41P Update - November 2015

It has to be in "pending status," whatever that means, by the effective date. It does not have to be approved by the effective date.

If you file a Form 1 thru efile, the system shows you if the application is in pending status or not, but there is no clear criteria for it. Generally, it appears that once the ATF receives the Form 1 or Form 4 and enters it into their system, it is "pending." Edited by midtennchip
  • 4 weeks later...

So once this takes effect, what are the benefits of having an NFA trust?  I'm seriously considering declaring one to get in under the wire for my first SBR, but if it's ultimately a waste of time, I'll just go the traditional route.

As I get it, at least these:

- adds people who can legally possess them besides yourself

- some advantages regarding inheritance since no NFA transfer necessary to relatives on the trust

- possibly exempt from some future firearm restriction laws

- bypassing CLEO sig (which isn't a big deal in TN, but it is in some places)

- OS

• 3 months later...
I purchased my supressor from silencershop and they mailed the form 3 on 3/18 and the form 4 on 4/18 before the form 3 was cleared. Apparently they have cleared that method with the ATF. Hopefully that means I'm in line for the shortest wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I just sent in two form 4's yesterday to beat the deadline.  I have a feeling the waits are going to skyrocket back to 10-11 months with everyone trying to beat the date.

I wish I could drop a form for a .300BLK can, but the money for a can is just an ill timed luxury at the moment.  Bad timing for it all, I suppose. 

Oh well, I still have my SBR, so I'm not totally out of the NFA loop.

I wish I could drop a form for a .300BLK can, but the money for a can is just an ill timed luxury at the moment.  Bad timing for it all, I suppose. 

While it will be a bigger nuisance afterwards, it won't be impossible.  When you can afford it, it is well worth it.

I wish I could drop a form for a .300BLK can, but the money for a can is just an ill timed luxury at the moment. Bad timing for it all, I suppose.

Just put a form 1 in to beat the deadline. You can build it as funds allow.

Just put a form 1 in to beat the deadline. You can build it as funds allow.

I'd buy the can, not build one from parts.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk, because I felt that Oh Shoot wanted to know that particular bit of information.

Same here. I'm looking for a Griffin Armament Revolution 9. So far no luck. One of the area dealers has some on order... for a while... but no word when they would ship/transfer. I was hoping to get Form 4 in before July, but it doesn't seem likely. So with availability, longer Form 4 processing after July, I would appears I may get a suppressor Q3 next year. 

If anyone has any suggestions on where to source a Rev9 from, that would be appreciated. I called the local shops, PM'ed a couple vendors here (one replied), talked to Silencershop. I'll be be on the phones tomorrow and will widen my search area statewide.

I'd buy the can, not build one from parts.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk, because I felt that Oh Shoot wanted to know that particular bit of information.

Just offering options. Built/building all mine :)