Carry position while riding in vehicle

Guest JLowe

Guest canynracer
Worrying about a LEO wetting his/her pants when they see my lawfully carried firearm is secondary to my own personal safety. If I can't get to my firearm quickly and easily while sitting in my car, it is useless to me.

werd

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi,

i took an old nylon/cordex holster with the mag pouch and attached it with the standard belt clip to the plastic shield at the base of the drivers inside seat belt in my work van. since this part is stationary it remains in ideal position at all times.

that places it a few inches below the seat level and just at arms reach. -- also out of sight.

being an inexpensive fits-all type holster, i have the option to use any number of different guns plus a spare mag.

its convenient, hidden and very easy to get to without even moving your body. --- WORKS FOR ME !

best wishes to everyone for a merry christmas,:D

bob

• 3 months later...
Guest AeroEngrSoftDevMBA

I usually wear on IWB Crossbreed Supertuck and while it works great most of the time, it forces the grip of the gun right into my side/back when sitting in my car seat. And with seat belt on it wouldn't be accessible anyway.

So I did the following. I started with a left handed kydex Uncle Mike's paddle holster. I used a dremel to get rid of the two belt clips and also to drill four holes in the appropriate spots for bolts. Then I removed the plastic piece of the console that sits next to my right knee and bolted the paddle holster in. Then I put the console back together.

The gun sits right next to my right knee, is very accessible, and to be honest, just looks cool.

Guest TackleberryTom

Well, when riding my goldwing it is OWB on the hip. Long trips in a caged vehicle I will utilize the mall ninja tactical thigh holster. Thigh holster is easy to get to and comfortable while driving.

+1 For cross draw as well. I used to do the squeeze in between seat console thing but I just can't stand the idea of a loose gun in the car. Plus I want it on my person in case of a quick bail out and if someone does get the drop on me while I'm alone and they just want my car...they can have it and I'll still have my gun. :rock:

I have a F-150 and the storage compartment in the door,holds a clip on holster nicely and ready avaible. Only drawback is weak hand draw but you can access weapon without much movement .

I have an F-150, and an expedition... the storage compartments on both work well a standard Fobus paddle holster. (Whoops! Did i just type Fobus?!?;)) Doesn't move a lot and teh paddle part seems to help stablize it a little.

I use it that way on really long trips sometimes. Like to Florida and stuff.

It's on my left ankle. The seat sits low, so my ankle can be reached rather easily. I kinda sit with my left heel directly in front of the seat a little to the right of center with my left knee leaning on the door panel. In something more truck-like, I dunno. I haven't crossed that bridge yet. I do appreciate the post about having the gun worn in the same reach spot as the seatbelt buckle.