situation is officer presence... Hopefully that alone discourages most the rift raft... But even when THP boat is just being trailered down the interstate, it's serving a purpose in my mind...if nothing more it says don't start nothing, won't be nothing!

I dig the bravos too!  little jealous, would love to drop that sucker in at Watts Bar ;o)

Edited by LawEnforcementSalesTN
  • Like 6

The FSD shoot is to raise money for Toys for Tots. It's not a LE sanctioned or demonstration. I can assure everyone here none of these weapons are owned by any LE agency nor would they sponsor any such event... that, you can definitely thank the media for.

We do hope to raise money for a good cause and let you folks shoot some guns you might not have had an opportunity to shoot before. None of us backing this are pocketing a cent from it. On top of that I'm sure it's going to cost us all several thousand in maintenance after the shoot. These things are not cheap to keep running and I'm not talking about the ammo.

But come on JR, not you too ;o) .. et tu Brute ;o) ... As far as to why... I have to ask why not? We all remember the BOA robbery in LA with the full autos and the police were outgunned for over an hour? They were outgunned because of the touchy feely media pressure. You are correct though, the media has every department on their toes and under normal circumstances most of this weaponry would not be needed. Our SWAT only has a few select fire weapons but we ourselves have been in a few shootings recently where our deputies did not even have patrol rifles. Just by fate backup arrived who did and ended the firefight and we went home. I can tell you It's a daunting task to engage someone with a rifle, even a deer rifle and all you have is a G22. Is a 240B or SAW needed, 99.9% of the time heck no... I hope and pray they're never needed but at the same time I see nothing wrong with any agency being prepared. You don't normally need a sledgehammer to drive a thumbtack but if you show up and there's a railroad tie that needs hammering would be nice to have that sledgehammer. The same media that looks at that boat or any of our guns and says why would also be the one when 50 people are killed by some jacked up meth head with an arsenal at his disposal asking why we were not prepared for the worse. You can't win with these jerks and I for one don't waste an ounce of worry on what our leader thinks is too much... when he walks around without his secret service detail armed to the tee then he can throw stones at us.

Our job is to protect the public and ALL of us go home... period... it's not supposed to be fair.. we don't start the fights but we are tasked with meeting force with force.

We ARE responsible for every round that leaves any of our weapons and every officer knows that. Given this, media or not, I would never expect any LE agency, border or not, to roll up onto any public demonstration anywhere (not just TN) with a MRAP mounted with LMGs. Same token though, I'm sure the THP doesn't fire up the boat above when they want to check to be sure folks fishing licenses are up to date... these weapons have specific purposes and would be used in special circumstances. I'm sure Ferguson had much more firepower than they showed up with... but their officers riding up in MRAP with the crowd throwing rocks and god knows what, I don't see any harm in that at all. My media rant is why should those in charge of order be concerned with how they look when they're up against people who clearly have no issue with disobeying the laws.... The first level of force in any situation is officer presence... Hopefully that alone discourages most the rift raft... But even when THP boat is just being trailered down the interstate, it's serving a purpose in my mind...if nothing more it says don't start nothing, won't be nothing!

I dig the bravos too! little jealous, would love to drop that sucker in at Watts Bar ;o)

Bravo could not have said it any better. Like the Boy Scouts of America say Be Prepared.

The border region IS a warzone. Gunfights and exchanges of gunfire happen regularly down there. Plenty of reports of gunfire coming from Mexico into the US and some of it isn't your typical bad guy. I read one report where the Mexican military fired upon officers with belt fed 50's from HMMWVs we probably gave them. Under those circumstances I hope those being fired upon at least has the firepower to fight back but most don't.

Since the time the officer shot an illegal for hitting an officer in the face with a rock they have been a lot more leery about returning fire. I was infuriated at that whole debacle and it cost several good officers their careers as well as their freedom. But the liberal media convicted the officer long before his trial.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Shooting-San-Diego-Border-Patrol-Otay-Truck-Trail--245985161.html

I hope every officer has every single piece of equipment they think they will need to survive and make it home to their family.

I don't have a problem with officers having an armored vehicle or even belt feds so long there is a justified reason for having it. I live in a little town where nothing happens that would justify having belt feds and armored vehicles. I would not be upset at the officers wanting or having them but I would be a little upset because my taxes will go towards the use and maintenance of something we do not need rather than getting stuff the officers REALLY need. Every jurisdiction should have what they need but a lot of departments are confusing wants with needs or just taking stuff because it was "free". And at least in my jurisdiction the administration is choosing their wants over their officer's needs. Officers in my jurisdiction are still being issued vests from the early 90's. They are wrapped in duct tape to keep them in one piece so I would hope officers get what they need before the department gets an armored vehicle they have to pay to maintain. They do have an armored HMMWV but that is driven around and used as the personal vehicle.

