TGO Protech Magic Official thread CLOSED

Actually I talked Dave into trying to put a TGO symbol on the clips, if it works out it will be small but cool,
Once a sample is done, I will post pictures

I know the OEM clips on these do not have a lot of surface area but thought but I would mention it anyway. If it works out good if not maybe an after market clip with more surface area to work with may be an option? Thanks for trying and with or without I'm certain this will be my new favorite EDC knife.

I know the OEM clips on these do not have a lot of surface area but thought but I would mention it anyway. If it works out good if not maybe an after market clip with more surface area to work with may be an option? Thanks for trying and with or without I'm certain this will be my new favorite EDC knife.

It should work out, again it will be small but cool hopefully, you will love this knife and the way the deep carry clip keeps it, it is actually one of my reasons that this has became my favorite ProTech knife model
  • Like 2
Guys,

On this Run only one more Damascus blade will be offered, XRustyx and myself have the first two and at my price it will add $240.00 to the knife making it $480.00 shipped, and while I know $480.00 is a lot of money, I assure you that you will not find a BR1 Carbon Fiber Damascus bladed knife that cheap anywhere

If more than one person wants it, I will give it to someone who has bought every TGO knife and is also a Benefactor Edited by willis68
  • Like 1
Guys,

There is a possibility Dave will let me have 2 more Damascus blades, I have already PM'd Tnhawk and offered him one, if he takes it one more may possibly be offered if Dave is good with it, so if you want it let me know
$480.00 shipped

And if Tnhawk declines there will be 2 more
  • Like 1
Gentlemen,

I have asked Dave to allow me to have a maximum 5 Damascus blades on this run, and he agreed there will be at least 1 more available and if Tnhawk declines the offer I gave him, 2 more again the price is $480.00 shipped

Protech normally saves the blades for the High End stainless steel custom knives, Dave has been so kind to me for offering this blade on cheaper models, I promise you this will be the only chance to get one this cheap you will ever find Edited by willis68
  • Like 1

Gentlemen,
I have asked Dave to allow me to have a maximum 5 Damascus blades on this run, and he agreed there will be at least 1 more available and if Tnhawk declines the offer I gave him, 2 more again the price is $480.00 shipped
Protech normally saves the blades for the High End stainless steel custom knives, Dave has been so kind to me for offering this blade on cheaper models, I promise you this will be the only chance to get one this cheap you will ever find

I would like to have it if stil available.
  • Like 1
Gentlemen,

I am not kidding here, when I was at Bladeshow last year and met Dave for the first time, I asked for him to pull out his carry knife for me to look at, he handed me a aluminum framed Carbon Fiber Chad Nichols Damascus bladed BR1 knife.

I asked him if I could do a TGO run like that and he said NO, those blades were reserved for his High End custom knifes, but since he was the owner of the company, that was his knife,

So when I decided to do this run he allowed me 3, one for myself and 2 others, I sent messages to two of my best customers on here and asked him to allow me 5, he agreed

I just got another message from him and he said Merry Christmas TGO I will offer you up to 20 blades that way

Guys, again I know $480.00 is a lot of money for a pocket knife, but for a Carbon Fiber BR1 Magic with a Chad Nichols Damascus blade, you will NEVER get another chance at this and for this low of a price I promise! Edited by willis68
  • Like 2

Gentlemen,

I am not kidding here, when I was at Bladeshow last year and met Dave for the first time, I asked for him to pull out his carry knife for me to look at, he handed me a aluminum framed Carbon Fiber Chad Nichols Damascus bladed BR1 knife.

I asked him if I could do a TGO run like that and he said NO, those blades were reserved for his High End custom knifes, but since he was the owner of the company, that was his knife,

So when I decided to do this run he allowed me 3, one for myself and 2 others, I sent messages to two of my best customers on here and asked him to allow me 5, he agreed

I just got another message from him and he said Merry Christmas TGO I will offer you up to 20 blades that way

Guys, again I know $480.00 is a lot of money for a pocket knife, but for a Carbon Fiber BR1 Magic with a Chad Nichols Damascus blade, you will NEVER get another chance at this, I promise!

While I believe you that these are probably awesome I have no idea what you're talking about. Can you post a picture of what this will look like. I love knives but I'm definitely not a guru like some of you.

What makes this one so special/different?

thanks!

While I believe you that these are probably awesome I have no idea what you're talking about. Can you post a picture of what this will look like. I love knives but I'm definitely not a guru like some of you.

What makes this one so special/different?

thanks!

Eric,

This knife was designed by Mike Whiskers Allen a custom knife maker out of Texas, the trick to most of his knives is that they are automatic, I.E. Switchblades, but it is nearly impossible to tell. With the bolster release, there is no activation button like every other switchblade on the market, you can give this knife to a crowd of people and you would be lucky to find 1 out of 10 people who could be able to figure out how to release the blade. But once you know the way, it is simple and fires like a rocket. There simply is NO way for these knives to unintentionally fire while being in your pocket.

When I got one of the first prototypes from Protech, it came with instructions, like most things in my life I have had I figured I need no instructions, I could not figure it out, so I read them

They are the perfect size and with the deep carry pocket clip are fantastic as a carry knife

This one will be the 5th BR1 knife that I own from Protech, I actually had a custom order in with mike (Whiskers) on a $1000.00 knife, I cancelled it after receiving my custom pearl handled Damascus blade BR1 from Protech

These in my humble opinion are the perfect Gentlemen pocket knife, I absolutely adore them

When Dave builds the Prototype, I will post pictures

But for those of you who order a Chad Nichols Damascus blade, it is the same blade on my custom knife shown here

20151113_170221_zpsfvltegv0.jpg Edited by willis68
  • Like 1
20151113_170221_zpsfvltegv0.jpg[/quote]

I'm not a Damascus expert by no means I just know I've always liked the aesthetics of Damascus steel. I like the traditional patterns but not a big fan of the exotic ones. Not saying I would not own any of the exotics but prefer traditional. So after I committed to one I figured I needed to learn about Chad Nichols Damascus. I like it even more now. Does yours have a fade or ladder pattern and I assume the TGO patterns will be similar?

[quote name="MP5Rizzo" post="1331713" timestamp="1449341579"]20151113_170221_zpsfvltegv0.jpg[/quote]
I'm not a Damascus expert by no means I just know I've always liked the aesthetics of Damascus steel. I like the traditional patterns but not a big fan of the exotic ones. Not saying I would not own any of the exotics but prefer traditional. So after I committed to one I figured I needed to learn about Chad Nichols Damascus. I like it even more now. Does yours have a fade or ladder pattern and I assume the TGO patterns will be similar?[/quote]

Yes,

This is the style that Chad Nichols does for Protech and the ones they use on the BR1 custom knives, the blades will look very similar to this one, trust me when I say, pictures do not do justice, you will be delighted with yours I guarantee it

Here is another Chad did

[quote name="willis68" post="1323275" timestamp="1447366211"]
itimage_zpsitwoiaub.jpeg[/qu

Edited by willis68

Gentlemen,

Protech normally saves the blades for the High End stainless steel custom knives, Dave has been so kind to me for offering this blade on cheaper models, I promise you this will be the only chance to get one this cheap you will ever find

This is going to kill my gun budget but the knife addiction wins.  This knife will have a spot reserved for it in my safe beside the first TGO knife.

Edited by tnhawk
  • Like 1