Terror attack in France

Raoul

anyone with half a brain would figure they are here already.

Yeah, and that is the only thing that's really new, the radicalization/activation of existing citizen populations in first world countries.

We've had little individual touches of it, like Hassan at Ft. Hood and Abdulazeez in Nooga and etc, but not concerted efforts by multiple perps that yielded high body counts -- that's what may well be changing.

- OS

too late. some are already here.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/10/21/us/where-syrian-refugees-are-in-the-united-states.html?_r=0

look at the last sentence of the third paragraph. where was the armory that was robbed recently?

probably just coincidence, but makes you think.

Just to wrap up this loose end, we can hope that all criminals or potential terrorists are this dumb...

http://www.wcvb.com/news/man-arrested-in-worcester-armory-weapons-theft/36539670?utm_campaign=WCVB%20Channel%205%20Boston&utm_medium=FBPAGE&utm_source=Social

Just to wrap up this loose end, we can hope that all criminals or potential terrorists are this dumb...
http://www.wcvb.com/news/man-arrested-in-worcester-armory-weapons-theft/36539670?utm_campaign=WCVB%20Channel%205%20Boston&utm_medium=FBPAGE&utm_source=Social

saw that this afternoon. definitely not the brightest bulb.

happy to have that concern proven wrong.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/news/video-1230096/Incredible-moment-woman-survives-Paris-gunman-tries-shoot.html

If no one has posted this link yet, it is security footage of one of the Paris attacks - a cafe.

There are a lot of rounds that come in - fast.  ... and then when he goes in for the point blank, his AK doesn't fire, he walks away.  Lucky, lucky people.

-that said, it would be hell to try to return fire with that many rounds coming inbound.  

Edited by Peace
  • Like 1

http://​http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/news/video-1230096/Incredible-moment-woman-survives-Paris-gunman-tries-shoot.html

If no one has posted this link yet, it is security footage of one of the Paris attacks - a cafe.

There are a lot of rounds that come in - fast.  ... and then when he goes in for the point blank, his AK doesn't fire, he walks away.  Lucky, lucky people.

-that said, it would be hell to try to return fire with that many rounds coming inbound.  

You have extra http mess in that link, this will work:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/news/video-1230096/Incredible-moment-woman-survives-Paris-gunman-tries-shoot.html

Chilling all right. And maybe shows some of these folks weren't all that hip about clearing and keeping an AK running after all.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

so odd to me that someone who was about to shoot an innocent, unarmed woman - point blank, just shrugs and walks away when the rifle doesn't fire.  

I think it is likely he was out of ammunition, but still so odd, that he doesn't strike her, or make any other aggresive movement toward anyone.  

Does that puzzle anyone else?

so odd to me that someone who was about to shoot an innocent, unarmed woman - point blank, just shrugs and walks away when the rifle doesn't fire.  

I think it is likely he was out of ammunition, but still so odd, that he doesn't strike her, or make any other aggresive movement toward anyone.  

Does that puzzle anyone else?

That's why I wonder if most of these folks that hadn't been to Syria were "well trained" at all. The guy might have just run over to another on the team to get help with his AK.

But really, who knows.

- OS

That's why I wonder if most of these folks that hadn't been to Syria were "well trained" at all. The guy might have just run over to another on the team to get help with his AK.

But really, who knows.

- OS

Probably out of ammo. Bolt doesn't lock back on an AK, and they had certainly fired several mags by this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wingshooter, on 20 Nov 2015 - 06:14 AM, said:

There was some question whether they came in with refugees or if they were home-grown...

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/11/20/france-pm-says-paris-attacks-ringleader-used-migrant-crisis-to-get-into-country/It

It seems to predate the wave of immigrants, but was intertwined with Syria. Basically, well-connected local boy goes off and joins the war in ME to return home as a regional leader -  http://www.wsj.com/articles/alleged-mastermind-of-paris-attacks-was-emir-of-war-in-syria-1447907485

There was some question whether they came in with refugees or if they were home-grown...

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/11/20/france-pm-says-paris-attacks-ringleader-used-migrant-crisis-to-get-into-country/

They were home grown, including the ringleader, all French and Belgium nationals, except one so far. That includes the 20 or 30 more they've been rounding up with known or possible ties to the whole thing.  The story is how the few that were out of the country who were under the radar got back in without being noticed.

Hell, though I don't think she had participated that night in any role,  the woman that got blown up in the raid couple days ago was just a booze swilling party girl until just a few months ago, with no religious interest at all. Went from that to wearing the robe and veil damn near overnight. Just shows how quickly some can become radicalized if they are susceptible to begin with.

Her last words will likely not be immortalized as an ISIS battle cry however -- HE IS NOT MY BOYFRIEND!  Made me think of Frau Blücher. :)

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1

.... Highly unlikely that the attackers constructed the suicide vests ...

Don't think it's been mentioned that they seem to have the expert explosives maker.  All of 19 years old, French national, I guess a citizen, was born there anyway. (citizenship is a bit more complicated than just being born there, though most seem to be).

