Knoxville Gunshow Nov. 28th through 30th

Guest Jamesmb

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe I've 'bout seen enough with the last two here in Knoxville.

Georgia Arms isn't gonna be there, so there's not even that to go for.

- OS

They may not have enough to sell.They sold out on day one at the last couple they were at.

I am going today.Hope to trade off this 870.

Guest nraforlife
I believe I've 'bout seen enough with the last two here in Knoxville.

Georgia Arms isn't gonna be there, so there's not even that to go for.

- OS

+1. But do stop by the TNSG booth and say hello to the guys and gals there even if your not interested in joining.

Just got back from it.

One heck of a line to get in at 1 pm.

Situation inside was crowded right off the bat. Found no good deals on ammo, not that I expected too, saw a lot of ammo that was high priced. I got a relatively fair price on a handful of boxes of Wolf 7.62X39 from private seller. And a bag of some 7.62X54r with yellow tips from another table.

My "glad I went" find was a metal thingy to connect my two 30 round M1 mags together for $10 and a pair of milsurp long johns for 5 bucks, LOL.

I never found Spuds but did see the neandrathal looking guy he had described. I saw a guy selling cool milsurp (rifles, bayonets etc) stuff to the right of the door, I asked and he was not Spuds.

Big beef jerky display but sadly no beanie babies. I would have gone to CCA but I guessed I would find no M1 mag connector or long johns there :D I said hi to the TNSG guys but did not converse with them as they were talking to each other and another older gentleman. NRA guy looked bored out of his goard. Two guys outside selling AK's wanted over 600 each for them. I did not see any buyers. There was one old guy walking outside with a Mac 10 (?) with a sign saying "unfired, $1100" yikes!

But what the heck, it was only seven bucks to get in (with coupon) and I enjoyed my time there. would have liked it better if Ga. Arms was there.

Edited by Mike.357

You didn't miss much if you didn't make it today... I picked up some ammo and some strike hold, but thats it... I was hoping to pick up some .357 sig ammo from Ga Arms, but as previously stated, they were not in attendance...

Wish I had checked here yesterday... I was one of the dumb asses that showed up at 9 am... I wasn't alone... :D

We've seen the usual 'gun show' traffic here today, most were disappointed at what was being offered, as usual.

But many were happy to see the cases of 7.62x39 ammo we had piled up for sale. And still no cover charge!

Did CCA have a sign up or anything? Probably walked by several times without knowing on my quest for GUNS which seemed to be in short supply. By guns I mean mil-surp eye candy. That's kinda my thing.

For some odd reason I decided that I needed a little Kahr CW9. That came home with me.

There were alot of empty tables. Will there be more tomorrow?

J Smith, good talkin' to ya in line.

jwp said

most were disappointed

I tell you, you are right on with that comment. Not that I am a gunshow expert but it really was a let down. Lots of empty tables. Really compared to the Expo Center the Jacobs Building is a dump. don't know that I would be inclined to go back there.

I only saw a few boxes of way overpriced .30 Cal carbine ammo. Which was what I was hoping to find. Well not hoping to find overpriced .30 cal ammo, but rather some bulk packed in a price I expected to pay.

Edited by Mike.357

Good to talk to you too Garufa.

I must say that the show was better than the last few I went to.

I found one Pmag for 20.00 and traded my 870 for a Ruger 22/45.My dad found two PMI mini 14 mags for 40.00 each.I heard that all those empty tables will be full tomorrow,wish I could go back but I got to work.

Last time I saw ammo being rolled out like it was today was the show in Nov of 1999.

Oh,worst deal I saw there was 200 rds .223 for 239.95.

I only saw a few boxes of way overpriced .30 Cal carbine ammo. Which was what I was hoping to find. Well not hoping to find overpriced .30 cal ammo, but rather some bulk packed in a price I expected to pay.

Wish I knew you were looking for some,I saw a bag of 50 on a table for 20.00.

Edited by J Smith
I never found Spuds but did see the neandrathal looking guy he had described. I saw a guy selling cool milsurp (rifles, bayonets etc) stuff to the right of the door, I asked and he was not Spuds.

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/showpost.php?p=191296&postcount=7

Note that "Saturday only" means "not Friday, not Sunday."

Spuds was attending the Tennessee Militaria Collectors Association fall show in Franklin today. 3 hours over, 4 hours there, 3 hours back. Ready to :)