Is something in the air?

Another incident involving someone walking up on someone else has this time resulted in a shooting. From News Channel 5:

MURFREESBORO, Tenn. - A man has been taken to the hospital following a shooting during a road rage incident in Murfreesboro.

It happened just before noon at the intersection of Middle Tennessee Boulevard and South East Broad Street, and witnesses said the victim was a veteran.

The man witnesses said to be a former Marine, was driving a black infinity and stopped in the road to get out of his car and say something to the 22-year-old driver of a Volvo.

The 22-year-old fired one shot from inside his car, which hit the man in the stomach and exited through his side and hit his elbow.

A witness told NewsChannel 5 that the man asked the shooter, "why did you shoot me?" The driver responded by saying," you scared the [expletive] out of me."

The victim was LifeFlighted to Vanderbilt University Medical Center. The other driver was questioned by investigators then released.

The incident is under investigation. Anyone that witnessed the incident has been encouraged to call 615-893-2717 or Crime Stoppers at 615-893-7867.

Would need a lot more info on this one, but I would think that if the shooter was trapped, as in he was stuck in traffic and couldn't drive away, he could have been in reasonable fear in that moment.  I don't think I would be, unless someone is trying to pull me out of the car, but a female or a weak/old man may be in reasonable fear depending on the circumstances.  The former Marine certainly learned a lesson, didn't he?

Would need a lot more info on this one, but I would think that if the shooter was trapped, as in he was stuck in traffic and couldn't drive away, he could have been in reasonable fear in that moment. I don't think I would be, unless someone is trying to pull me out of the car, but a female or a weak/old man may be in reasonable fear depending on the circumstances. The former Marine certainly learned a lesson, didn't he?

+1.

A lot will go into this - I do not know how charging for something like this works but I assume it is because it was on the road in broad daylight.

We can quarterback this one all day, but my $0.02 is that if some dude is being a jackwagon on the road like cutting me off or tail gating me, then jumps out of his car and is coming towards me, I am not waiting to see if he wants to sell me cookies - I am blasting him.

I got a 8 month pregnant wife and am not letting some jackass near.

When I was working construction my dad and I were driving the work van and some jackass was tailgating us with his Charger through Harlem. At the next light on 2nd Ave he ran up, opened my door (passenger side) threatened to shoot us and then attempted to stab me afte I tried to kick him away. Only reason he failed is because my dad floored it in and sent homie rolling. If we werent living in a Commie state things would have ended poorly for him.
(I blame the seatbelt for not being able to administer a proper Spartan kick to the face)

Ive also been shot at in a car before, twice, and not work related - not fun. You dont have much time to react, so if someone is running towards my car all angry you best believe I am meeting him with overwhelming force.

Forum lawyers burn me if you must.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

+1.

A lot will go into this - I do not know how charging for something like this works but I assume it is because it was on the road in broad daylight.

We can quarterback this one all day, but my $0.02 is that if some dude is being a jackwagon on the road like cutting me off or tail gating me, then jumps out of his car and is coming towards me, I am not waiting to see if he wants to sell me cookies - I am blasting him.

I got a 8 month pregnant wife and am not letting some jackass near.

When I was working construction my dad and I were driving the work van and some jackass was tailgating us with his Charger through Harlem. At the next light on 2nd Ave he ran up, opened my door (passenger side) threatened to shoot us and then attempted to stab me afte I tried to kick him away. Only reason he failed is because my dad floored it in and sent homie rolling. If we werent living in a Commie state things would have ended poorly for him.
(I blame the seatbelt for not being able to administer a proper Spartan kick to the face)

Ive also been shot at in a car before, twice, and not work related - not fun. You dont have much time to react, so if someone is running towards my car all angry you best believe I am meeting him with overwhelming force.

Forum lawyers burn me if you must.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I don't think anyone will burn you over this. I think most would do the same thing or something similar. This day in time people must realize that many more people are legally carrying than say 10 years ago and if they even give a second thought to what they are doing they might not get shot. I will do what ever I need to if I feel my life is in danger of harm or death. That is called survival and normally is instinct to most people..............jmho 

• Like 2