2E92E1BD00000578-3324186-image-a-9_14478

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3324186/Belgian-police-launch-hunt-suspected-bomb-maker-believe-suicide-vests-used-gunmen-Paris-attacks.html

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Don't think it's been mentioned that they seem to have the expert explosives maker.  All of 19 years old, French national, I guess a citizen, was born there anyway. (citizenship is a bit more complicated than just being born there, though most seem to be).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3324186/Belgian-police-launch-hunt-suspected-bomb-maker-believe-suicide-vests-used-gunmen-Paris-attacks.html

- OS

Should strap him into one of his own vests.

• Like 1

But really, who knows.

- OS

No, but it doesn't take much training to kill people who will not at least try to fight back some way, frozen in fear, the jihadist lost badly when they finally fought armed police. Classic example of the "un-successful" jihadist who chose the wrong train with 3 American military men on it. Now there's a lot of bad ass French military men but the general public are easy targets, not just France either. 

He would look at it as a victory, to be a "martyr." That's the hardest part about this enemy. They literally WANT to die. There's no "mutually assured destruction" hindrance.

I would be happy to help him achieve that, just let him know I've added bacon bits to the vest.

• Like 2

These nutjobs can rationalize anything. Incest, rape, bestiality, and pedophelia don't seem to be problems. So a little bacon thrown on top of that is just icing.

The bacon is more for the one's left behind, though I would hope his last thoughts would be doubts of his choice in deities.

I firmly believe our military should advertise all munitions are dipped in pork fat.

I ain't kidding.

Screw the Muzzies.  ( i am not sure who coined that word but I like it)   Until they go on air and vilify Muslim terrorists I believe that are all the same.

I don't know who this was but a guy spoke on one of the fake news networks and said something to the effect that you never hear anyone yell " Hooray Jesus" before killing people.

• Like 6

I firmly believe our military should advertise all munitions are dipped in pork fat.

I ain't kidding.

Screw the Muzzies.  ( i am not sure who coined that word but I like it)   Until they go on air and vilify Muslim terrorists I believe that are all the same.

I don't know who this was but a guy spoke on one of the fake news networks and said something to the effect that you never hear anyone yell " Hooray Jesus" before killing people.

Our leadership is so weak right now they cannot even call them terrorists half the time. And until we acknowledge who our enemies really are there is no way we can expect to defeat those enemies. Had our president not down played ISIS in the beginning maybe we would have done what was necessary in the beginning rather than sit back and watch them grow. Two years ago it would have been really easy to defeat ISIS but not now. ISIS will always be a threat in our lifetimes now and not because they are so good at being terrorists but because they have such a large following. They also enjoy strong financial support for other countries in the region. It was said that ISIS now has over two billion dollars stockpiled, more than Al Qaeda, Taliban or any other terrorist organization.

- OS

That surprises me but even so he learned from somewhere. He may have built them but very unlikely he is self taught, not a lot of trial an error when building suicide vests. But with that being said anyone with 1/2 a brain could build a deadly device for CHEAP. The most technical part of it is the way they initiate.

One of the cheapest and most effective explosives is sold at every gun show. And it is perfect because you can use gunfire, either yours or someone else's, to initiate it. Not that hard to strap a lethal amount to yourself either. Not going to go into great detail but it would be very, very easy for anyone to do.

I think I heard from some news source that these particular vests they were wearing was extremely volatile and also extremely unstable and even jumping up and down could set them off. I think they said some of the ingredients could be purchased in department stores and hardware stores. That would make them ever more accessible in my opinion. I agree with Dolo on the fact he was not self taught but taught by a bomb maker prior to his making them in France.................jmho

Our leadership is so weak right now they cannot even call them terrorists half the time. And until we acknowledge who our enemies really are there is no way we can expect to defeat those enemies. Had our president not down played ISIS in the beginning maybe we would have done what was necessary in the beginning rather than sit back and watch them grow. Two years ago it would have been really easy to defeat ISIS but not now. ISIS will always be a threat in our lifetimes now and not because they are so good at being terrorists but because they have such a large following. They also enjoy strong financial support for other countries in the region. It was said that ISIS now has over two billion dollars stockpiled, more than Al Qaeda, Taliban or any other terrorist organization.

That surprises me but even so he learned from somewhere. He may have built them but very unlikely he is self taught, not a lot of trial an error when building suicide vests. But with that being said anyone with 1/2 a brain could build a deadly device for CHEAP. The most technical part of it is the way they initiate.

One of the cheapest and most effective explosives is sold at every gun show. And it is perfect because you can use gunfire, either yours or someone else's, to initiate it. Not that hard to strap a lethal amount to yourself either. Not going to go into great detail but it would be very, very easy for anyone to do.

It takes too fast a round to set off those particular ingredients, you're better off with BP.  They would be fine with a blasting cap, but if you can get those you can get better ingredients as well. The thing is, ingredients  to make explosives are readily available which far supersede either of those choices to include nitroglycerin.  It's just that you have to have experience preparing these things, because mistakes are not very forgiving.  Look how effective those pressure cooker bombs were, and those were very unsophisticated.  

All or those pressure cooker explosive devices (not bombs - bombs fall from the sky) are mechanical explosions - BP and badly prepped ANFO are low velocity and the fragmentation is caused by overpressure.

The boston marathon was bush league. As are most of them. Losers

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk