22 LR Pistol Options

josh.mcdonald

Ruger LCR Revolver in .22LR . Its their ploymer revolver and its a 8 shot . Its fun !

The only reason I sold mine was becuase of the many selfish dumbasses who buy up and hoard all the .22LR ammo and the other dumbasses who buy it all up and sell it for three times as much . I could never find a decent amount of .22LR and still cant so I gave up . I now load my own 9mm and 45 ammo and loving it .

Ok rant over , LOl . But seriously the Ruger LCR in 22Lr is awesome !

Edited by tercel89

I bought a Tactical Solutions TSG-22 TE .22 Conversion Kit for my Glock 19.  Is allows me to just swap the mag and swap slides and I am shooting .22lr on the same Glock I am currently using to Conceal Carry with.

I know one guy who tries to buy every gun he has in a .22lr version if available. I was telling him the conversion kits are a good alternative and sometimes cheaper.

How are the tactical solutions? I am familiar with advantage arms.

I know one guy who tries to buy every gun he has in a .22lr version if available. I was telling him the conversion kits are a good alternative and sometimes cheaper.

How are the tactical solutions? I am familiar with advantage arms.

I had a problem with my kit when I first got it.  Sent it off to them they fixed it and haven't had a problem since.  It has the same feel in the trigger, and grip.  It doesn't have the same sight picture when it comes to shooting and of course the recoil is way different but it still a fun shooter and still pretty good for practicing.

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...

I just picked up a Walther PPK/S 22LR, only had the chance to run a couple of magazine's worth of chow through it, but no FTF or cycling problems and is very accurate for its size. I'm a sucker for its classic lines. I have heard that they can be finicky with ammo brands, high velocity rounds are recommended. I saw a video that demonstrated cycling problems with Winchester 555, shooter sprayed silicone on a batch of rounds, loaded them up and they cycled perfectly. Don't know if there would be any harmful effects or not.

http://i1146.photobucket.com/albums/o526/subsonic55/PPKs%2022_zpspf4xc52t.jpg

• 1 month later...

Picked up an SR22 with the 4.5" barrel at the Nashville gun show yesterday for $310.  Took it out to the farm for some plinking today and it was a blast.  It ran smooth with the Mexican CI ammo they gave me with the gun (100 rnds), and also ran Blazer and Golden Bullet flawlessly.  I'm going to have fun with this gun!

Prior to the last election I confiscated most of a case of Thunderbolts from an old friend of mine who kept having me try and "fix" his semi auto .22.  Prior to the confiscation I took apart his Kimber barrelled 10/22 at least twice to try and figure out what was going on with it.  This rifle had been custom made when he was living out west.  I couldn't find a thing wrong, but changed out the extractor and recoil spring just in case.  Then he calls me again.  When I get to his place I ask him to see the ammo he is shooting as I hadn't had any issues with it when I shot it with whatever I had in my ammo box.  He showed me his "stash" of Thunderbolts, which I immediately confiscated and gave him 3 or 4 bricks of CCI ammo.  I stored his Thunderbolts in my garage, trying to come up with something to do with them, but forgot about them.  2012 rolls around the shelves are picked clean again by resellers and hoarders.  I load up those Thunderbolts and drive out to his place and stick them on his shelf with a shrug.  Something is maybe better than nothing, but in the case of Thunderbolts out of a semi auto .22 I think pulling out the 12 gauge or 30.06 would be money better spent.    

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
Back to the P22. I took mine sort to clean it and the front sight fell out, in my garage, never to be seen again.
Pathetic!
Then I remembered they throw in two others at different heights.
Dug them out and put it back together and just fired 60 rounds. 1 failure due to limp wrist.

Great fun and I think I like it better than my ruger lite.
The Walther is lighter, smaller and still accurate.

Love me some .22 pistols!
  • Like 1

Has anyone tried one of the S&W22 Victory pistols?

I picked one up at buds, and I am not impressed with it. Numerous FTE with 4 different kinds of ammo. I am hoping the thing just needs to break in but so far kind of disappointing.

I need to clarify the FTE as well, it will cycle, but for some reason the empty comes out of the chamber but doesn't eject, then it is in the way of the new round getting stripped off the magazine. So as you can already guess this makes for a pain in the ass to clear.

