Sunday Chores

So while I could get angry and spew my thoughts about Paris, our new neighbors coming to NOLA and other things, I won't. Because it's Sunday. And Sunday means a lot of things to every one.

I'm personally excited because while meeting WarPig yesterday to buy 10mm ammo, I got 2 new Machetes. Just because. So I'm gonna test those out. Monkey and I then went to our LGS and purchased all the parts to FINALLY finish our TGO AR15 build. Because what? 2 years isn't long enough? It's gonna be rad once it's finished.

I'm gonna let him work on that while I change the oil in my truck. Once it warms up a bit.

It's gonna be a busy, dirty and fun day here at the House of Monkeys. Happy Sunday everyone. Edited by MrsMonkeyMan2500
  • Like 8

I wish I could say what happens in Paris stays in Paris but I and most TGOER's  know it will not. It will show up here sooner or later. All I can say is remain alert to your surroundings and stay armed. I try my best not to be anyplace where large crowds assemble and especially in GUN FREE ZONES...............jmho

• Like 1

I wish I could say what happens in Paris stays in Paris but I and most TGOER's  know it will not. It will show up here sooner or later. All I can say is remain alert to your surroundings and stay armed. I try my best not to be anyplace where large crowds assemble and especially in GUN FREE ZONES...............jmho

:) You must've read over the part where we're finally finishing the TGO AR-15 build from the upper and lower we got a few years back. My point was that we can rant and rave all day long but on a beautiful day like today, instead of dreading what's coming/could happen, we'll be together building a beautiful rifle and changing oil. That's all :)

Oh, and for anyone who read WarPig's feedback... we will for sure not kill you in a parking lot. I swear.  :rofl:

• Like 3
Your Sunday was more fun than mine. I finished painting and caulking the trim around my garage. Then I split and stacked about 2 ricks of firewood. Then I climbed on the roof to try to fix a leak that showed up the last time it poured. Glad to have that stuff done, but I'm pooped.

Well, I worked on the worlds smallest greenhouse again today. I'm also trying to set a world record on how long it takes to build one... Pretty sure it will be done before 2016 gets here... BY then, I may need to armor it instead of sheathing it in clear plastic...

• Like 1
I zero'd the rifle I'm taking to the deer woods after church, then had to come back home and drag a bunch of crap up into the attic that didn't sell in the family yard sale yesterday. Played with the dogs a little bit, cleaned up the garage some, not a bad day at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All I can say is Monkey is superman. He's done so much today and my AR is going to be incredible! I went with FDE/black cobmo. It's gonna be gorgeous!

Congrats on getting it done! I'm pondering over building another AR9 pistol. Actually, and in truth, I'm pondering over building my first one. lol

My current one I got from Smith, and I like it so much I got a little carried away and want to try one with a lower that uses Glock mags.

It may be a long term project like your rifle as well. So many other things to pay for before another gun/pistol/rifle.

Like more ammo, more mags, and living of course. That seems to take the most of my meager funds.

Congrats on getting it done! I'm pondering over building another AR9 pistol. Actually, and in truth, I'm pondering over building my first one. lol

My current one I got from Smith, and I like it so much I got a little carried away and want to try one with a lower that uses Glock mags.

It may be a long term project like your rifle as well. So many other things to pay for before another gun/pistol/rifle.

Like more ammo, more mags, and living of course. That seems to take the most of my meager funds.

Oh the dramadey of today! He was doing so good until he got to a certain point and realized they accidentally got the wrong part. But we put it together as much as possible and she's gonna be slick.

Bad part: You think you've accomplished your day then your husband says "umm what's this hole in Chiquita's chest?" Evidently something happened to our Shar Pei mix and she has an open wound on her chest. Luckily I had antibiotics here so we called the vet, gave meds and cleaned it and she's hostage in the bedroom tonight until I get her in with the vet first thing in the morning. I don't know how people have kids. It would kill me. Because I've been worried about her all night. You know, because she's suffering and sleeping on a tempurpedic.

Oh the dramadey of today! He was doing so good until he got to a certain point and realized they accidentally got the wrong part. But we put it together as much as possible and she's gonna be slick.

Bad part: You think you've accomplished your day then your husband says "umm what's this hole in Chiquita's chest?" Evidently something happened to our Shar Pei mix and she has an open wound on her chest. Luckily I had antibiotics here so we called the vet, gave meds and cleaned it and she's hostage in the bedroom tonight until I get her in with the vet first thing in the morning. I don't know how people have kids. It would kill me. Because I've been worried about her all night. You know, because she's suffering and sleeping on a tempurpedic.

I fully understand. Hope she's doing better today.

I spent Sunday walking the land around mom and dad's picking out a home site. We plan to break ground sometime next year on our first house and we will be doing so on family land

Sent from behind the anvil

That sounds awesome. We're happy with the "new" house but we would love more land. We'd love to buy a huge chunk next to us from the gentleman that owns it. That might prove a tad difficult. But we're still going to give it a shot. I would love to have "family" land. Our 3'ish acres don't meet that requirement.