I saw a good post on confiscation today

I was reading an article on the American Thinker today and saw a reply by someone that made a lot of sense. To me anyway. They seemed to make some really good points. Here it is:

Think the Bundy Ranch in Nevada on a national scale. A move to confiscate would be disastrous to those on both sides and the populace in general. There's millions of trained folks with combat training and experience in the general population that could lead millions more of civilians with the fortitude and willingness to fight, and give their lives if need be, to ensure the freedom and future of their children. Connecticut thought it would be easy, yet less than 20% of gun owners complied with their confiscation law including 60% of police officers. Here is what Sen. Tony Guglielmo, R-Stafford, the ranking GOP senator on the legislature's public safety committee said, "I honestly thought from my own standpoint that the vast majority would register, If you pass laws that people have no respect for and they don't follow them, then you have a real problem.". The 2nd Amendment was considered by the framers of our Constitution, and even now by most Americans, to be the ultimate amendment placed there for the protection of the entire Constitution. Without it, the Constitution and our freedom could and eventually would be destroyed by a zealous government. Millions of people in this country have always considered that something worthy to fight for by any means and to die for in foreign countries. How much more is this true to fight for on their own soil? Surely most of those within our government realizes this. I surely do hope so. Confiscation of our means of self defense and the defense of our people from tyranny is a true Pandora's Box on a national scale.

• Like 2

This partly explains why the VA is so adamant about getting as many Vets as possible on drugs. Particularly pain killers.

It's easy to write off an addicted vet as "incompetent" and then remove their weapons from their possession.

• Like 3

Not only the pills, but the question concerning whether the vet or someone else is handling their financial affairs. There's no way this is not laying the groundwork for for a possible ruling of incompetence along with confiscation of firearms.

I am a Vet and I have never walked through the doors of a VA hospital and never will. I have always paid for insurance for my medical bills for myself and my family. I have no use for anything the Federal Government has to offer me that I did not pay for or into first and they are looking for ways to screw me along with millions of other Americans out of their Social Security. They stole all the funds out of it and use them on pet projects. When Social Security laws were handed down it stated that no one except Social Security recipients were to receive funds from it. All that's left in the account are useless IOU's that no politician intends on paying back. If they ever sent me pain pills via UPS or any other carrier I would refuse them and make the driver take them back................... :mad:   

• Like 3

Personally, that statement by Tony Guglielmo should ring a bell with these people that think they can just pass a law and everyone will bow down. This is the statement that I read that really nailed my thoughts:

Millions of people in this country have always considered that (the Constitution) something worthy to fight for by any means and to die for in foreign countries. How much more is this true to fight for on their own soil?

Edited by Randall53
  • Like 4