Remembered why we like the TSC in Leabanon

none

So we getting ready for the South's version of winter. So we are cleaning up the homestead fixing fences etc. Today we decided to make our run for a a pallet of wood pellets. We were checking out and my wife said to the cashier were hoping for the annual 10% off coupon to come out looks like we missed it this year. The cashier said a lot of people are stealing them out of peoples mailboxes. Then she says to my wife my truck is the red one with the dented door here is my keys I have a few in my truck your welcome to one. Wow talk about a nice thing to do.

Then when the yard girl was loading the pallet she caught the underside of the bed liner with the forks and messed it up a bit. She was really upset and said the store would take care of replacing it for us.

We let her know that would hardly be necessary we were wanting to take it out anyway. Maybe customer service has not gone away completely. Edited by wcd
  • Like 10

They've all been nice anytime I've shopped there. I can pretty much say I find that to be the case in most any TSC store.

Same here. I've always had a good experience, even at the one near our house in Florida.

Yesterday I saw a guy open carry while at Tractor Supply and I couldn't help but think how great it is to be back in Tennessee.

• Like 3

Same here. I've always had a good experience, even at the one near our house in Florida.

Yesterday I saw a guy open carry while at Tractor Supply and I couldn't help but think how great it is to be back in Tennessee.

Florida is a nice place to visit, but you're right: it's great to be in Tennessee!

• Like 2

TSC is expanding big time, three new stores are opening in Wyoming and northern Colorado.

Closest one to me is a two hour drive. Service is good at the four I've been to out here though.

Wow. You've moved? I missed that. Yeah, it's real important that I know this. lol 

But congrats on the change of scenery. How do you like it so far? Ready for the cold winters?

And most importantly, have you visited the Red Pony Café yet?

If you know what I'm talking about, that's great. If not, are you familiar with the show Longmire? I believe it is still filmed in Wyoming. Not sure of the area though.

If you like to read, you might check it out. Stories by Craig Johnson, a native of Wyoming. Good stuff.

• Like 1

Love the TSC here in the 'Boro, but the last time in there the manager turned out to be a real problem.

Needed a spark plug for my sons weed eater. Took the old one in. No matching plug on the wall. The manager comes over and says"Let me see it". Then he starts holding it up to each of the plugs on the wall and "eyeballing" it. Pulls one down and said here ya go. When I asked him to look it up and see what the correct one was he told me that Champion doesn't supply them a cross reference book anymore and this is the way they do it. I took the new plug home and of course, it didn't fit! Took it back and complained to him and he refunded my money, but I still had to make two trips and still didn't have a new plug.

• Like 1

TSC is a good company.  I worked for them right out of college and managed a couple of their stores.  One of the best things they did was make every corporate employee, including the president, work in a store one week every year.  They wanted to make sure everybody in corporate new what it was like to work in a store so they would understand better how to help the stores.  It is fun making VP's stack feed.

• Like 2

Wow. You've moved? I missed that. Yeah, it's real important that I know this. lol 

But congrats on the change of scenery. How do you like it so far? Ready for the cold winters?

And most importantly, have you visited the Red Pony Café yet?

If you know what I'm talking about, that's great. If not, are you familiar with the show Longmire? I believe it is still filmed in Wyoming. Not sure of the area though.

If you like to read, you might check it out. Stories by Craig Johnson, a native of Wyoming. Good stuff.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Longmire is filmed in New Mexico.

Customer Service isn’t gone totally; unfortunately it’s getting harder to find employee’s that have those traits. You found two at one store. I think it has more to do with those individuals and less to do with Tractor Supply.

Agreed. I sent corporarate a nice email expressing how we appreciated their friendly staff.
  • Like 1

Agreed. I sent corporarate a nice email expressing how we appreciated their friendly staff.

This is something we all need to do more often. Management hears daily about where they've screwed up. It would be beneficial to let them know they're doing something right on occasion as well.

I have never had a bad experience at any TSC store and the one here in Gallatin goes out of their way to help every way they can. I buy all my critter food there and they load it for me.One of the guys that loaded my jeep with the foods noticed I have a handicap license plate on my jeep and he said from now on when you come into the store you ask a store member to help to not only carry out but help with putting the food bags in your buggy and I tried that and they were more than glad to help.

I was kind of upset when they cut George Strait from their commercials after about 5 years. I did enjoy his commercials which is rare for me to enjoy very many commercials.............. :up:

This summer I bought a 1500 gallon poly tank for harvesting rainwater. It took a couple days to come in and when they called it was already evening time. I backed my trailer up to the loading dock and went inside to let them know I was there. A young lady (guessing 18-19) verified my receipt and told me she would get the manager to help load it.

About the time I got to my truck I saw the tank rolling inside the fence towards the gate. I quickly pulled my truck up to the gate and asked her where the forklift was. She said the manager was in the restroom with the key and didn't want to hold me up so she went out, tilted it on its side and headed to the gate.

We pushed it up on the trailer and I thanked her for her help.

I know these things don't weigh a ton but they are ungainly to move around by oneself. This young lady was maybe 4'10" and if she'd been wearing 2 sets of thick wool clothing she might have weighed 100#'s when standing in a hurricane.

She had a problem, resolved the problem and thanked me for my business and went back to work.

Every time I hear some crotchety old man like me make a comment about how worthless today's kids are I think about this young lady and smile to myself. There is at least one young adult bopping through life totally deserving to be here...

Mark