I'm all in favor of the police having anything they need. As long as it's also available to citizens.
Passage of the 1986 FOPA was the first time in US history that citizens were forbidden from having weapons that were standard issue to a soldier.
  • Like 1

The FSD shoot is to raise money for Toys for Tots.  It's not a LE sanctioned or demonstration.  I can assure everyone here none of these weapons are owned by any LE agency nor would they sponsor any such event... that, you can definitely thank the media for. 

We do hope to raise money for a good cause and let you folks shoot some guns you might not have had an opportunity to shoot before.  None of us backing this are pocketing a cent from it.  On top of that I'm sure it's going to cost us all several thousand in maintenance after the shoot.  These things are not cheap to keep running and I'm not talking about the ammo. 

But come on JR, not you too ;o) .. et tu Brute ;o) ... As far as to why... I have to ask why not? We all remember the BOA robbery in LA with the full autos and the police were outgunned for over an hour?  They were outgunned because of the touchy feely media pressure.  You are correct though, the media has every department on their toes and under normal circumstances most of this weaponry would not be needed.  Our SWAT only has a few select fire weapons but we ourselves have been in a few shootings recently where our deputies did not even have patrol rifles.  Just by fate backup arrived who did and ended the firefight and we went home.  I can tell you  It's a daunting task to engage someone with a rifle, even a deer rifle and all you have is a G22.  Is a 240B or SAW needed, 99.9% of the time heck no... I hope and pray they're never needed but at the same time I see nothing wrong with any agency being prepared.  You don't normally need a sledgehammer to drive a thumbtack but if you show up and there's a railroad tie that needs hammering would be nice to have that sledgehammer.  The same media that looks at that boat or any of our guns and says why would also be the one when 50 people are killed by some jacked up meth head with an arsenal at his disposal asking why we were not prepared for the worse.  You can't win with these jerks and I for one don't waste an ounce of worry on what our leader thinks is too much... when he walks around without his secret service detail armed to the tee then he can throw stones at us. 

We ARE responsible for every round that leaves any of our weapons and every officer knows that.  Given this, media or not, I would never expect any LE agency, border or not, to roll up onto any public demonstration anywhere (not just TN) with a MRAP mounted with LMGs.  Same token though, I'm sure the THP doesn't fire up the boat above when they want to check to be sure folks fishing licenses are up to date... these weapons have specific purposes and would be used in special circumstances.  I'm sure Ferguson had much more firepower than they showed up with... but their officers riding up in MRAP with the crowd throwing rocks and god knows what, I don't see any harm in that at all.  My media rant is why should those in charge of order be concerned with how they look when they're up against people who clearly have no issue with disobeying the laws.... The first level of force in any situation is officer presence... Hopefully that alone discourages most the rift raft... But even when THP boat is just being trailered down the interstate, it's serving a purpose in my mind...if nothing more it says don't start nothing, won't be nothing!

I dig the bravos too!  little jealous, would love to drop that sucker in at Watts Bar ;o)

I meant no disrespect at all, and I would have laugh my azz of off with the just because we can comment... Trust me I have nothing but praise for LE, in fact I've shot FA with local LE's a couple times, its still funny that some officers believe that FA is illegal in civilian hands, one officer was going to call his Sargent to confirm but I showed him my get out of jail card and we laughed.
The LA bank robbery is a perfect example of LE out gunned but I think it would be suicide to use a BF in that situation.
Again I'm not picking on MG's at all they have a defenent purpose for LE.

I wish you and FSD the best on your shoot, I wish you were closer and on a Saturday.

I meant no disrespect at all, and I would have laugh my azz of off with the just because we can comment... Trust me I have nothing but praise for LE, in fact I've shot FA with local LE's a couple times, its still funny that some officers believe that FA is illegal in civilian hands, one officer was going to call his Sargent to confirm but I showed him my get out of jail card and we laughed.
The LA bank robbery is a perfect example of LE out gunned but I think it would be suicide to use a BF in that situation.
Again I'm not picking on MG's at all they have a defenent purpose for LE.

I wish you and FSD the best on your shoot, I wish you were closer and on a Saturday.

;o) I know, just poking back at ya ..come on down and make it .. should be epic ;o)

I'm all in favor of the police having anything they need. As long as it's also available to citizens.
Passage of the 1986 FOPA was the first time in US history that citizens were forbidden from having weapons that were standard issue to a soldier.

agree 100%.  May 19, 1986 was a huge blow to 2nd amendment ..