Anybody go to Discount Tire? I did......

gregintenn

Anyone had any issues with getting the rebate back from discount tire? I am looking at taking advantage of their $75 back when you buy 4, and $60 rebate from their credit card offer for Black Friday. Since Sams Club won't match them (due to DT not giving out paper quotes), I have to go through a little hassle at DT, but it will save over $50. Plus, I don't have to deal with Sams Club tire center (calling them slow would be far to generous.)

• Like 1

Anyone had any issues with getting the rebate back from discount tire? I am looking at taking advantage of their $75 back when you buy 4, and $60 rebate from their credit card offer for Black Friday. Since Sams Club won't match them (due to DT not giving out paper quotes), I have to go through a little hassle at DT, but it will save over $50. Plus, I don't have to deal with Sams Club tire center (calling them slow would be far to generous.)

I got a rebate gift card from them. It took about 3 weeks I think.

A couple of weekends ago I had a puncture in a tire that could not be repaired. It was a Cooper CS4 that I didn’t know at the time had been discontinued. I was out going to places and couldn’t believe that some tire stores were closed on Saturday. I bought the tires at Sears but they didn’t have them in stock, they said they could order it. I needed it that day. The wife was calling around and called Discount Tire, they told her they could order it and when she told them I needed it that day; they told her to tell me to come in and they would put a used tire on that would be safe until the new tire came in; that’s what they did.

Tires are like guns to me; I know what I want and it’s just a matter of finding the best price on that particular item. I replace my tires every 50K, so next time I will find out if they have the best price.

They told me on Saturday the tire would be there Wednesday; it didn’t come in until the following Monday. That pissed me off a little until I found out it was discontinued; so I guess that’s okay.
  • Like 2

If they carry the tire, they'll match whatever price you find.

Always check tire rack.  They are about the cheapest around, tell the store that if they match tire rack, that you'll buy the road hazard warranty thing.  It almost always comes out cheaper in the end total + you have the hazard warranty on top.

No issues here, I did the same thing and had both rebate cards in the mail within 2 weeks.  I do pay off the card balance in full within a day or two after using it, not sure if that makes a difference or not.

I called them to see if they had in stock the tire that I wanted. They didn't have it in stock so the guy offered me a more expensive version of the same brand for the price of the cheaper tire...that and the fast service when I got there sold me on them.

So I went to discount tire and got tires this morning. Was pretty impressed with the whole experience. It was certainly miles better than sams club, and at a better price. At 10:00 AM was able to get in and out with new tires in under 40 minutes. That's pretty fast in my book considering it included filling out paperwork.

The only thing I have a question about is that I didn't get any paperwork for doing the rebates. There is a $75 one on my tires for black friday and it's listed on my invoice as "Multi-level rebate online/mail-in 11/27/15-11/30/15" but it doesn't give any more info than that and no other docs were included. There's no other info on their website other than that there are black friday rebates. There was also $60 rebate if I used my DT credit card, which I opened an account while at the store. Does anyone know if this is an auto rebate, or do I have to fill out stuff for it?

So I went to discount tire and got tires this morning. Was pretty impressed with the whole experience. It was certainly miles better than sams club, and at a better price. At 10:00 AM was able to get in and out with new tires in under 40 minutes. That's pretty fast in my book considering it included filling out paperwork.

The only thing I have a question about is that I didn't get any paperwork for doing the rebates. There is a $75 one on my tires for black friday and it's listed on my invoice as "Multi-level rebate online/mail-in 11/27/15-11/30/15" but it doesn't give any more info than that and no other docs were included. There's no other info on their website other than that there are black friday rebates. There was also $60 rebate if I used my DT credit card, which I opened an account while at the store. Does anyone know if this is an auto rebate, or do I have to fill out stuff for it?

Not sure. I applied for my rebate online. I think everything I needed was on the receipt.

https://at.rebatepromotions.com/

I filled out the required info here.

Don't believe there are any "auto-rebates." I would just swing back by and ask. There's probably a note pad with tear-off rebate forms in a drawer somewhere there and they just forgot to give you one, OR there is a special website to visit which would be specific to that rebate campaign.

Yes,, online and in store......wish they would open a store in the Memphis area!!!!!!  Have a set of their Falken Rocky Mountains on my 4x4 now...love the tire except they knock about 5 mpg off mpg!!!  Had a set on the wife's trailblazer ext she was happy with them!

Yes,, online and in store......wish they would open a store in the Memphis area!!!!!!  Have a set of their Falken Rocky Mountains on my 4x4 now...love the tire except they knock about 5 mpg off mpg!!!  Had a set on the wife's trailblazer ext she was happy with them!

I believe there is one on Goodman road in Southaven, and I think there's going to be one built in Cordova.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Just got an email - they're having another sale this weekend:

Friday, February 12th and Saturday, February 13th, 2016 take advantage of these great offers at all Discount Tire locations.

$100 Visa® Prepaid Card:
• Any 4 Best Rated Tires installed
• Any 4 Wheels installed

$75 Visa® Prepaid Card:
• Any 4 Better Rated Tires installed

$25 Visa® Prepaid Card:
• Any 4 Good Rated Tires installed

email_getMoreSavingsBugDt.jpg
Use your Discount Tire Credit Card and save more on the above offers!
$60 Visa® Prepaid Card:
• Any 4 Tires
• Any 4 Wheels

• Like 1

Another BIG fan of DT.  I used to buy from the Springhill shop all the time. Always fast, great customer service and prices.  One time I was there watching them like usual and I noticed an employee with concern with my L/R lug nuts.  He called the service guy over who then proceeded to change my lug nuts without asking me first!  I was ready to give them the once over for changing my nuts without my permission (thinking how much this will cost) To my surprise he showed me the issue with the threads and promptly told me no charge sir.  I was blown away!  Only wish they would open a store in my new location.

Guess I'll being getting a set this weekend. I've bought two sets from the Spring Hill shop and these guys are good. They price matched the first set and have used them since. Free rotate on new rubber and fixed a nail hole for free.
  • Administrator

I'm going to be buying a set of 33 inch BFG KM2's soon. I'll definitely be going back to Discount Tire again. Hopefully I can catch them during one of their big sales. If not, it will still be a great price and great service.

Significant sale this weekend.

The thing is their prices can't be beat but they are the kind of shop that I would be willing to pay a little bit more to do business with because I know that they are going to do me right.  They are the only car related shop that I've dealt with that I am willing to send my wife to without worry that they are going to try to sell her something that she doesn't need.

My ex GF bought a set of Michelins for her Avalon. As you said, friendly, professional, reasonable, and fast service. Far as I know, no issues.

I have a good friend in Hartsville I get all my tire service from, but Discount would be my choice otherwise. If you are ever in HArtsville & need something, drop by Hartsville Alignment, tell I sent you. ( may charge more tho, LOL )