Remington 1911 R1 Enhanced

CommsNBombs

Provided it does not fall through the trade I got lined up for my AR Pistol is for the R1 Enhanced with 4 mags, a bucket of ammo and some holsters and more grips than you can shake another 1911 at.

Besides the question of am I getting a good deal...anyone have any experience with these?

Ive read pretty much rave reviews online, but some gun rag reporter playing with a T&E gun a few years ago is one thing. Anyone have any input on it at all? Does it not like certain ammo? Particular quirks of the brand?

This will be my 2nd 1911 but first gun that isnt a Glock or Ruger, so I dont know anything about Remington other than they make bolt actions and shottys.

TIA

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

Sam Hoster in Gallatin was instrumental in this gun. He flew to Remmy multiple times, and basically did the design for them. Sam is a well known 1911 god.

I've heard anecdotal reports of Sam's involvement, and each one has been slightly different and all from local folks, but I've never read any industry accounts substantiating it and Custom Defense's own website makes no mention of it either.  That seems like something most any business owner would want to at least drop mention of in their marketing materials as it's "brag worthy".

Sadly one of the people I've heard repeating this story the most is Rick Uselton, and well Rick also claimed that he himself made all of his custom 1911s when the reality was Sam was doing the work.  Hell if Rick Uselton out there was telling folks that *I* was from Kentucky originally, I'd be skeptical, and I know that the truth is I really am.  :lol:

All of that aside, Sam makes phenomenal 1911s and whether or not the Remington models have some of his "DNA" in them or not, they get really good reviews.

I do not own one, but have shot one. I was shocked by the way the slide fit the frame and how it felt when it cycled. I was not expecting something that felt that good.

In case your trade falls through, buds has a used one for under 700 with a threaded barrel. Edited by Odessa7979

I've heard anecdotal reports of Sam's involvement, and each one has been slightly different and all from local folks, but I've never read any industry accounts substantiating it and Custom Defense's own website makes no mention of it either.  That seems like something most any business owner would want to at least drop mention of in their marketing materials as it's "brag worthy".

Sadly one of the people I've heard repeating this story the most is Rick Uselton, and well Rick also claimed that he himself made all of his custom 1911s when the reality was Sam was doing the work.  Hell if Rick Uselton out there was telling folks that *I* was from Kentucky originally, I'd be skeptical, and I know that the truth is I really am.   :lol:

All of that aside, Sam makes phenomenal 1911s and whether or not the Remington models have some of his "DNA" in them or not, they get really good reviews.

Uselton Arms opened in Franklin just before the R1 had come out.  I had spoken with Rick about them and he told me HE was involved in the production of the R1!! :shrug:   I guess I'll just stick to the adage "believe none of what you hear and half of what you see"