Edited by tmauto769

I picked one up at buds, and I am not impressed with it. Numerous FTE with 4 different kinds of ammo. I am hoping the thing just needs to break in but so far kind of disappointing.
I need to clarify the FTE as well, it will cycle, but for some reason the empty comes out of the chamber but doesn't eject, then it is in the way of the new round getting stripped off the magazine. So as you can already guess this makes for a pain in the ass to clear.

That sucks, sorry to hear that. I saw my first one and it looked good.

Smith is getting a bad rep with these experiments.
Seems like a Dahmler Chrystler kind of deal. Edited by Ugly

I saw the S&W at Academy yesterday, they look nice, but I just don't like the feel. They just don't seem to be balanced right and I think there heavier then a Mark III.

I have a Mark III, 22/45 Light, GSG 22/45 and a Single Six, I think I will pass on the Smith. :2cents:

Edited by crossfire

I absolutely love my SW22 Victory. I have put close to 1800 rounds through it without a single failure; the vast majority being subsonic (Wolf Match Target, SK Standard Plus, SK Pistol Match, Eley Club, Norma TAC-22, CCI Standard Velocity, Armscor Standard Velocity, Aguila SE Standard Velocity). This is a real tack driver with subsonic ammo, especially with my recent addition of a Burris FastFire III. Complete disassembly takes about 30 seconds with the removal of a single cap screw.

But, I have seen reports of FTE issues similar to tmauto769's over at the S&W and RFC forums. I suspect being a new product, these issues are due to manufacturing variability and/or inadequate QC. I really think this is going to be a winner for S&W.

MySW22Victory1b.JPG

MySW22Victory5.JPG

Edited by 10P8TRIOT
Replaced photobucket link
I also held one at academy. I was looking for a threaded version. It felt very heavy in the hand and not balance. I have a model 41 with a 7" barrel and it does not feel quite as heavy as this pistol.
I'm going to have to wait till I shoot one.
  • 2 weeks later...

Got a new Victory myself about a week ago, just got to shoot it today.

In short, all aces. Very nice light trigger, I like the weight, balances fine for me. Biggest plus, shot everything I ran through it, different flavors/weights from CCI MiniMag, CCI Quiet Standard, Win Subsonic, Blazer, Federal bulk, Federal Match, Aguila, American Eagle, and even the older Rem Golden Bullets. It even ran perfectly with random mixes of them in the mags.

Totally impressed.

I never bought a Ruger MarkX or 22/45 just because of the hassle of disassembly mainly, was always enough to deter me, so really only have ever had an old HR revolver and a Beretta NEOS, which ain't really bad, but certainly not all that or anything, certainly never 100% with all ammo by far.

Now, the irony: whole thing breaks down with just the removal of one 1/8" hex screw, but I couldn't get that one frigging screw out!  Seriously, some gorilla put it together with a damn air powered impact wrench or something. It just twisted the Allen wrench that came with it plus even a heftier one I tried. I had to find a socket wrench driven Allen bit to break it loose the first time! Geez.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1

Got a new Victory myself about a week ago, just got to shoot it today.

In short, all aces. Very nice light trigger, I like the weight, balances fine for me. Biggest plus, shot everything I ran through it, different flavors/weights from CCI MiniMag, CCI Quiet, Win Subsonic, Blazer, Federal bulk, Federal Match, Aguila, American Eagle, and even the older Rem Golden Bullets. It even ran perfectly with random mixes of them in the mags.

Totally impressed.

I never bought a Ruger MarkX or 22/45 just because of the hassle of disassembly mainly, was always enough to deter me, so really only have ever had an old HR revolver and a Beretta NEOS, which ain't really bad, but certainly not all that or anything, certainly never 100% with all ammo by far.

Now, the irony: whole thing breaks down with just the removal of one 1/8" hex screw, but I couldn't get that one frigging screw out!  Seriously, some gorilla put it together with a damn air powered impact wrench or something. It just twisted the Allen wrench that came with it plus even a heftier one I tried. I had to find a socket wrench driven Allen bit to break it loose the first time! Geez.

- OS

that's all you had to say to make me a believer, LOL...I've never owned a semi auto that would shoot those crappy bullets

• 2 months later...
11 hours ago, tnhawk said:

After keeping a watch out for a SW22 Victory with threaded barrel I finally spotted one at a local dealer.   After disassembly and cleaning I'll get to put a few rounds through it today.

Breathlessly awaiting your report. ;)

- OS