Two Shot During Reenactment of OK Corral Shootout in Tombstone, AZ

waynesan

Anybody on here ever been to Tombstone, AZ?

I've been to Arizona three times but never made it to Tombstone to see the reenactment at the OK Corral. It appears somebody really messed up with the props.

http://news.yahoo.com/two-hurt-live-bullets-used-arizona-old-west-182516204.html;_ylt=AwrC0CZQmDNWqzIAB9XQtDMD;_ylu=X3oDMTBydDI5cXVuBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwM2BHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzcg--

TUCSON, Ariz. (Reuters) - An actor and a woman in the crowd were shot with live bullets during a street reenactment of an Old West gunfight at a show in Arizona that was supposed to be using blanks, authorities said.

I went to Tombstone several years ago.  It is pretty touristy.   Kind of cool though at the same time.  Boot Hill was awesome. 

I don't recall the cost to see the OK Corral shootout but the entire place is fairly walled off from eyesight.  We did shoot six shooters with paintball bullets in some old timey looking store front.  It would have been real easy to slipped in a real round there.

I went to Tombstone several years ago.  It is pretty touristy.   Kind of cool though at the same time.  Boot Hill was awesome. 

I don't recall the cost to see the OK Corral shootout but the entire place is fairly walled off from eyesight.  We did shoot six shooters with paintball bullets in some old timey looking store front.  It would have been real easy to slipped in a real round there.

Not that it really matters, but this was one they do on the main street for free. You're right that the actual OK Corral is fenced off from view. I remember that before it started, they would shoot a beer can at point blank range with the blanks, which of course split the can wide open. It was a demonstration to make sure the public knew to stay on the boardwalks during the show. Even with blanks, there was still some danger if an idiot walked right in front of a cowboy as he was firing.

From the article:

"We have safety protocols, but obviously they aren't good enough," he said.

safety-first_o_971027.jpg

• Like 1