Terror attack in France

Raoul

• Administrator

168 raids in Paris today.  It's a shame they let it get to this level but at least they are going after these people for real now.

It's a bit like aiming your shotgun behind the duck and expecting to bag him, but better late than never I guess.

• Like 2

Four state Governors banning Syrian refugees. Hope our's joins the group.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/16/world/paris-attacks-syrian-refugees-backlash/index.html

Wouldn't hold my breath. That would require Haslam to actually take a stand on something.

There may be some hope...temporarily:

http://www.wbir.com/story/news/2015/11/16/haslam-calls-for-suspension-of-syrian-refugee-placement-in-tn/75891908/

(WBIR) Gov. Bill Haslam said Monday he was [b]asking[/b] the federal government to suspend placements of Syrian refugees into Tennessee until U.S. states "can become more of a partner in the vetting process."

Asking??  For a second I thought he might have looked down his pants this morning and saw a pair but I guess not. 

• Like 1

As good a way to put it as any. I'm honestly surprised he even did that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He wont do anything unless he's pushed politically to do it, "asking" gives him the chickensh!t way out, make him seem to some like he actually did something. 

• Moderators
Devil's advocate here. Considering how the Feds handle the ingress/egress of people through the national borders and we have free movement throughout the states (no internal border checks at state borders) how exactly is any governor going to prevent the the settlement of refugees in their state? While they may prevent the utilization of state resources to aid their assimilation into local communities, I don't see how they can actually prevent settlement. It all smacks of political posturing to me more than anything else. It makes the 'Murica types pump their fists and go "hell yeah!" but doesn't actually mean anything.
  • Like 5

Devil's advocate here. Considering how the Feds handle the ingress/egress of people through the national borders and we have free movement throughout the states (no internal border checks at state borders) how exactly is any governor going to prevent the the settlement of refugees in their state? While they may prevent the utilization of state resources to aid their assimilation into local communities, I don't see how they can actually prevent settlement. It all smacks of political posturing to me more than anything else. It makes the 'Murica types pump their fists and go "hell yeah!" but doesn't actually mean anything.

Yep. What's Bill or any other guv gonna do, meet the federal immigration buses at the state line and fire on them?

And sure, after the fact, anyone with a green card can legally go anywhere he likes -- hell, realistically even total illegals can, eh?

I still say this whole hoopla is a drop in the bucket compared to the ongoing threat of radicalized second and third generation Muslim US nationals, regardless of what part of the world from which they originally immigrated. That one possible Syrian refugee kid in Paris didn't make that happen, it was all the French and Belgian citizens that did it.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1

Yep. What's Bill or any other guv gonna do, meet the federal immigration buses at the state line and fire on them?

And sure, after the fact, anyone with a green card can legally go anywhere he likes -- hell, realistically even total illegals can, eh?

I still say this whole hoopla is a drop in the bucket compared to the ongoing threat of radicalized second and third generation Muslim US nationals, regardless of what part of the world from which they originally immigrated. That one possible Syrian refugee kid in Paris didn't make that happen, it was all the French and Belgian citizens that did it.

- OS

No. 

If there were any good (real) men left in this country......they would fire on it.

But, there isn't.

And I ain't a martyr for a bunch of idiots. 

• Like 1

No.

If there were any good (real) men left in this country......they would fire on it.

But, there isn't.

And I ain't a martyr for a bunch of idiots.

Tell you what, you lead...I'm sure there's liable to be at least one more that'll follow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Edited by KKing

I tried to educate the Sheeple for many years, to alert them as to what was coming.

No, I got out of the herd.

Let them suffer.

If by "them" you're referring to those whom aren't willing to stand beside you in a firing line when the buses pull up...you're talking about basically everyone on this site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1