Anybody go to Discount Tire? I did......

gregintenn

A while back, I bought a set of tires on the classifieds here that used to belong to David. On the way home, I stopped at Discount tire in Lebanon to ask how much they'd charge to mount and balance them. Their price was high, so I said thanks and started out the door. The salesman stopped me asd asked what I'd pay. I told him what I could have it done for locally, and he invited me back in for them to do it at the same price.

Well, they did a great job, and were very nice and professional. I remembered that. Last week, I was looking for a set of tires for my son's truck as a birthday present. After pricing tires, I ordered a set from the Gallatin location. I went to have them installed today, and after pricing some trailer tires, I pulled my trailer with me, and bought tires for it as well. Again, I was met with the most friendly and professional people you'll find.

Also, I can't find anywhere to beat their prices. I'll be dealing with this place until something changes.

I like to read about good experiences with local businesses, and thought I'd share one. If you need tires, this is a great place to go. :up: :up:

• Like 9
I've bought tires there several times for 2 cars. Never have been unhappy. Always friendly, quick service. I also take advantage of the lifetime FREE rotate/balance every several thousand miles. I use the Mt. Juliet location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I had a great experience at the one in clarksville when I still had my Subaru. They where the only local place that had the tires I wanted for a decent price. I told them what tires I wanted and what I wanted to pay, and they got me really close to that price after taxes. No complaints here.

Am a discount tire fanboy.  Every set of tires now come from there.  If you guy a lot of tires, get their store credit card, they have a lot of specials where they give an extra $60 or $70 in rebates just for using it.  You can also bargain with them, do some searching on tirerack.com (usually the cheapest price per tire - not counting shipping and install etc).  Tell the people at discount tire you'll by the road hazard warranty if they price match tirerack's base tire price, they usually will and you'll end up getting an additional discount + whatever rebates they have going on through the manufacturers + the store card rebates.

There was another thread from the labor day sale where I mentioned I got a set of 4wd truck tires for right at $600, then got $135 in prepaid credit cards as part of a double rebate thing.  $465 total cost in the end.

Great store to work with, and all of the locations seem to be willing to work the same kind of deals with you.

• Like 1

Discount in Gallatin put two or three sets on my work truck, put a set on our Subaru and on the horse trailer. I've always been happy with them. I almost replaced the tires on my flatbed trailer before heading west with it, but I didn't. Rolled the dice, had two blowouts and ended up buying tires at a WalMart in Missouri. Should've gone to Discount first. 

They seem to have their stuff together as a chain. The Discount Tire in Cheyenne, Wyo called me today to tell me the tires they ordered for my work truck are in and I can come by to have them put on. Super nice people and great to work with, even dealing with the oddball tires this thing has to have. 

They just opened a location here in Smyrna. I've been pretty loyal to Lavergne Tire, because they've treated me well over the last 10 years, but I'm not above saving a buck. If it's a significant savings, I'll give somebody new a shot at business next time.

Well, they did a great job, and were very nice and professional. I remembered that. Last week, I was looking for a set of tires for my son's truck as a birthday present. After pricing tires, I ordered a set from the Gallatin location...

I like to read about good experiences with local businesses, and thought I'd share one. If you need tires, this is a great place to go. :up: :up:

Chris and... John, I think... are gunny's, too. They frequent the shop in Gallatin. Good guys that take care of fellow 2nd supporters.

I have bought 5 sets from Discount Tire (not to be confused with Tire Discounters, who seem to usually carry off-brand tires more than the good stuff) in Smyrna and have been more than happy each time. They also do all my tire rotations and have fixed 3 flats for me. They provide those services free of charge to anyone, regardless of where you purchased your tires.

On one particular occasion I wanted a specific tire for an upcoming road trip. The closest store that had it in stock was in Texas. We had already agreed on a price when they realized they would have to get them here via 2 day shipping. They honored the price we agreed upon and ate the additional expense.

I have bought 3 sets of tires from the Gallatin location plus Boat trailer tires and took 2 of my Grandsons up there for them to get tires and we all got free rotate and balance for life of tires and I can go there anytime and they will check tire inflation for correct amount. Always friendly folks that stumble over themselves trying to serve folks. I will continue doing business with them and recommend them to anyone looking for tires.................. :up:  :up: 

• Like 1

Discount Tire is the only place I ever bought tires from that got the blue coating off the tires and cleaned them up. I hate cleaning off that coating on new tires. Sometimes the little things go a long way and the price was good. I'll definitely go back. 

So they have an online store to that will deliver tires to your house.  So I priced the set I wanted, free shipping, no tax, $40 online discount, and $50 FJ Cruiser Forum discount.  I would still have to pay installation and disposal fee.  So I called Discount Tire in Cool Springs and he matched the price with all the discounts and tax everything included.  I ended up saving $20 out-the-door over the online price including installation.  So they called me when the tires came in.  I went on a Saturday, the store was packed.  They were all happy and smiles, friendly greeting.  I thought, "this will take forever".....45 mins, all 5 (rear spare) mounted, balanced, ready to go.  I will definitely be a return customer.  

• Like 1
I had one issue a few years ago. They ordered in some Michelin PS2's and it turned out they were very short dated. Tire rubber starts aging as soon as they come off the production line. The manager told me there was nothing they could do about it.

Long story short - I called Michelin's corporate office and they immediately drop shipped four freshly dated tires from the factory! And covered the reinstall at Discount Tire. The Discount Tire manager was not very courteous on my return but it got done. THANK YOU MICHELIN!

It really does pay to check the age code on your tires. Each manufacturer's code is available online.
  • Like 2
I'm a DT fan as well, using them for maintenance on my tires I got well over 75k on michelins I ran on my Tahoe w zero issues. Only store I don't like is rivergate. They tried to bs me on a tire sale that was same as what I always paid at the franklin store next to everything weapons...all good though beats what fryer stone or bad year wants to nail u for
The first time I walked into a Discount Tire, I looked through the big window into the shop and thought there was a fire somewhere. Never been in a shop where the guys moved that fast! It really caught me off guard, some were literally jogging to the next job as the remaining team member lowered the job he'd just finished. I knew right there that I liked their style. Great prices on top of everything else.

The first time I walked into a Discount Tire, I looked through the big window into the shop and thought there was a fire somewhere. Never been in a shop where the guys moved that fast! It really caught me off guard, some were literally jogging to the next job as the remaining team member lowered the job he'd just finished. I knew right there that I liked their style. Great prices on top of everything else.

I've witnessed the same thing to the point, I'm thinking, "hey slow down on my car". I'm not in that big a hurry since I want the install to be done correctly, not how fast it can be done.

they patched tires on two of my vehicles. tires which I did not buy there as they were on the vehicles when I got them. never charged a penny either time. You bet I went back there when I needed tires on both vehicles. It was about $1500. I'd say those patch jobs paid off. 

You guys should either drop a line to corporate or copy this thread to them. Nothing better in retail than customer attaboys! I'm sure the shop manager and crew would appreciate it.

I've called in to their customer service line to let them know how pleasant it is to do business with them. They're fast and very courteous. Great business model and will retain my business.

Thought the same thing years back, & can't remember if someone here mentioned it or where the info came from, but their employees work on a profit-sharing model.  That's why they move so fast.  Their employees will never slow down.

Hell, about 2 years ago I was at the store near old hickory and nolensville rd. The guy at the counter had a bunch of scars on this hand and we started comparing scars/war stories, he said he worked late one night, got in an accident on the way home & was messed up pretty bad.  The president of the company found out about it and flew a top notch hand surgeon out to the guy and assist with the surgery while he was in the hospital.  What says more about them, is that they don't go around bragging about that kind of thing, if the employee didn't tell people, very few would ever know.

Sounds like they really invest in their employees.

• Like 3

I've bought at least 1/2 a dozen sets of tires from them, always top notch service.  My old boss became a customer when I had a flat on my company truck and they fixed it for free, he bought a $1200 set of tires for that truck from them a couple of months later.  Plus the one in Mt. Juliet is across the street from Gander Mountain which is more or less my second home.