Terror attack in France

Raoul

• Moderators

The federal government, which has " Tomahawk" cruise missiles and "Apache," "Black hawk," 'Kiowa" and "Lakota' helicopters - and used the code name "Geronimo" in the attack that killed Osama bin Laden, officially objects to the name of the Washington Redskins.

Really?

Off the subject, but what hasn't been off the subject in this thread, but this is literally great.

Edited by CZ9MM
  • Like 3

so basically end of days is for however long someone want to reference it being?

Every side will have a difference answer.

Them people have been killing and fighting since the beginning of time.  It will never stop.

Edited by Mike.357
  • Like 2

so basically end of days is for however long someone want to reference it being?

Every side will have a difference answer.

Them people have been killing and fighting since the beginning of time.  It will never stop.

Remember, it says, "A thousand years is but a day..." So, it's only been two days since Jesus.

• Admin Team

The philosophers have it right. Only the dead have seen the end of war...

I'm about as religious as they come, but don't really get these "last days" conversations as anything other than a way for somebody who's selling something to make some money off of people who want to believe in something.  Religious profiteers, I guess?

That said, I'm a church of Christ guy who's looking forward to the start of Advent in a couple of weeks - so maybe the end times are at hand :)

• Like 2

Has everyone got their weapons cleaned and loaded?

While I realize this is rhetorical, answer is a resounding yes. Saw earlier that they've made a direct threat at NYC. But, who knows what threat to pay attention to at this point, that's what they want...fear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While I realize this is rhetorical, answer is a resounding yes. Saw earlier that they've made a direct threat at NYC. But, who knows what threat to pay attention to at this point, that's what they want...fear.

Seems to me it would be easier to pull this sort of stuff off, and create more general fear, by just hitting non-iconic towns around the country that are big enough where the perps wouldn't stick out like sore thumbs right off the bat but wouldn't necessarily have the defense capabilities of NYC, DC, and etc. -- like any of the hundreds with populations of say 75-200,000.  AnyWhereVille, USA.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 2

Seems to me it would be easier to pull this sort of stuff off, and create more general fear, by just hitting non-iconic towns around the country that are big enough where the perps wouldn't stick out like sore thumbs right off the bat but wouldn't necessarily have the defense capabilities of NYC, DC, and etc. -- like any of the hundreds with populations of say 75-200,000.  AnyWhereVille, USA.

- OS

Everyone is on alert and expecting NYC or DC, maybe Boston but a major attack in a city with lower security would be a surprise and probably rattle everyone more so. Hell, it can even happen in Chattanooga TN.

Seems to me it would be easier to pull this sort of stuff off, and create more general fear, by just hitting non-iconic towns around the country that are big enough where the perps wouldn't stick out like sore thumbs right off the bat but wouldn't necessarily have the defense capabilities of NYC, DC, and etc. -- like any of the hundreds with populations of say 75-200,000. AnyWhereVille, USA.

- OS

People are armed and will fight back in Anywhereville. They don't want that. They want a slaughter. Mark my words, this will happen in the states and it will be in gun free zones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

The sad thing is, even though it has been proven to happen in a place like Chattanooga, there has been very little change in security at many places around here.  I wrote my school board after the Chattanooga murders, and the chairman was still dismissive.

Part of the problem is that a rational person would realize that there are two ways to increase the safety at soft targets like malls and concerts--implement rigorous, Israeli-type screening using metal detectors, pat downs, profiling, cameras, and heavily-armed guards, or allow each citizen to provide for their own protection by allowing the carrying of weapons.  The former is too expensive, and the latter is too distasteful to many people.  Instead they adopt an attitude of, "it hasn't happened yet, so it probably won't happen at all."

I've gone through hypothetical scenarios in my mind that a terrorist might use, and the possibilities are wide.  Many people focus on the large cities, which is logical, but Chattanooga, Garland, Ft. Hood, Newtown, and others show that sometimes the targets are just conveniently located to the killers.  Why travel to New York when they could kill just as many kids at any local school?

• Like 3